Icetech's First Grow Durban Poison & Jack Herer In Soil, QB LED, 2019

Well my fat fingers got me again Ice. I’m going to be jigging/fishing for walleye in the Detroit River Sunday. Ha, me jogging, maybe for the ice cream truck:rofl:looking good in there. I’m looking forward to watching them flower.:passitleft:

hahah that's funny.. i thought you were going jogging.. was like.. good for you! When we used to goto belle isle as a kid there were always people fishing in the river right off the side of the road..

So.. i think i figured why my herer is so short and a bush.. Phosphorous, It's WAY darker than the other one.. which could be genetics, but it has been getting some leaves going dark brown from the middle out.. and that mixed with the short growth points to P.. i have been using ph 6.5 i might drop that a bit also..

So.. i think i figured why my herer is so short and a bush.. Phosphorous, It's WAY darker than the other one.. which could be genetics, but it has been getting some leaves going dark brown from the middle out.. and that mixed with the short growth points to P.. i have been using ph 6.5 i might drop that a bit also..
I'm curious whether or not that is the case actually. Mine is the exact opposite, it's so much lighter green than my AK, but still, she is tiny.

I'm curious whether or not that is the case actually. Mine is the exact opposite, it's so much lighter green than my AK, but still, she is tiny.

Yeah.. should take a couple of days to see... it's like half the size of the durban, and MUCH darker, i had just blown it off as genetics but it doesn't look like other herers and at first (months ago) i thought it was just nute burn early on.. but i have found the discoloration on bigger leafs that are much newer, that with the dark color and short growth all point to PH or P, i am lowering my ph to 6.0ish and adding some tiger bloom for the P to see what happens, i am planning on switching to flower this weekend anyway...

I am sucking at growing. i am at almost 80 days and the durban is OK at best..just 80 days seems very long for how little i have gotten..

Dunno if you can zoom in, but thats the herer on the left, the circled part shows one of the dark leafs, the dark area starts in the center of the leaf and works outward and it's on random leafs not anything uniform.. and you can see how little stretch it has compared to the durban.

I have a seriously bad green thumb.. i need a girl that liked to grow shit :) I was going to try switching to coir after this, but if i can't get soil right i would really kill anything in coir.

This is after i defoliated the herer a bit.. it literally had leafs every 1/2" up every branch..

This is the durban after some cleanup underneith.. the soil settled a lot, didn't want to add more cause my tent is sitting on brand new carpet and i know i would end up making a mess :) moving them to the basement soon as it warms up a little out.

Are you supplementing K in some other way? Our plants will use N & K at basically the same rate, and the K number on the fertilizer needs to be multiplied by .85 to get the true amount of K available. I'm getting ready to try Mega Crop from Greenleaf Nutrients. It should be about as simple as it gets. My former method using Dyna Gro was pretty easy but I'm trying to make it even simpler.

Are you supplementing K in some other way? Our plants will use N & K at basically the same rate, and the K number on the fertilizer needs to be multiplied by .85 to get the true amount of K available. I'm getting ready to try Mega Crop from Greenleaf Nutrients. It should be about as simple as it gets. My former method using Dyna Gro was pretty easy but I'm trying to make it even simpler.

All i have been using is FF grow big and calmag.. after watching this vid i decided to switch.. looks about as simple as it can get, and WAY cheaper than the FF stuff.. and the guys results seem damn good..
JACKS 321

ok.. so took some pics this morning...

Both.. the durban is sooo pretty :)

So.. my herer has something going on.. These spots are only on a few leafs.. but would like to figure it out.. it always seems to start in the middle of the leaf, i was thinking P defic due to it's much darker color and slow growth..

I'd say it looks more like Calcium. Our plants use very little Phosphorus (it's like 6th in the oder of importance) and you're using Fox Farms nutes that are heavy in Phosphorus. I think it's highly unlikely it's low P. What's the pH and how much Cal-Mag are you feeding?

I'd say it looks more like Calcium. Our plants use very little Phosphorus (it's like 6th in the oder of importance) and you're using Fox Farms nutes that are heavy in Phosphorus. I think it's highly unlikely it's low P. What's the pH and how much Cal-Mag are you feeding?

6.5ph everytimg which may be a little high.. i was using cal-mal every feeding.. so basically daily. The durban has never had a single issue and is just beautiful.. that herer though.. i hate it :)

6.5ph everytimg which may be a little high.. i was using cal-mal every feeding.. so basically daily. The durban has never had a single issue and is just beautiful.. that herer though.. i hate it :)

6.5 is a great number for soil and soil-less mixes like Pro-Mix. You using 5ml or more per gallon of Cal Mag? Different plants, different strains, they can all have different preferences. In my experience, maybe 90% of them will thrive on the same diet. Then you get that one pain in the ass that wants something totally different. I've done some Purple Kush that doesn't like what every other strain has loved. Maybe you're Herer is like that.

6.5 is a great number for soil and soil-less mixes like Pro-Mix. You using 5ml or more per gallon of Cal Mag? Different plants, different strains, they can all have different preferences. In my experience, maybe 90% of them will thrive on the same diet. Then you get that one pain in the ass that wants something totally different. I've done some Purple Kush that doesn't like what every other strain has loved. Maybe you're Herer is like that.

Yeah.. i took 4 cuttings for clones from the durban.. never trying to grow herer again... i'm switching to flowering probably sunday and that herer is just a sad little girl..

Yeah.. i took 4 cuttings for clones from the durban.. never trying to grow herer again... i'm switching to flowering probably sunday and that herer is just a sad little girl..

The first time I tried to grow the Purple Kush it was pathetic. The second attempt got me plant of the month, although she was always teetering right on the edge of going off the rails. It's not on my list to do again. An incredibly demanding, finicky plant.

The first time I tried to grow the Purple Kush it was pathetic. The second attempt got me plant of the month, although she was always teetering right on the edge of going off the rails. It's not on my list to do again. An incredibly demanding, finicky plant.

Yeah, these are at like 78 days of veg.. which seems long to me.. been hoping that herer would catch up, but at the rate that durban is growing i can't hold of flowering any longer.

Yeah, these are at like 78 days of veg.. which seems long to me.. been hoping that herer would catch up, but at the rate that durban is growing i can't hold of flowering any longer.

That Purple Kush was an Auto, and one hiccup you're screwed with no way to rebound.

Yeah.. have heard that bout autos.. I think i'm gonna do the clones in coco with jacks 321...

I grow mostly autos. If you get them down you can get good yields and crop out quick. Good genetics are a must with them too or you end up with a bunch of runts. Of course you've got the cost of seeds all the time too since cloning them isn't ideal. To me that's not a big deal since I can get more crops through the tent in a year. It kinda makes up for it.

I did Coco once. It has its fans and people get excellent results with it. It requires more feeding than the Pro-Mix I'm used to. I don't really like having to water every day, or even twice daily. I've got other things to do. So I went back to my Pro-Mix. I think everyone eventually settles in to a particular regime of what they are most comfortable with and I'm no different.

I grow mostly autos. If you get them down you can get good yields and crop out quick. Good genetics are a must with them too or you end up with a bunch of runts. Of course you've got the cost of seeds all the time too since cloning them isn't ideal. To me that's not a big deal since I can get more crops through the tent in a year. It kinda makes up for it.

I did Coco once. It has its fans and people get excellent results with it. It requires more feeding than the Pro-Mix I'm used to. I don't really like having to water every day, or even twice daily. I've got other things to do. So I went back to my Pro-Mix. I think everyone eventually settles in to a particular regime of what they are most comfortable with and I'm no different.

Yeah, i'm watching twice a day right now, which isn't bad since it's only 2 plants takes 5 minutes.. Not that worried about kicking out a ton of crops, i only do this for myself and not to sell or anything, just prefer to do decently at it :)

Back
Top Bottom