Hi to all - just joined forum, I'm located in East Coast USA

SnappyJack

420 Member
Hi to all.. just joined forum .. I'm located in East Coast USA

I have a girl .. mid 10th week of flower.. I'm not getting a clear response as to whether she is ready to harvest on another forum.. I'm looking for a 10% amber with all white (or mostly) white trichome... being my first harvest I'm not certain of my abilities to correctly identify these elements and the proper time to harvest... let me have your opinions.

02-13-24-e.jpg
02-13-24-d.jpg
02-13-24.jpg
02-13-24-b.jpg
02-13-24-a.jpg

02-13-24-c.jpg

I have a girl .. mid 10th week of flower.. I'm not getting a clear response as to whether she is ready to harvest on another forum.. I'm looking for a 10% amber with all white (or mostly) white trichome... being my first harvest I'm not certain of my abilities to correctly identify these elements and the proper time to harvest... let me have your opinions.

02-13-24-e.jpg
02-13-24-d.jpg
02-13-24.jpg
02-13-24-b.jpg
02-13-24-a.jpg

02-13-24-c.jpg
Beautiful ladies my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine :welcome:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Welcome to the Forums @SnappyJack !

When to harvest is a Grower's Choice type thing depending on how you like your effects. I don't even start checking trichomes until the pistils (really stigmas) have all darkened and begun to crinkle in. Looks like you're there now.

Once there I start checking the trichs with a jeweler's loop. I don't see much amber yet in yours. When did you start counting flower, from the flip or from first white hairs? I'm guessing from flip since it doesn't look like a hard core sativa which often go longer than hybrids or pure indicas.

Mostly clear = not ready yet
Mostly cloudy = most potent and an "up" type high
More than 20% or so amber = more of a body stone/couch lock as the THC begins to degrade into CBN, the sleepy time cannabinoid.

If you are unsure of how you like it there's nothing that says you can't harvest little bits over time and better dial in what you like for next time.

So, if you counted from flip, there's usually a 2-3 week transition period between veg and true flower where the plant is changing its hormones over, which would actually put you around week 7 or 8 of flower and that's consistent with how they look.

The harvest window is open, but is early in that window.

02-13-24-e.jpg
02-13-24-d.jpg
02-13-24.jpg
02-13-24-b.jpg
02-13-24-a.jpg

02-13-24-c.jpg
Welcome aboard, nice buds you have going there, I won't add to when to harvest @Azimuth has covered that nicely.

02-13-24-e.jpg
02-13-24-d.jpg
02-13-24.jpg
02-13-24-b.jpg
02-13-24-a.jpg

02-13-24-c.jpg
Welcome to :420: Slappyjack. :thumb:🍋

Welcome to 420 Magazine @SnappyJack

Beautiful looking lady you have there.
I may be a little late for this grow but will you be doing a grow journal on your next grow?

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Welcome to the party SnappyJack!

That's a nice looking plant and it looks like it'll be ready soon, but not quite yet!

What strain is it?

Back
Top Bottom