Icemud's How To Make Feminized Seeds Using Colloidal Silver

I started spraying my 501st OG reversal candidate yesterday too...into the flower tray today and a dose of CS each morning for the next couple weeks.

p.s. Sessions is delusional

I started spraying my 501st OG reversal candidate yesterday too...into the flower tray today and a dose of CS each morning for the next couple weeks.

p.s. Sessions is delusional

Sweet!

I'm deciding between using my trainwreck or GG to reverse this run... hoping for success!

Hey all, I'm sorry about the delay in updates... so here is a quick video I made showing my go to technique for rolling the perfect joint with ease.

Hey all,

So I'm officially started with my next seed project.

I decided to use trainwreck as my plant that will be sprayed with colloidal silver and I am only spraying the nodes 1x per day, instead of spraying the whole plant like the last 2 rounds.

I also am starting the Colloidal silver spraying in my 3rd tent, with only the trainwreck in there. I wanted to give the male pollen sacks about a 2 week lead time before moving it into the tent with the females and flipping them to flowering. So at this time, only the trainwreck is on a flowering cycle for 2 days so far (day 2 since flip) and in 2 weeks Around Aug 21st, I will be moving the trainwreck over and hitting 12/12.

So this round for the females I have: Gorilla Glue 4, Ogiesel, Trainwreck, black cherry soda, mendo grape kush, tangie 5, harlequin.

I wanted to include my GDP but I killed the clones on accident, so before last grow was finished I cut the buds off and threw the GDP into reveg and its slowly reverting, but wasn't ready for this next run, so either way when I use GDP to reverse, I still will have the opportunity to cross it with Trainwreck. :)

Well just a quick update :) Hope all is well

Good day!

I never grew cannabis before and I have 5 lowryders And 5 northern lights, both seeds are autoflowering feminized and I got them 5 months ago.

Here in South america is pretty hard and risky to get seeds, And because of that, the plan is to produce feminized seeds.

The ideia is to use only things I have in my garage (If needed i can improve with something).

2. 9w led lâmp with 810 lumens each (6400k).

And

2. 9w led lâmp with 810 lumens each
(3000k).

1. 47,0cm x 39,8cm x 72,5cm.

1. 120mm fan cooler will be added tomorrow.

10L. 50%coco + 20% vermiculite + 30% perlite.

50ml. GH Flora Grow.
50ml. GH Flora Bloom.
50ml. GH Flora Micro.

500ml. Auroscience Colloidal silver (its a well known Brand in Brazil, they use an 15000v arch to make 40ppm pure CS)

Is It possible to make it work with this humble setup? If no, wich improvements should be done?

Good day!

I never grew cannabis before and I have 5 lowryders And 5 northern lights, both seeds are autoflowering feminized and I got them 5 months ago.

Here in South america is pretty hard and risky to get seeds, And because of that, the plan is to produce feminized seeds.

The ideia is to use only things I have in my garage (If needed i can improve with something).

2. 9w led lâmp with 810 lumens each (6400k).

And

2. 9w led lâmp with 810 lumens each
(3000k).

1. 47,0cm x 39,8cm x 72,5cm.

1. 120mm fan cooler will be added tomorrow.

10L. 50%coco + 20% vermiculite + 30% perlite.

50ml. GH Flora Grow.
50ml. GH Flora Bloom.
50ml. GH Flora Micro.

500ml. Auroscience Colloidal silver (its a well known Brand in Brazil, they use an 15000v arch to make 40ppm pure CS)

Is It possible to make it work with this humble setup? If no, wich improvements should be done?

Hey Got 2 Grow!

I see you are fairly new to the forums, welcome to 420 Mag!

Well first I want to say that I thank you for stopping by my journal about feminized seeds, and I am actually just getting started with my next seed project. I am still working on the perfect ways to make seeds so I caution you that although my method worked 1x, it failed 2x and so I am still trying to perfect it so just take what I say with that in mind in relation to making seeds.

Now I don't have any experience or knowledge of autoflowers so I really can't help much with what you are asking about making seeds with Autoflowering plants, but I would recommend visiting this thread:

Creating Female Seeds Using Colloidal Silver - With Doc Buds High Brix Blend Kit

As this is a long and very informative thread of many different members here all working on breeding projects. There may be someone there who has experience with autos that can help you more than I can...

Now in regards to your setup. I think everything sounds good that you have but you may need more light as what you have (the 4 bulbs) may be good for 1 plant, but for making seeds you will really need probably at least 4 more bulbs.. (4 for each plant). Now I could be wrong as I generally use different style lighting, but if possible, start with what you have, and if your plants get very stretch or aren't flowering very well, then you may need to add more light. I would say if you can get somewhere around 100w of lights, that would really ensure that you get a good 2-4 plants going.

In terms of using CS with autos.. I don't have anything to recommend since I don't know anything about autos.. so hopefully someone either in the journal here can help you, or on the other thread above.

Hey all!

Well I'm still spraying my Trainwreck 1x per day with CS (approx 50ppm) and spraying only the nodes this time, instead of the whole plant. I also am only spraying the 2 main tops, while leaving the others alone in hopes to get male pollen sacks on the 2 branches I am spraying, and seeds on the other tops from self pollination. We will see what happens :)

So I flipped the trainwreck to 12/12 on the 6th, and that brings us to day 4 of flowering. I Imagine within the next 4-5 days I should see the first preflowers pop.

I plan on running the trainwreck by itself in my 3rd tent for about 2-3 weeks, right until the pollen sacks are getting close to opening which will be in about 2 weeks or so. At the 2 week mark I will move it into the tent with the 7 other ladies and flip them to flowering which they will be on day 1. Since it seemed to be around day 30 or so if I can remember that pollen was dropping, that means that I can pollenate the girls when they are young and make sure to have a really hardy seed harvest, with most being fully mature when I yank the plants.

In the past I started both the same time, and got about 60% or so tiger striped mature seeds, and the rest were either young, premeture or somewhere in the middle. I still got a lot of seeds that run, but starting them this way I can probably bump that percentage up to around 80% mature if things go as planned :) that will be awesome :)

Well I have a surprise too.... so the dispensary that I got the GDP clones at is still in business, and they had a long period of time they stopped carrying clones... and just recently I killed my GDP clones on accident and so I had to reveg the late flowering plant. Although it was revegging, I never got the chance to breed with it yet, and wasn't sure what a reveg would do to the DNA or potential future offspring (epigenetics possible?) so I have been following the dispensaries menu for quite some time now. Just recently they started to carry clones again and I've been like an eagle watching them for GDP... well they finally got some clones of GDP the other day and I was so excited I rushed there directly from work to pick them up.. I inspected them under their magnifying glass and they were beautiful, no pests, or any mildews or mold I could see so good news. I browsed the menu and low and behold they had Private Reserve OG. Not the seed version but the clone only version which when you look at the phylos galaxy, its way out at the furthest section of the OG kushes. Then when looking at the relationships it seems to be related to all of the claimed original OG's, which is awesome!!!! Not only that but its been bred to the point of having very little variation, which means if I self it, the likelihood of the progeny (offspring) is very good that they will mostly be very uniform in chemotype and phenotype. I'm excited because it will not only be great for keeping a dank og kush in seed form, but also since its close to homogenous, it will be great for breeding with another very stabile genetic and hopefully I could witness true hybrid vigor which would be awesomel.. I do have my eyes on some columbian landrace for this purpose :)

Among my journey to get clones I also picked up a skywalker og which is the opposite of Private Reserve. It seems to come from the same family lines as dogwalker og and sour diesel and has a high potential for variety in the progeny. This one should also make for an excellent strain to cross with another strain like GDP which a high potential for variety to see if I can get some unique phenotypes.

So overall super excited!

I know my goal has been to reduce the amount of plants I have... but I couldn't pass up having 2 powerhouse OG's on deck, as well as getting my GDP that I love so much :)

Anyhow, not much else to update right now. I will get some photos when things get more exciting. :) hope all are well!

Hey Got 2 Grow!

I see you are fairly new to the forums, welcome to 420 Mag!

Well first I want to say that I thank you for stopping by my journal about feminized seeds, and I am actually just getting started with my next seed project. I am still working on the perfect ways to make seeds so I caution you that although my method worked 1x, it failed 2x and so I am still trying to perfect it so just take what I say with that in mind in relation to making seeds.

Now I don't have any experience or knowledge of autoflowers so I really can't help much with what you are asking about making seeds with Autoflowering plants, but I would recommend visiting this thread:

Creating Female Seeds Using Colloidal Silver - With Doc Buds High Brix Blend Kit

As this is a long and very informative thread of many different members here all working on breeding projects. There may be someone there who has experience with autos that can help you more than I can...

Now in regards to your setup. I think everything sounds good that you have but you may need more light as what you have (the 4 bulbs) may be good for 1 plant, but for making seeds you will really need probably at least 4 more bulbs.. (4 for each plant). Now I could be wrong as I generally use different style lighting, but if possible, start with what you have, and if your plants get very stretch or aren't flowering very well, then you may need to add more light. I would say if you can get somewhere around 100w of lights, that would really ensure that you get a good 2-4 plants going.

In terms of using CS with autos.. I don't have anything to recommend since I don't know anything about autos.. so hopefully someone either in the journal here can help you, or on the other thread above.
Hey Icemud, thank you for helping and welcoming me!

I AM actually in the thread u told me, And already finished the thread reading, but since i got no answers there, I looked to another place to ask, And your thread seemed Very good And informative also!

It looks Like i have place for only 1 or 2 plants, im going to trade the 4 led lamps I have for 8 cfl with more wattage, And aim for at least doubling the lumens I produce.

I AM going to build an Smaller box Just to Grow 1 lowryder And make sure I have something to Smoke by Christmas And New year.

I AM also trying to germinate 9 seeds from pressed weed (the bad, And most Common form If weed here) to Grow them Under 12/12 from seed.

I wish you suceed with your experiments!

You Will see me around here a Lot Sharing my ideas And getting more knowledge in growing And sexual reversal.

Already finished Reading your thread! Now im going to read a Very old And inactive thread about colloidal silver i found here!

Hey Icemud, thank you for helping and welcoming me!

I AM actually in the thread u told me, And already finished the thread reading, but since i got no answers there, I looked to another place to ask, And your thread seemed Very good And informative also!

It looks Like i have place for only 1 or 2 plants, im going to trade the 4 led lamps I have for 8 cfl with more wattage, And aim for at least doubling the lumens I produce.

I AM going to build an Smaller box Just to Grow 1 lowryder And make sure I have something to Smoke by Christmas And New year.

I AM also trying to germinate 9 seeds from pressed weed (the bad, And most Common form If weed here) to Grow them Under 12/12 from seed.

I wish you suceed with your experiments!

You Will see me around here a Lot Sharing my ideas And getting more knowledge in growing And sexual reversal.

Already finished Reading your thread! Now im going to read a Very old And inactive thread about colloidal silver i found here!

I would keep the LED's you have.... they put out way more light for the wattage than CFL... but you still will probably need more than 4 bulbs for 2 plants...

Even though not technically correct, a good guideline for most lights is about 50w per square foot for optimal lighting. Now I personally hate saying things like this as its just a reference statement and nowhere near a scientific term by any means, it somewhat a good reference.

Keep the LED bulbs though as the LED bulb at 8 watts will put out about the same lumens as a 26w CFL or a 60w Incandencent bulb. So keep the LEDS.

