I Need Some Feedback On My First Grow Room Setup!

the reflector will be sweet for both bulbs.if that cable fits the ballast .then yes you will need it.

your cool shade is doing nothing for you except making outside your tent stink. i take it you have a fan on the other end.,all good. NOT good is the other half of ducting is still in grow room.which will suck the weed smell out of your tent and thats no good buddy. whats the point of having a carbon filter . the other end of the ducting coming off the cool shade must been out your tent sucking in a independant air source other than in the tent . that way your light stays cool and only fresh warm gos out. the carbon filter then can do its work and get rid of smell.happy days. otherwise looking good buddy.have some rep.

Well I ran my wire through the studs I put the gfi receptacle inline first then a light switch after that. My baseboard is on the end of line, it is set to 60F so whenever the temp gets below that it will kick on as long as the light switch is set to "on". Also built my Co2 halo!
20141124_042803.jpg

the reflector will be sweet for both bulbs.if that cable fits the ballast .then yes you will need it.

your cool shade is doing nothing for you except making outside your tent stink. i take it you have a fan on the other end.,all good. NOT good is the other half of ducting is still in grow room.which will suck the weed smell out of your tent and thats no good buddy. whats the point of having a carbon filter . the other end of the ducting coming off the cool shade must been out your tent sucking in a independant air source other than in the tent . that way your light stays cool and only fresh warm gos out. the carbon filter then can do its work and get rid of smell.happy days. otherwise looking good buddy.have some rep.

The air is coming in through the wall, then through the light and being released into the room. Then it is being sucked through the carbon filter and out of the room. Once my plants get bigger I am going to make a exhaust hole for the ducting coming out of the light to go through.

Hello again, sorry I've been gone for a few day's I work double shifts on the weekends. I had a little time to squeeze some work in on the GR. Now before you shit your pants when you see the exposed wire, just know that I was just mocking it up. Tonight I'm going to put the wire on the other side of the wall and run it through the studs. I installed a 40 amp 240v breaker and ran the wire from the box to the grow room. I secured it with plastic staples like you said and drilled a separate hole for it to go through instead of running it through that old air duct hole. I installed a 240v GFI in the middle of run and then a 240v 500w baseboard at the end.
GOPR4602_1416797870857_high.JPG
GOPR4601_1416797918624_high.JPG

I originally bought the Sun System Trifecta kit, and the xxxl reflector.
904520_1.jpg
906500_1.jpg

It runs on either 120v or 240v, and I was planning on using the ballast from it plugged into my new GFI outlet. I'm a little confused as far as how to set it up. I think I need to buy the 240v cord for the ballast that wasn't included (seen here)
CRD240_1.jpg
. But my 240v receptacle doesn't have the same prong setup.:scratchinghead: So do I need one of these
400021.jpg

Also on the ballast itself there are two inputs for either hps or mh. The cord coming out of my Sun system xxxl reflector has the same prongs as the hps input on the ballast. Currently I'm using a mh bulb so I'm assuming I just plug the reflector into the hps input no matter which bulb I'm using right? I hope this makes sense. :thanks:

I'm too stoned to remember what exact receptacle that is. Hopefully this helps:

nemaspecs.gif

Look for a sticker or engraving on the ballast, and check the specifications of the ballast. It may be 120vac or 240vac. Make certain which it is. There are many different variations of that cord. Same female end, many different male ends, I mean. May not be necessary to change your receptacle.

The 6-15P is the Plug, and the 6-15R is the Receptacle. ;)

Be sure to use the two hot legs, no neutral, and do use ground, for 240vac. ;)

Ok, what about this. Remember how my carbon filter setup was before when I was testing that wye connector?
setup0001.jpg

What if I move the wye connector to the right side of the fan, the exhaust side. Then hook the duct from the light back to it. Would the air from the light go out with the air from the filter? Or would the air from the filter try to go out the light causing some weird back draft or something? Im thinking if both the fans were running the same speed the air would combine and travel outside.
:passitleft:

that wont work buddy .your fan is just going to suck the smell out of the room but the carbon filter wont do nothing that way. put the filter on the end of the cool shade .that temp gauge on top of the hood will melt.

Thats a old picture I was just using it for reference. Here's how it is set up now.
GOPR4602_1416797870857_high.JPG

I was wondering if it would work if I got that wye connector back out and put it on the right side of the exhaust fan.
:thanks:

now that coolshade .have you got a fan suking air through.and most important is the other end of the ducting outside the tent.

There is a fan on the outside of the room blowing air in through the light. But the air from the light is just being released into the room. Do you all think the setup below would work. Ill have to make another inlet hole with a damper for the room itself.
Untitled158.jpg

that will work. love the drawings. you see i have never pushed air through a coolshade just sucked fresh air through. just so much easier if you just let the fan and filter do there own thing and have the coolshade not interacting with your filtration. you will find it easier to lower and up your light height with it being independent.and it would be easy to do just put both ends of ducting outside the tent.the one that is already outside the tent just put the other end out now and leave some of the ducting lose so u can raise and lower the light. and turn the fan around so it is blowing air through the coolshade and out of the tent.THAT WAY your fan and filter are running at a 100% and your coolshade is running a 100%

Back
Top Bottom