Hydro Coco Quasi Hempy Grow

Re: Bandit420's Hydro Coco A GoGo

LOL! I've been playing that game for a while. My excuse is at least I'm not at a b ar till 2 in the morning shooting pool anymore. I get my toys for this self medicating hobbie and she gets her nails, hair, and everything else done. ;)

OOOHHHHH! I forgot, shoes, purses, clothes, bikini, treadmill,etc., etc, etc. But it's worth it.:tokin:
By the way, those ladies look unbelievable. I hope I can come close to duplicating that room soon.

LOL! I've been playing that game for a while. My excuse is at least I'm not at a b ar till 2 in the morning shooting pool anymore. I get my toys for this self medicating hobbie and she gets her nails, hair, and everything else done. ;)

OOOHHHHH! I forgot, shoes, purses, clothes, bikini, treadmill,etc., etc, etc. But it's worth it.:tokin:
By the way, those ladies look unbelievable. I hope I can come close to duplicating that room soon.

lmao!! With mine it's the shoes, handbags, and music downloads of all things. I have to keep finding crap to peddle on ebay so I can keep her paypal full for itunes and it's all good. But like you said, it's so worth it! ;)

Great googely moogely :goodjob:

What a trip! Hey Bandit, you're journal is so exciting... it's like were going 137mph on route 420 with the top down.

You got to be runing out of pipes... Jeeeezzzz, I have 2 and a pack of Zig Zag (whites).

Great going coming up with ideas to help those that need it. I'd hug ya' but the fellas are watching.

Thanks for giving up the secret recipe to the..... what the hell you call it? Time machine? or something...

Any way, I got my ph pen calibrated and the ppm too. That was so much faster than the color card kit.

Thanks again for hooking me up with North East Hydro and for all the great info and stuff. :tokin:

Scrolled back afew pages. That yellow to red pipe is sic. I like that. Garden looks tight. That Extra 'Dirt' is suppose to be the shit. I see you still hooked on air pots. Hey it works. Air Pruning. I'm sold on smart pots. I found a knock off that has handles, and they are taller. Less floor space for a 3 gallon over a smart pots 2 gallon. Well I'm running alittle tight on floor space in the garage. Did I see you say you was moving something 'outside'?
That pipe has some hella colors. Deserves some special buddage. I agree with any upgrades on your electric system. I'm almost decided what I'm going to do in mine.
35 Amp 220. Is looking rite with a good box, for the room.
Well Hope your the harvest is all you want. It's never all ya need. I'll being looking in I just do alot of peeking. That's some different looking pipe ya got Sisco. Have to drive bye there too. Well Bandit Keep em Green

Checking in Bandit... all looking fantastic!!:smokin:
Thanks for stopping by Tmac! With all that you have going on I'm amazed that you find time to vistit these journals...
Cheers to you and Hubby!
Great googely moogely :goodjob:

What a trip! Hey Bandit, you're journal is so exciting... it's like were going 137mph on route 420 with the top down.

You got to be runing out of pipes... Jeeeezzzz, I have 2 and a pack of Zig Zag (whites).

Great going coming up with ideas to help those that need it. I'd hug ya' but the fellas are watching.

Thanks for giving up the secret recipe to the..... what the hell you call it? Time machine? or something...

Any way, I got my ph pen calibrated and the ppm too. That was so much faster than the color card kit.

Thanks again for hooking me up with North East Hydro and for all the great info and stuff. :tokin:

Thanks for all the kind words Sisco!!
This thing is going super fast but it will slow down big time after this harvest and I wait on the seedlings to mature...
For the pipes this glass fetish has become a disease...
3 large bongs, all tricked out....8 glass pipes, and one crazy vape. Oh and I cant forget my 99c pack of JOB papers :joint:
Nothings a secret in my journal/grow room Buddy....I'll lay it all down here to let 'em know where I'm coming from and where i'm going with this thing.
Afterwards we'll see the results and if they're outstanding then hopefully this thread can help other growers with ideas or techniques while giving insight on various product qualities and effectiveness

Scrolled back afew pages. That yellow to red pipe is sic. I like that. Garden looks tight. That Extra 'Dirt' is suppose to be the shit. I see you still hooked on air pots. Hey it works. Air Pruning. I'm sold on smart pots. I found a knock off that has handles, and they are taller. Less floor space for a 3 gallon over a smart pots 2 gallon. Well I'm running alittle tight on floor space in the garage. Did I see you say you was moving something 'outside'?
That pipe has some hella colors. Deserves some special buddage. I agree with any upgrades on your electric system. I'm almost decided what I'm going to do in mine.
35 Amp 220. Is looking rite with a good box, for the room.
Well Hope your the harvest is all you want. It's never all ya need. I'll being looking in I just do alot of peeking. That's some different looking pipe ya got Sisco. Have to drive bye there too. Well Bandit Keep em Green
Thanks for stopping by with the kind words Norcaliwood!!
I think you'll always see airpots in use for something here...too many good things come out of using them. Dont be surprised if the Blackwater and LA Woman plants are more robust plants compared to the others just because they're in airpots
I also like the smart pot fabric bags. More so the ones from CAP becuase they're a better fit for cannabis, less expensive, and sturdier handles.

000_01391.JPG

These smart pots i'm making from coco matting seem to be good too. A little too early but I think they'll do the job just fine.

I've got one mama outside already, pics coming soon... We have a small window of time down here where with good planning we can slip in an outdoor harvest before Summer. If our last freeze is in mid February we can do a grow to get a harvest in by early May. It's tricky as hell, especially if we get a late freeze we're dead in the water but it can be pulled off.
I'll also be doing another outdoor grow for the late Summer season. That's the time where I plant almost two months later than the rest of the country to get a harvest in November and December.
It took me about two years to finally get the timing dialed in to get a good outdoor haul. Between nasty heat and catepillars I've found that a Fall/ early Winter grow outdoors yields the best quality down here. ;)

Re: Bandit420's Hydro Coco Quasi Hempy Grow

Great read. Im reeling. I read the whole thing today and I must say I am now a fan. I have learned so much from your thread. Thanks for being so thorough. This site rocks.

I am a hydro guy extreme novice using a self built system. All previous grows have been guerilla tactics outdoor but recently got my medical credentials for myself and I caretake for another. Started my first journal today.

Im about 2 weeks from my first harvest and Im blown away from the results. Its an indica strain I got from a friend. Smells real sweet and has a definite pinelike aroma. Medium stoniness. The guy I got it from is commercial and doesnt take the time to give the ladies a proper cure. Its a shame really.

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on curing. I hang my stuff for about a week in about 65 degrees dark dry spot. Then the 1st trim and into paper bags rotating every day for another week up to 10 days. Then a proper trim and into glass jars for a minimum 30 says. I open the jars daily to wipe out the moisture and rotate the buds. Jars are half full. Stored in the dark aroung 69 degrees.

Seems like the longer the cure the more mellow the bud with enhanced smell and flavor.

Great read. Im reeling. I read the whole thing today and I must say I am now a fan. I have learned so much from your thread. Thanks for being so thorough. This site rocks.

I am a hydro guy extreme novice using a self built system. All previous grows have been guerilla tactics outdoor but recently got my medical credentials for myself and I caretake for another. Started my first journal today.

Im about 2 weeks from my first harvest and Im blown away from the results. Its an indica strain I got from a friend. Smells real sweet and has a definite pinelike aroma. Medium stoniness. The guy I got it from is commercial and doesnt take the time to give the ladies a proper cure. Its a shame really.

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on curing. I hang my stuff for about a week in about 65 degrees dark dry spot. Then the 1st trim and into paper bags rotating every day for another week up to 10 days. Then a proper trim and into glass jars for a minimum 30 says. I open the jars daily to wipe out the moisture and rotate the buds. Jars are half full. Stored in the dark aroung 69 degrees.

Seems like the longer the cure the more mellow the bud with enhanced smell and flavor.