Also the box you are building, if you can get some flat white paint, or some mylar "emergency blankets" and put them up on the walls this will help with reflecting the light onto your plants.

Sounds like a fun project you have going on!

I would keep the LED's you have.... they put out way more light for the wattage than CFL... but you still will probably need more than 4 bulbs for 2 plants...

Even though not technically correct, a good guideline for most lights is about 50w per square foot for optimal lighting. Now I personally hate saying things like this as its just a reference statement and nowhere near a scientific term by any means, it somewhat a good reference.

Keep the LED bulbs though as the LED bulb at 8 watts will put out about the same lumens as a 26w CFL or a 60w Incandencent bulb. So keep the LEDS.

Also the box you are building, if you can get some flat white paint, or some mylar "emergency blankets" and put them up on the walls this will help with reflecting the light onto your plants.

Sounds like a fun project you have going on!
I Will Keep the led, And add 5 more, 4(3000k), 1(6400k) 9v, now, And a fan for outtake.

Yes, its Just for Fun, but i want to produce my own seeds, And my own weed and not to Keep buying bad stuff for High prices or taking risks at buying seed online in my country.

If I produce enough weed to get 10g per month is ok to me!

Let me show you what my Grow looks Like (i covered the walls with Bright white contact)
420-magazine-mobile797394525.jpg

I Will Keep the led, And add 5 more, 4(3000k), 1(6400k) 9v, now, And a fan for outtake.

Yes, its Just for Fun, but i want to produce my own seeds, And my own weed and not to Keep buying bad stuff for High prices or taking risks at buying seed online in my country.

If I produce enough weed to get 10g per month is ok to me!

Let me show you what my Grow looks Like (i covered the walls with Bright white contact)
420-magazine-mobile797394525.jpg

Very nice setup! You should think about starting a grow journal here at 420 magazine! :)

Its a great way to not only document your grow for future reference, but also it allows tons of growers to chime in and help along the way, cheer ya on and helps make friends quickly here too :)

I think that setup should be good for getting a good 10g or so... You could always add more light if needed later, but that should be good for 2 plants at least fore vegging and getting things started. :)

The Rare Dankness 501st OG I'm using to make fem seeds this run is a progeny of Skywalker OG too. It's a sticky varietal with outstanding aroma and sturdy as an oak...a real fan favorite after my initial test run so excited about having some seeds to play with.

Very nice setup! You should think about starting a grow journal here at 420 magazine! :)

Its a great way to not only document your grow for future reference, but also it allows tons of growers to chime in and help along the way, cheer ya on and helps make friends quickly here too :)

I think that setup should be good for getting a good 10g or so... You could always add more light if needed later, but that should be good for 2 plants at least fore vegging and getting things started. :)
Hey Icemud, i added 4 other lamps, same wattage 2 for 3000k And 2 for 6400k also a fan cooler!

Thanks for helping, I Will open a journal, as soon as i get my seeds into pots!

The Rare Dankness 501st OG I'm using to make fem seeds this run is a progeny of Skywalker OG too. It's a sticky varietal with outstanding aroma and sturdy as an oak...a real fan favorite after my initial test run so excited about having some seeds to play with.

I actually ran Skywalker OG 1x before, and had a clone in a solo cup and was waiting for room to move it to a pot.. well I missed a watering and next day it was dry and brown... was so bummed. I'm so happy to have it again as I love OG's that have that traditional long stretch look, and nice dense pinecone nugs!

I'm really excited about having some OG's in my garden again (other than my Ogiesel). I forget that here in Socal, everyone is all about OG's and had a buddy remind me of that the other day when he told me people just weren't feeling the black and Tange strain that I made, and they only wanted either cookies or ogs'... which is typical for the area... so it kicked my ass into gear and made me like...damn. I don't have any OG's to breed... need to get some.. LOL anyhow... now I have some :) I'm really excited too because with the flavorful sativa doms I have like tangie, mendo grape kush and black cherry soda, I bet it will make for some interesting crosses.

I really need to get a bigger place, more tents or something... I'm so behind on breeding and have so many strains to make seeds of still....LOL

This current one will be trainwreck...

Next will be GDP

Then will be Gorilla glue...

then most likely the skywalker or private reserve :)

and then the rest.. plus I want to do another round of black cherry soda since so far the progeny have all been very good in terms of yield, growth, terps and trichomes :)

I'm going to email you over the weekend too... don't let me forget ;)

Hey Icemud, i added 4 other lamps, same wattage 2 for 3000k And 2 for 6400k also a fan cooler!

Thanks for helping, I Will open a journal, as soon as i get my seeds into pots!

For sure!

I'm excited for you!!!

Growing is so fun!

Hey everyone!!!

Update time!!!!

Well sorry I've been away for a while. The mix between putting in a lot of hours at work lately has been mentally draining the past month or so. I love my job as I work in the industry but sometimes the magnitude of my daily work is heavy on the old thinker and by the end of each day I sometimes feel like just putting up my feet and vegging out.. LOL.

Also since all my plants are in veg, there really isn't much exciting to show off as of now besides 2 over crammed tents of plants awaiting a seed project to start.. but anyhow.. I"m back! haha :)

So today actually makes for day 14 of flowering for my Trainwreck that is in a 3rd grow tent by itself, getting sprayed with 50ppm colloidal silver every day 1x. I am only spraying 3 of about 5 branches total. 2 of the branches I have been spraying every single day, and one branch I only sprayed 3x total with CS right after the flowers started to show.

The trainwreck is much slower to flower than the other strains I have so its just starting to show a mix of female pisils and what looks to be starting to show a change from the unsprayed flowers which is a good sign :)

I have not yet started flowering on my other plants that will be getting pollinated as I wanted to try something different this time, and instead of starting them all at the same time, I wanted to get the plant I am reversing (trainwreck) a head start so that I get more mature seeds at the end of the project and hopefully a bigger yield of both seeds and possibly pollen too which I would love to collect.

So I give it about 1 more week, and we will be moving the trainwreck over to the tent with the vegging girls and we will start flowering them all together.

The strains that I will be hitting with trainwreck pollen are:

trainwreck
ogiesel
black cherry soda
harlequin
mendo grape kush
tangie
gg#4

I wish I could have included some of my other genetics in as well which is why I hope to collect pollen and be able to follow up right away with other strains and getting trainwreck pollen, or saving it to a later time.

Well here are the photos of my veg tent with all my genetics. I ended up picking up 2 new strains, Skywalker OG and Private Reserve OG which are both highly sought after and very dank. Plus their genetic profiles are very unique and great for breeding.

20170820_213120.jpg
20170820_213125.jpg
20170820_213129.jpg
20170820_213144.jpg

Here are the photos of the plants awaiting to be pollenated, and the trainwreck by itself.
20170820_213206.jpg
20170820_213219.jpg
20170820_213229.jpg
20170820_213227_Burst01.jpg
20170806_155402.jpg

Trainwreck was one of my favorite strains. I think it has a lot of skunk influence in it so probably why the longer flowering time.

Had some black cherry soda before as well. That stuff was some of the purple-est weed I've ever had.

I love the black cherry soda... such an amazing flavor, and high. Also the trainwreck is really good too, very hard to describe the smell but I guess the closest I could come to describing it would be like lime gatorade powder smell. haha :)

I think the TW will make some excellent crosses, and I really am hoping it will help put a piney minty lemon into the kushes. I crave a piney strain :)

I love the black cherry soda... such an amazing flavor, and high. Also the trainwreck is really good too, very hard to describe the smell but I guess the closest I could come to describing it would be like lime gatorade powder smell. haha :)

I think the TW will make some excellent crosses, and I really am hoping it will help put a piney minty lemon into the kushes. I crave a piney strain :)

Have you tried Dutch Treat?

Back
Top Bottom