Humidity Problems Has Me Stumped

HigherTheHigh

Hello everyone I hope everyone reading is happy and healthy.

So I try and never adjust my extractor and iv been growing with a Temp sensor for the past week and noticed its spiking to 80% when the lights turn off and I can't understand why as its hovering around 50-65% when the lights are on, fans are going and I just can't understand what's going wrong as I can't open any more vents.

I run a 4x3 tent with a 8" 660mm Pro filter and 1500cfm turned down to half power.

Two intakes consist of 2 8" ports.

There's UV bulbs out there that help with mould spores, does anyone know the exact Uv spec?
Screenshot_20200613_021302.jpg

all the intake air has to be dragged across the uv light for it to be effective. spores are more resilient than germs or a virus. a home set up is hardly ever that efficient.

a couple small oscillating or even stationary fans in the grow space will help with humidity and ventilation. if they can't get ahead of it then a de-humidifier or dry bags become the next step.

i get swings in rh depending on the season, i pretty much just grow through it. it becomes an expensive proposition to control every single parameter.

The
The amount of water in your air is not changing at all. The temperature of your environment is which is causing your RH swings. Warm air holds much more water than cooler air (hence the RH swing).

The clue is in the name, relative humidity. Probably be worse if you had your exhaust fan running off the same timer your lighting is plugged into.

Dew happens overnight, then evaporates as the day comes and the temperature warms. But that moisture doesn't leave the planet each day and magically return when it gets dark. Keep it warmer than the dew point in there (condensation on the walls sucks, lol), and you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom