Horse's Coco Hempy 400w CMH Vertical Crawlspace Grow 2010

awesome little clone cabinet sir! How are the temps in there? And have you used the cloner before at any point?

Hay farnorth, after rearranging some fans, and cutting back to 48w of T5s, it's staying 65-70°, humidity is around 60-70%.

I'm already wishing I had made the cabinet a little bigger for more ventilation, and to keep the lights higher... but there's not a lot of real estate down in the hole :Rasta:

I've never used one of these contraptions before. I didn't realize how much heat the sprayer motor could kick out, and almost fried some of the first cuttings. Looks like everything has bounced back.

I put some seriously flowering cuts in last night, those will be interesting ;)

Looking great Horse, getting some bulk goin on there with the WR's. Very Nice!!
Busy crawl.
Sticky stiks from Walmart and garlic powder sprinkled on your media should corral a load of gnats. Good luck!.

Too bad you didn't have room for decent size cloner, lol.

You must have another crawl ready to start up.

Howdy Mick, the camera puts a lot of weight on the WRs! I'm not a big fan of tight buds in tight spaces, so a little airy is fine with me,

I'll have to check out the sticky sticks, thanks. The hydro store is out of the yellow cards...

I put out some bowls of apple cider vinegar w/soap. Only one of the little buggers so far, and he seemed a little suicidal after the eco-smart ;)

They make a bigger cloner? :Rasta:

Man, miss a couple of days and the crawl gets smaller! :ganjamon:

Even a new cabinet and cloner. Actually everything looks great. My Friend! :thumb:

Hay OMM, if I want to get any more stuff down there, I'm going to have to start digging... which may be considerably easier than cleaning out 10 years of junk ;)

I stole the cabinet design from someone posting in your thread, easy peasy :Rasta:

Thanks for stoopin in!

Howdy Mick, the camera puts a lot of weight on the WRs! I'm not a big fan of tight buds in tight spaces, so a little airy is fine with me,

I'll have to check out the sticky sticks, thanks. The hydro store is out of the yellow cards...

I put out some bowls of apple cider vinegar w/soap. Only one of the little buggers so far, and he seemed a little suicidal after the eco-smart ;)

They make a bigger cloner? :Rasta:

Yeah airy is always better than moldy.

A layer of plastic wrap with small holes (toothpick size) will trap the gnats after they go for a sip of cider.

I guess you're right, 60 clone pots is probably enough.:thumb:

Hay farnorth, after rearranging some fans, and cutting back to 48w of T5s, it's staying 65-70°, humidity is around 60-70%.

I'm already wishing I had made the cabinet a little bigger for more ventilation, and to keep the lights higher... but there's not a lot of real estate down in the hole :Rasta:

I've never used one of these contraptions before. I didn't realize how much heat the sprayer motor could kick out, and almost fried some of the first cuttings. Looks like everything has bounced back.

I put some seriously flowering cuts in last night, those will be interesting ;)

Yeah they can put out quite a bit of heat. It is nice though because it keeps your water temps right where you want them.. Im on my 4th batch of clones in my DIY ez cloner and finally getting the kick of things to make them root without any wilting or yellowing.
Im definitely a fan of these things. Just be sure to read about cleaning it.

Morning Horse!

Hope things are good in Crawl-land.

The mogul/light cord is continuing to cause problems for my mover, and I was hoping you could tell me exactly how you modified yours. I've got the mover turned off until I can get this resolved. I don't think it's the movers fault, it's like trying to run a boat with the anchor still dropped.

Thanks bro and Happy Easter to you and your family.

Morning Horse!

Hope things are good in Crawl-land.

The mogul/light cord is continuing to cause problems for my mover, and I was hoping you could tell me exactly how you modified yours. I've got the mover turned off until I can get this resolved. I don't think it's the movers fault, it's like trying to run a boat with the anchor still dropped.

Thanks bro and Happy Easter to you and your family.

DSC092841.jpg

I'm not using a mover, mind you. I just clipped the hardwired cords, and added the appropriate extension cord ends. Then I made up some more flexible extension cords to replace the stiff stuff I cut out.

I can't remember what gauge the original cord is, but it oughta be stamped on it. I used 12g because that's what I have.

I still think you're going to have to do some pulley and counterweighting like Mr Smith and --- (Silent Bob/Tyrone Hamilton) did.

:goodluck:

Hey Horse I first want to say I really like the crawl. I have a question on the gnats you are battling. Have you looked at them under a scope, they sound kinda like what got me on my first grow about mid flower. I think it was a aphid more then a gnat. I tried BT on them and a few other things that never worked.

I washed everything down and started a seed and sure enough them fuckers were back I hit it with a product called ferti-lome fruit tree spray.I have only seen one or two since in both my spaces.

DSC092841.jpg

I'm not using a mover, mind you. I just clipped the hardwired cords, and added the appropriate extension cord ends. Then I made up some more flexible extension cords to replace the stiff stuff I cut out.

I can't remember what gauge the original cord is, but it oughta be stamped on it. I used 12g because that's what I have.

I still think you're going to have to do some pulley and counterweighting like Mr Smith and --- (Silent Bob/Tyrone Hamilton) did.

:goodluck:

Thanks Horse. I'm pretty sure I'm going to just pack it all up and send it back. I don't trust it and it could ruin half the grow in a few hours. :peace:

Hay BlueDog, I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful. OMM is right, after seeing all the stuff you've put together, I did just assume you were handy :Rasta:

I think you're right about sending this mover back. The only one I've actually seen is pretty stout collection of hardware.

You can find how to do almost anything on you tube...

YouTube - Wiring a Plug and You

:)

No problem Horse, I do know how to do a splice but what size wires are safe to use etc is beyond my expertise.

If I could I'd post pics of some steps I once built and installed backwards.... there would be about an 18" step down to a 6" step... and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what I'd done wrong lol. My aunt had to come out and tell me. And that's when my eyes were still working perfectly. That should give you an idea... when it comes to DIY I'm more dangerous than handy :peace:

Hey Horse I first want to say I really like the crawl. I have a question on the gnats you are battling. Have you looked at them under a scope, they sound kinda like what got me on my first grow about mid flower. I think it was a aphid more then a gnat. I tried BT on them and a few other things that never worked.

I washed everything down and started a seed and sure enough them fuckers were back I hit it with a product called ferti-lome fruit tree spray.I have only seen one or two since in both my spaces.

High PBRMJ, thanks for the kind words. No disease or pest I've gotten looks like anything textbook :) I have scoped these buggers, and they look more like gnats than aphids, but these have a longer, thinner tail than those book gnats.

It has to be BTi, from my understanding, but obviously my understanding is not getting rid of my gnats ;)

I just ordered some Gnatrol... but I'll check out that ferti-lome. Thanks for the heads up!

Quick photo update. The gallery's been switching the order of the pics around on upload, so bear with me.

Sunday's garden.

DSC092861.jpg

Jack III left 61 days. White Russian II 56 days. Both are showing some amber. 30% maybe. I think I should start flushing now... is that right? I'm using Sucanat instead of molasses. Do I keep that up during the flush?

Jack III

DSC092881.jpg

DSC09287.jpg

DSC092891.jpg

WR II

DSC09294.jpg

DSC09293.jpg

DSC09295.jpg

WR III 56 days also.

DSC09297.jpg

DSC09296.jpg

DSC09298.jpg

Hawaiian 22 days. This plant looks like a lot of indica's in her jeans :smokin: I'm still not sure what she officially is.

DSC09273.jpg

DSC09272.jpg

DSC09300.jpg

DSC09301.jpg

DSC09302.jpg

Flo 23 days. Looks sativa dominant to me. The folks I got her from, may have monkied with her genetics. They said it used to be their favorite strain, but last grow was disappointing medicinal-wise. I'm hoping good parenting will bring out the best in her :)

DSC09303.jpg

DSC09304.jpg

DSC09306.jpg

The JH kids in the pool 56 days. I stripped the fans soon after they went into 12/12 under the T5s. Pretty much stopped their stretching around 2'. The other JHs I've flowered have all gone over 3'. I think timely defoliation can keep them short (thanks 420fied)... now I've gotta work on short and bulky ;)

DSC09308.jpg

DSC09309.jpg

DSC09312.jpg

DSC09311.jpg

DSC09314.jpg

DSC09313.jpg

Here's the Heartbreak Hotel. I couldn't have been more destructive if I'd used Agent Orange. This is a formerly flourishing AK48 clone I'd had for 24 hours before I melted most of her. It's still kinda sketchy if she'll make it or not.

I cut down an 8l rose pot to 4l, put in a lava rock res, and coco/dirt/lava rock medium. I fuckin forgot to put mosquito dunks in the res, dang.

I think the next pots will be 6l?

DSC09316.jpg

I lost all the Hawaiian clones, have one struggling White Russian, one Flo with an intact top, and 3 JHs that I hadn't had the heart to kill at the last changing of the guard from veg to flower. My little army of mutated rejects.

The bitch is that this time I actually had a plan for keeping the perpetual thing going with 5 strains...

And the ezcloner... no roots after 8 days. None. I'm thinking this ain't right. Any tips?

Thanks for looking.

Back
Top Bottom