I agree a good cure is extra important, my latest harvest practically improves in smell taste and overall smoke daily, the longer you can hold on the better no doubt!

Thanks for stopping by with the kind words and i'm glad you've enjoyed the read so far! I like keeping it loose and fun yet full of info around here. Makes learning fun! :grinjoint:

The commercial grower not curing his bud is something I'm very familiar with. I have a couple friends who grow for profit and they never cure. They always ask me how i get my bud to be so potent and when i tell them they dont like it because it means sitting on their bud for a month or two and they like to sell it as soon as it can burn. But it is what it is and that's why when you want something done right, you do it yourself.

I really dont like to smoke anything under a two week cure but I prefer at least a thirty day. My private reserve stash has some buds that have been cured for well over a 100 days. As you could imagine, the 100 day + has some potency that will bring a large grown man to his knees.
By that time it loses most of the sweet flavors and it's just a ruthless nasal burning skunk smoke that can be very overwhelming to those who are not used to such potency. A lot of people like to say something is a one hitter quitter but when they truly experience one it knocks them down.

When I harvest I have a friend come over and handle the trim job in return a couple handfuls of bud. He trims the whole crop at once and i dry it all in this thing at one time

IMG_11067.JPG

When it's dry it get jarred up in sorts of different size jars i have

IMG_11956.JPG

I burp them everyday until they dont need it anymore and then the whole stash get put in one of the globe bars. You know one of those old world looking globes that opens up to reveal a bar? They also make outstanding humidors! I need to take a pic of mine sometime.

For all the trim I freeze it as soon as it's cut for making hash. I use one of those mini washing machines to make water hash and it works best with frozen fresh herb rather than frozen dry herb.

YouTube - ‪Common Rider - Classics Of Love‬‏

Yet another project :tokin:....

Last week I got a free bag of dirt to try out. It's from Soil Menders and it's called Potting Mix 109. Looks exactly like Roots Organics soil. Coir based with all kinds of goodies. I decide that it would be a good trial to pull the mama OG KUsh and flower them outdoors in the early Spring using this dirt.
For this project I'm using ten gallon pots filled with the new dirt and I'm using General Organics Bio Thrive nutes. I'm also using a tomato trellis and big garden stake to hold the topiary style plants in place so the winds dont beat 'em up too bad
Let's watch and see what happens! ;)

IMG_16982.JPG

Free Dirt!!!

IMG_17222.JPG

IMG_17211.JPG

FREE is cool. And those are the same pots. I agree alittle better suited for that long ass tap root to run with. I start to finish in those 3 gallon bags over a 5 gallon plastic pot. I see you got one of them dryer bags. Cool. Might be easier than the old clothes line I use but. I could never justify paying for one myself. Winter flowering, humidity no problems? I know we had a winter like fall here, and I lost alot of plants. I'll be watching that. GL Keep em Green

Holy frijoles, that's a little bit of smoke!:Namaste:
I like the hanging dryer, wish I didn't have to be stealth with my drying.

Do you have hygrometers for your curing bud? I just picked a couple of them up and a humidifier for when or if it gets a little dry. I'm really enjoying not spending $$$ on herbs anymore and am trying to keep my herbs as fresh as possible until the next plants finish.

Quick ? for you. Since you seem to go for quality I wanted to know if you've ever ordered seed from Castle Marijuana Seeds? Been looking at what they have and am realy interested in a few of their strains. I want to get a few more strains so I have a little more variety, gets boring smoking the same couple strains all the time. Anyways, I'm lookin at Confidential Cheese, Violator Kush, and Pineapple Chunk plus I might add a couple more strains just to have them on hand:) Was looking a Single Seed Centre and thinking of ordering from them as well.

:peace:

No hydrometers for my herb though I have been reading on that recently. I've been going by smell and firmness mostly.
I've never done business with Castle but I'll check 'em out. My go to guys are Single Seed Centre. They've done very well for me several times now and I love the option of buying singles. My usual game plan is to buy 3 or 4 fems of one strain and 8 regulars if i go with regs. I also like SSC because they have the elite strains in my eyes....the kushes, the hazes, the purps, the LAs...they're all there ;)
I'll be very inteseted in that Con Cheese and I've heard nothing but great reviews on VK.

