Icemud's How To Make Feminized Seeds Using Colloidal Silver

Today is day 20 of flowering, from the flip to 12/12 and I definitely am starting to see balls develop! I'm stoked!

I actually stopped spraying the colloidal silver as of yesterday (day 19) which was really the first day it was clear that pollen sacks were forming and no more white hairs/pistils :) I didn't measure out my colloidal silver from the get go so the GDP leaves took a beating so I am hoping that it will remain healthy enough to make viable pollen, but I think I will not be let down :) I"m hopeful :)

As far as feeding I haven't given them anything but a cup of plain r/o water about a week ago when they were looking a little dry. Tonight I am bubbling up an Earthjuice tea, with added enzymes, mycos and bacterias, cal/mag, humic acid, liquid kelp and mammoth p so basically an awesome compost tea..

The earthjuice was added in my all in one ratios of to 5 gallons of r/o water
40ml of Grow
40ml of bloom
40ml of catalyst
40ml of microblast
40ml of meta k

40 ml of liquid bacteria/mycos
5ml of mammoth p
50ml of kelp
and about 20ml of enzymes.
20ml of humic acid
40 ml of cal/mag

The tea will brew for about 2-3 days which should be perfect timing for the plants next feeding.

Other than that I do need to do a little clean up tomorrow or the following day but I may wait until they are freshly watered to clean them up with some undertrimming (lolipopping) as well as dead leaf removal. I just want to make sure that the pollen gets to all the budsites nicely and none is wasted on little tiny buds that won't produce mature seeds.

Well here are todays photos :)
20170528_002847.jpg
20170529_184615.jpg
20170529_184625.jpg
20170529_184630.jpg
20170529_184826.jpg
20170529_184831.jpg
20170529_184836.jpg
20170529_184845.jpg
20170529_184856.jpg

Normal GDP female (non sprayed)
20170529_184752.jpg
20170529_184758.jpg
20170529_184809.jpg

GDP sprayed with colloidal silver

20170529_184652.jpg
20170529_184714.jpg
20170529_184722.jpg
20170529_184729.jpg
20170529_184731.jpg

Hey everyone!!! I'm alive and well... hope you all didn't miss me or worry...LOL j/k

So lately to be honest I've been burned out on frequent updates on my journal. Most of you probably know I work in the cannabis industry as a researcher, for a multiple 10s of million dollar company and so even though I love every minute of it, it can be very draining with some of the research and brainwork I'm relied upon to produce... so its been hard for me to get home and get motivated to get back online with more cannabis stuff.. (I know.... what a hard life... ) lol I do love my life right now :)

So I apologize for the delay and for my 2 week hiatus, you guys can call off the search party.... well unless they are bringing a ton of weed which then I will light a signal fire and please come find me..LOL

Anyhow, a lot of notta has been happening so really there wasn't too much to update until now anyways.....

So today makes day 36 of flowering from the flip on my feminized seed project. My GDP (reversed) has developed a ton of pollen sacs over the last 2 weeks, but I am seeing very very little pollen.

So about a week ago once I saw the pollen sacks starting to open up, I took the whole GDP (reversed) pot and pretty much banged and rubbed the pollen sacks on each female flower top. The pollen wasn't visible while shaking the plant so I wasn't sure if I was getting pollen to spread or not... In the process of banging the plant I broke off the main stem with the largest pollen sacks.

I read somewhere that you could put it into some water and the pollen sacks will continue to mature so I took a shotglass and filled it with distilled water, put the broken top sack cluster into the shotglass (by the stem only). Each day I removed the cluster and banged/rubbed it over each top.

So really I think that I'm going to be disappointed this run, as I highly doubt that the plants got pollinated, as I looked back at my 1st successful seed project and on day 33 the seeds were already very apparently clear, where as this grow I don't see any suggestion of seeds being produced other than the white pistils turned orange the day after I started my pollen chuckin.... Most likely it was a coincidence as I looked back on past (Non seed) grows and noticed that right between day 30 and 39 was when the same strains were turning white to amber anyhow.... but no obvious seeds yet, so really starting to get bummed. I don't even care about the buds as I still have a decent amount from my last harvest, I just wanted the seeds.... so I am really hoping that for some reason they will still develop, but its very unlikely...

This is also part of the reason I haven't updated lately as is kind of embarrassing that 2x in a row on my "how to" make seeds thread I've failed... I know.. poor me... lol "shut up icemud" :) lol

So we will wait and see... however I already have vegging plants that are about 14-16" tall, and already starting to take clones to prep for the next seed attempt, in which I will be trying GDP again to be my reversed Bruce. I really want seeds from GDP and the hybrids it makes....

So sorry I don't have better news to return with, but there still is a slight chance as I still have the small auxillary branches on my Reverse Bruce in the tent, and still daily I am doing the flicking, shaking rubbing of the pollen sacks across the tent... hoping to get just a few beans...

Here are today's photos:

20170615_205707.jpg
20170615_205715.jpg
20170615_205720.jpg
20170615_205729.jpg
20170615_205737.jpg
20170615_205744.jpg
20170615_205751.jpg
20170615_205807.jpg
20170615_205827.jpg
20170615_205835.jpg
20170615_205857.jpg
20170615_205923.jpg
20170615_205927.jpg
20170615_205942.jpg
20170615_205945.jpg
20170615_210000.jpg
20170615_210027.jpg
20170615_210035.jpg
20170615_210130.jpg

everything looks great Brotha
I need to update my shit too :rofl:
I did update my offtopic tho
if you wanna see some octopi and I just posted a zipline vid
again plants are looking Great I got my cs project going too
I'm gonna make seeds from the tundra diesel cross I grew
I kept a couple clones to fem seed and it turned fast and is looking good
I'm hoping to be able to start pollinating in a couple weeks :thumb:

I just happened to wander over here. If that reversed one is in that tent you'll have plenty of seeds. I'm currently creating seeds intentionally on 3 girls and unintentionally throughout my tent. That pollen can be a little misleading and gets around all by itself. Your project will be alright me thinks.

I just happened to wander over here. If that reversed one is in that tent you'll have plenty of seeds. I'm currently creating seeds intentionally on 3 girls and unintentionally throughout my tent. That pollen can be a little misleading and gets around all by itself. Your project will be alright me thinks.

Probably the number one reason the brushes and gadgets went right out the door here lol. :high-five: Now it's just put everyone in one tent and let them have fun. :)

Hey Ice!

Any thoughts or speculation about what ya got, sterile pollen? or just a non producer, dry sacks? I bet you get some viable seeds before long.

I do have a question, I got a far red puck I am planning on using it in flower in 2-3 weeks and will be going your other journal, again.
But first I was wondering, I only have a analog timer, So I plan on having it on the last thirty min of 'lights on' for the day and If I can time it right 15 of those min will be after lights out.

Do ya see any problem with that? Having it on for before the main light goes out then have it go out.

Reason I ask, wondering if I can increase photosynthesis with the emerson effect and trigger sleep after lights out?

just throwing crap at the wall seeing what sticks approach :ciao:

Probably the number one reason the brushes and gadgets went right out the door here lol. :high-five: Now it's just put everyone in one tent and let them have fun. :)

Yeah I'm down to that desperation too. It's like watching the last two pandas in captivity and wishing they'd breed.

I don't know what happened with my reversal plant. One single sack shed some pollen, though very sparsely. It's got male flowers popping up between female calyxes all over, but they're all like neon green and not producing any pollen. You'd figure it would have pollinated itself by now, but I can't see any signs of seeds. It's been flowering now for quite a long time too, like beyond 11 weeks I believe.

I'm probably going to make some topical ointment out of it since can't smoke it, hoping I'll find some seeds during the grinding.

Yeah I'm down to that desperation too. It's like watching the last two pandas in captivity and wishing they'd breed.

I don't know what happened with my reversal plant. One single sack shed some pollen, though very sparsely. It's got male flowers popping up between female calyxes all over, but they're all like neon green and not producing any pollen. You'd figure it would have pollinated itself by now, but I can't see any signs of seeds. It's been flowering now for quite a long time too, like beyond 11 weeks I believe.

I'm probably going to make some topical ointment out of it since can't smoke it, hoping I'll find some seeds during the grinding.

They might be there even if only one male flower pollinated. There is a way to see if female flowers are accepting but it takes practice and if you use any kind of sprays during flower it can muck it up.

They might be there even if only one male flower pollinated. There is a way to see if female flowers are accepting but it takes practice and if you use any kind of sprays during flower it can muck it up.

I am hoping so, just not really sure when to cut it and check. I don't think I have ever known when to tell if a plant is done other than trichomes and I expect it could still make seed beyond that?

Sorry for crashing your thread Icemud I didn't realize which tab I was typing in before lol I was just checking out those pics

I am hoping so, just not really sure when to cut it and check. I don't think I have ever known when to tell if a plant is done other than trichomes and I expect it could still make seed beyond that?

Sorry for crashing your thread Icemud I didn't realize which tab I was typing in before lol I was just checking out those pics

If it's a late seeding it may require pushing it to nanners and beyond but I'll be surprised if there isn't at least a few primary calyx seeds.

Hey All...

Sorry I haven't been updating this journal in a while... after I found out the pollen sacks weren't producing pollen I pretty much got bummed out about this grow so I just kept feeding it and letting it do its thing in hopes that pollen would form but nothing happened. I chopped the plants down the other day and will be checking the buds just incase there is some seeds hidden in there somewhere, but its unlikely as I didn't see any forming.

I just want to keep it moving and try again, so already taking clones of all my plants and over the course of the next few weeks I will be getting all of them rooted and moved into the tent to start the next project.

I am going to be doing a few things differently. I will be using a more mature plant to spray with CS. I also will only be spraying the nodes and not the entire plant. I will be measuring out the PPM's of my colloidal silver as I think it was way to strong and fried my plant last run.

I decided that the racefuel OG will not be making the cut... I've run it 2x now and both times it was not impressive, for an OG Kush it should be terpy, and caked in trichomes and neither grow it was. So only the best get to enter the breeding project. I will be seeking another OG to possibly add to the project or related, even though I still have ogiesel, mendo grape kush and gg4 with kush genes in them. I also will be looking into getting some landrace seeds.

I really would like to hit all of the landrace bases with some Paki, Afghan, thai, malawi and coloumbian. With all that is going on in the commercial cannabis market I really want to start creating a nice "personal seed bank" to preserve good genetics. I also want to figure out a good storage solution in which I can keep them viable long term, which I still have to read about.

So sorry this grow didn't turn out as planned, but I am determined to get the results I did with the 1st seed project I did. I still am unsure about which strain I will be using this run. I may go with GDP again, or may do Trainwreck as I think it would be an excellent choice.

Hey Magic Jim, thanks for the encouragement.. unfortunately though I think I hit her too strong and too early to get pollen to develop. The sacks were there but just no pollen formed. I even got to the point of taking off some of the pods of sacks and pretty much banging them on the female flowers in hopes to rub some off, so I may have a few seeds but still waiting for the buds to dry.

Next run I will get it I have a feeling... just sucks because by now I should already have 3 projects done, and 2 were fails...

Hey Ice!

Any thoughts or speculation about what ya got, sterile pollen? or just a non producer, dry sacks? I bet you get some viable seeds before long.

I do have a question, I got a far red puck I am planning on using it in flower in 2-3 weeks and will be going your other journal, again.
But first I was wondering, I only have a analog timer, So I plan on having it on the last thirty min of 'lights on' for the day and If I can time it right 15 of those min will be after lights out.

Do ya see any problem with that? Having it on for before the main light goes out then have it go out.

Reason I ask, wondering if I can increase photosynthesis with the emerson effect and trigger sleep after lights out?

just throwing crap at the wall seeing what sticks approach :ciao:

As far as overlapping the lights, I don't see a issue at all with that. I slightly did the same with my test run as my timers sometimes drift a few minutes every few months so I overlapped it by about 5 minutes or so. The only thing you might see is a bit more stretch than you are used to but it wouldn't be much to worry about :)

With the emerson effect, most lights already have far red in them, so they already are generally creating the emerson effect. I don't know the specific ratios though or limitations of how much far red can be given before its not useful... so its hard to say and I haven't seen any information on it yet. The sun does have quite a bit of far red and infrared light much more than most grow lights have other than HPS so its quite possible it could help with the emerson effect, but I just don't know if the rate is linear with amount of far red, or if it tapers off at a certain threshold.

I like the idea of making a topical solution. I will have to look into that since I'm sure I could use my magic butter to make it. Great idea!

As far as overlapping the lights, I don't see a issue at all with that. I slightly did the same with my test run as my timers sometimes drift a few minutes every few months so I overlapped it by about 5 minutes or so. The only thing you might see is a bit more stretch than you are used to but it wouldn't be much to worry about :)

With the emerson effect, most lights already have far red in them, so they already are generally creating the emerson effect. I don't know the specific ratios though or limitations of how much far red can be given before its not useful... so its hard to say and I haven't seen any information on it yet. The sun does have quite a bit of far red and infrared light much more than most grow lights have other than HPS so its quite possible it could help with the emerson effect, but I just don't know if the rate is linear with amount of far red, or if it tapers off at a certain threshold.

Brilliant answer, makes total sense. Thank you so much.

Well quick update...

Sorry I haven't had any exciting new posts in a while...

I'm working on cloning all my plant cultivars (strains), and prepping for the next seed project attempt.

I almost lost my GDP so I am actually revegging the plant that was flowering in the last seed project.

I have all of my cultivars about 16" tall now with 2 toppings each and in 5 gallon pots. I have a few cuttings waiting for roots, 5 of them already in soil and 2 plants I still need to take cuttings. Once all strains are rooted and in soil, then the fun begins, so I am about 2-3 weeks out from my next seed project.

I won't be doing the traditional journal for this grow as I'm extremely busy with my work and just can't find the motivation after doing cannabis research all day to hop back online and spend more time on a computer, so I will update less frequently than in the past journals but still will be updating. I will not be starting a new journal for this since its still going to be a breeding project.

The candidates to be reversed are Ogiesel, Trainwreck, GDP and Gorilla Glue but also may do tangie or Harlequin so I can start limiting my plant counts and those are my least sought after cultivars.

Other than that, all is well with me, just super busy with work and very little time or motivation to do more after work but I do want to still share what I have going on....

That is great news! Thanks for taking the time to update I know how it gets.:thumb:

Thanks Keltic :)

It's such a blessing to work in the industry I love (in a lot of ways) but I definitely find it much harder now to have the motivation to "enjoy" my hobby grows. I think over time I will gain the momentum again, but was pretty bummed by my last 2 failed attempts at seeds... not giving up thought, as I won't stop until I have preserved all of the genetics I have, or at least the top 5 cultivars :)

I definitely think that I will nail it this time, I'm not rushing the process and going to wait until all plants are mature, healthy and ready :) +

I have to say today was a great day for all of us in the marijuana industry. The Rohrbacker-Farr Amendment was extended another year today by the senate! Huge news and a even bigger F-U to AG Sessions!

For those that aren't involved or unaware of whats been going on, AG Jeff Sessions has blurted out many times since becoming the Attorney General his distaste for the Marijuana Industry and how he want to bring back the failed Drug war, maximum penalties and pursue legit and state approve marijuana businesses. Time and time again he has made comments and even put in a request to have this very amendment blocked which prohibits the DOJ or any federal money being used to go after any state legal marijuana businesses. So the RohrBacker-Farr Amendment is part of the spending bill each year that must be renewed. It was temporarily renewed until September when Trump took office, and now extended the full year well into 2018. This is huge and a huge FU to AG Jeff Sessions who wants to bring us back to the failed drug war, especially attacking MJ businesses. I am very very glad this bipartisan amendment was extended today which is great news for our whole industry!

By the way, I can't stand AG sessions, but I do support the administration and I am behind them so this is NOT an anti Trump administration post as I do support the majority of what has been going on, and what they have accomplished thus far, even with the witch hunt and full fledged obstruction by "one of the parties". AG Sessions though is horrible for our country and lost touch with any bit of fact and reality long ago...

Huge win today for MJ!

By the way, sorry I haven't put up update photos yet....

Work has been extremely busy lately so just haven't had time yet... but things are going well, still waiting on clones to root, and then the seed project will get started. Probably about 2 to 3 weeks out from getting it going :) can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom