How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

Hello again, We have overwintered (in Australia) two Blue Haze plants in soil and they were looking good. We repotted them two weeks ago leaving the soil ball intact and put them into a 4 gallon pot and packed it out with coco. In checking the runoff the ph is going down from 6 to 5.4 and the ppm is going up from the 1100 we are putting in to 1600ppm running off! Some of the leaves are showing brown rusty looking spots over them. The smaller leaves at the very bottom are dying off. I can't decide if they need more or if they need less! We are adding 4 ml calmag to two gallons water along with notes. They have been in the flowering stage for about two weeks. Do you have any ideas. I thought perhaps cutting the feed down from 1100 due to the soil still being in place. It's not really rtw with the potting mix in the middle is it? Thank you so much for your input.

I have uploaded a photo of a leaf but although I hit 'My Photos' and select it for some reason I cant get it to appear here!

Sorry, I'm late to answer. I didn't see that the thread was updated with posts.

It is probably too late now, but always start your plant in coco or rockwool if you are going to water daily. Because the core of your roots were in soil, you should have watered every 3 days. Or until a bit dry so the soil doesn't stay too wet. Once in full flower, then you could have watered daily so long as the plants were thirsty enough.

I would hate to hand water that set up daily. But you can build a pretty cheap drip system to do it for you. However, with proper training, you can get the same yields with plants in 5 gallon pots. Or 3 gallon pots with no veg time. My buddy does it with 3 gallon pots. If 5 gallons, you will need a little veg time.

I would hate to hand water that set up daily. But you can build a pretty cheap drip system to do it for you. However, with proper training, you can get the same yields with plants in 5 gallon pots. Or 3 gallon pots with no veg time. My buddy does it with 3 gallon pots. If 5 gallons, you will need a little veg time.

Thanks for the reply! I'm just getting back into growing after a 13 year hiatus. I currently have 6 in 5 gallon fabric pots pretty heavily trained.

I've always liked the LST approach but I stumbled on those old threads about the 2L sog hempy grows and started to get tempted by the prospects. I should probably get through one solid grow before I go getting so ambitious. I just want to have a solid plan for a perpetual grow, it was between the 1gallon approach or the 5 gallon with two staggered flowering tents

Hey bud,

love your tutorials in the videos and I'll be using some of the same methods. Going to grow in Coco and Perlite with Grogan cubes to start seeds. I will have 1000 watt HPS instead of LED thou. My question is how many plants and what size pots should be used to hit at least the breeders reported gram numbers for a sqr meter ? Does the breeders Ht. shown on sales page fairly true ?These will be Auto's.

To get maximum yields takes having everything dialed in. Temps, humidity, PH being most important. Different people have different rates of success with different techniques, such as smaller plants or larger plants.

I would try 13 liter pots.

56 litre pots are out the question then bro I've always been told bigger the roots bigger the top? I average around 5-6 ounce per plant but feel I'm wasting money on coco .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I've been thinking of down sizes to maybe 26 litres for awhile humping bags of coco about is a chore. Would you say re-using the coco is a bad idea? Here's my little garden for a noob I always fill my space lol
420-magazine-mobile1974386898.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey LEDRF,

I've seen in your video's that you use Grogan cubes for seedlings, do you see any pro's or con's in using a jiffy peat pot filled with coc/perl. mix and then when big enough transferring to final coco mix pot like you do the cubes?

If you water the coco daily and treat it like hydo, then the peat center might remain too moist and cause issues with the roots in that area.

Yep, I have used jiffy pucks and you need to only give them enough water to expand or "squeeze" them out. I also used rapid rooters I soak them first in ph adjusted water the squeeze them out. Very easy to over water if your not careful.

If you water the coco daily and treat it like hydo, then the peat center might remain too moist and cause issues with the roots in that area.

Thanks for the response. Just to be clear I'm not talking about a jiffy puck weed dude is. I'm talking about a jiffy pot, one of those flimsy ones lol.

Your saying that it wont decompose as they state enough to allow the roots to grow thru into the final pots coco/perl. ?

Sorry, I'm late to answer. I didn't see that the thread was updated with posts.

It is probably too late now, but always start your plant in coco or rockwool if you are going to water daily. Because the core of your roots were in soil, you should have watered every 3 days. Or until a bit dry so the soil doesn't stay too wet. Once in full flower, then you could have watered daily so long as the plants were thirsty enough.

Thanks so much for your time, it is so appreciated. We finally decided to minimum water only (no nutes) while continually evaluating the runoff. You will be interested to know we managed to bring them through the crisis. We only ever use coco but at the end of last year's season we planted two clones in soil as we were going away for three months. Our daughter looked after them and we were trying to make it easy for her. Anyway our reward right now is two big smelly girls with about 10 days to I should think.

Thanks for the response. Just to be clear I'm not talking about a jiffy puck weed dude is. I'm talking about a jiffy pot, one of those flimsy ones lol.

Your saying that it wont decompose as they state enough to allow the roots to grow thru into the final pots coco/perl. ?

I used those before. I just take them out of the pot. Supposedly you can just bury the whole pot.

Like these Redirect - Jiffy Products

Yeah you can reuse coco up to 3 times. The second time will be better than the first time and the third time will be better than the second time. After that it kinda starts to shit out and you need to get new stuff. That's my experience with reusing it.

Sent from my LG-H830 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I saw a video where a grower used a plastic kiddie pool to clean out the dead roots. I bought one and tried it and it works real nice. I then made up a bucket and drilled holes in the bottom then put some some screening in there. I flush the coco thoroughly. The next step is to put it in a big plastic garbage can and then soak it with a Biozyme and let it cook. I then use 70% reused with 30 % new mix. It has worked real well.

Back
Top Bottom