FREE is cool. And those are the same pots. I agree alittle better suited for that long ass tap root to run with. I start to finish in those 3 gallon bags over a 5 gallon plastic pot. I see you got one of them dryer bags. Cool. Might be easier than the old clothes line I use but. I could never justify paying for one myself. Winter flowering, humidity no problems? I know we had a winter like fall here, and I lost alot of plants. I'll be watching that. GL Keep em Green
Free is definatley me and always will be :)
The drying rack does make things ez over my old clothes lines & box routine. I found that thing on ebay for about $20. Not too bad considering it stores easier and i know I always have plenty of room.
I tried to get a grow in thru the winter but we had some zero degree temps that even a greenhouse could'nt offer protection and they went belly up. They made it thru 22 degree days but that darn 0 wacked 'em quick ;)

Hey Bandito! Every time I get over here I'm 3+ pages behind. I hate that! Can't you take a few hours off or something???

Just kidding you bro keep on rockin.... :tokin:

Bandit,
Everything is looking lovely. Blow some smoke on the screen for me. buddy.

Hey Bandito! Every time I get over here I'm 3+ pages behind. I hate that! Can't you take a few hours off or something???

Just kidding you bro keep on rockin.... :tokin:

lol Howdy Fellas! I lost the pics and update from yesterday. This bubble hash wrecked me really good last night and I could'nt reload them to the site so I'll bring them back here in a minute :lot-o-toke:....

Good info, Bandit. You just answered at least 3 questions I've had floating around in my head for a while. In the instructions for my pH meter it says to 'never store your meter in distilled water' (mine is right around 7pH). Do you think there's a legitimate reason for that or do they just say that to get you to shell out more $ for storage solution?

DocBud talks about this a fair amount, distilled/RO water has no ph at all since ph is basically a measurement of what's in the water. If you test it with a meter the meter attempts to read nothing and gets screwed up. Kinda like dividing by 0.

IMG_16793.JPG

The foot pedal pump switch. Now when I need to water I simply Hit The Gas! :Rasta:

Yep...Safety first!
My home is very old, built in '55, remodeled in '84 and then I've been remodeling off and on since '06. I had a new utilty drop installed a few years back and then I installed a single 50 amp gfci circuit to go into the grow room. But that circuit only handles the bloom cab, ac, and air control. The veg cab and mother ship which are almost 500 watts combined is on a 20 amp house circuit that is solid but you can never be too safe so I installed all the fire protection to that circuit. Looks good and reliable but I think I still want to install an arc proof outlet where it all plugs in.

There's something to be said about quality power strips too. These new fire proof strip from Casa De Depot are only $18 and they have 6 outlets.

IMG_16814.JPG

I also use two high quality steel Belkin strips from Home Depot that were $30 each and are rated for industrial use.

This next power strip is an el cheapo from walmart. I was being a cheap skate spending less than $5 for it but it damn near cost me a whole bunch more....

IMG_16803.JPG

The scorch marks on this strip were caused by another el cheapo product from walmart...a 5 watt air pump. Less than $10 of crappy gear nearly brought the operation to it's knees. Now y'all know why quality and well built gear is a must for me.
As humans we have this thing where we tell ourselves "oh that wont happen to me... I only have this and they have that and that's why they got burned." I used to think the same way until I saw that it could happen to me just as ez as the next guy.

The risk of losing a home and or life is just not worth a few saved dollars
:peacetwo:

Nice heads up on the safety issues bro we all need to attend to this very seriously. I'm trying to get safer and safer as I go along but I'm lucky something bad hasn't happened yet.

Man you got that foot pedal from an industrial supply shop I'm disappointed in you. I thought you were gonna say it was the foot pedal used by Jimi Hendrix at Monterey or something... now that would be Bandit Style lol :thumb:

YouTube - ‪Bunny Wailer - Cool Runnings‬‏

IMG_17473.JPG

Youngstas :yahoo:

IMG_17344.JPG

IMG_17382.JPG

IMG_17292.JPG

IMG_1742.JPG

IMG_17441.JPG

IMG_17461.JPG

All is going very well! I got a bit hot with the Bloombastic last week and I found the limit for sure lol.

I'm also noticing a significant impact from the co2. The plants are fattening up daily and I think the co2 will actually shave up to ten days of bloom time without affecting the yield other than increasing it. :yahoo:

I also think I've found a honey hole on how to get co2 tanks....
I picked up another one from another busted kegerator. It seems to me that college fraternities love kegerators but they abuse the hell out of 'em and break them. Since they use mom & dads credit cards to buy the things they have no real idea of how much the tanks are worth and are willing to part with them for the price of a case of beer once the kegerator is broke.
If you live in or near a college town, more so a college that's on the Princeton Reviews top party schools like I do, you might be able to find a co2 tank from these kids for next to nothing.
Speaking of co2 i made soem changes to how i inject and use the gas...
The timer set up can be frustrating with the gas levels going up and down. Thank goodness I have the monitor to tell me this otherwise I would probably be injecting gas at unknown levels and not seeing any difference it can make.
After tinkering with different times and flow rates I got frustrated and began looking at co2 controllers to use in place of the timer. Controllers are so expensive but there is one company offering a bargain basement no frills controller for about half of what the big companies are selling.
The company is called DigiGrow and all they do is make co2 controllers and regulators. The controller is called the COCO. Ironic since my garden is a coco garden.
DigiGrow sells thru a few outlets including ebay where they have a store front. They auction controllers starting @ $240 but they also have a buy it now with a best offer options. The buy it now price for a controller & regulator combo is $369 (most companies sell a controller only for $400+) but they took my offer of $320 for the combo.
This device is freakin awesome and I highly recommend it over a timed injection! It's also easier on the gas than the timer too so it wastes less.
Another thing I've learned working with the gas is that the notion that it escapes ez unless it's in a sealed enviroment is over rated imo. I think y'all would be surprised at how long this gas lingers in the air even with multiple fans and an exaust operating on a timed sequence.
CO2 is a costly investment no doubt about it but it can be well worth it. Like an led light all the cost is up front then it's about $20 a month to operate for me. Some peeps it would be much less, some peeps much more. I like that it simplifies air control while giving the garden more gas than what would normally be available by using fresh air only. Once the gas is dialed in and injecting properly, the results are astounding!

YouTube - ‪Peter Tosh - Oh Bumbo Klaat‬‏

DocBud talks about this a fair amount, distilled/RO water has no ph at all since ph is basically a measurement of what's in the water. If you test it with a meter the meter attempts to read nothing and gets screwed up. Kinda like dividing by 0.

Nice heads up on the safety issues bro we all need to attend to this very seriously. I'm trying to get safer and safer as I go along but I'm lucky something bad hasn't happened yet.

Man you got that foot pedal from an industrial supply shop I'm disappointed in you. I thought you were gonna say it was the foot pedal used by Jimi Hendrix at Monterey or something... now that would be Bandit Style lol :thumb:

Great point on the meters Blue! I think I could rep every post you make! :Rasta:

I thnk we all just try to get something going at first and then once we're dialed in we start looking at safety. It should be the other way around but it's not. Hopefully somebody will learn from my mistakes.
Before this my only safety precautions were gfci breakers and a stable power source. Now I look at fire, mold, and electricution potentials almost daily

Dude i wish that pedal had some cool significance but no, just a chinese special.
That would be so cool to have something Jimi owned. He was so young and really only in the limelight for about 4 years and then he was gone. That has made his memorabilia very rare and very expensive.
Last year i saw a guitar in a Las Vegas memorabilia shop that was used and signed by Bob Marley. If I had 10k or even enough to haggle with I damn sure would have come home with it. :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom