I'm trying out CMH

End of week...still waiting to swap out the 4200k, swap in the 3100k...plan to next week.
E3288850-8946-458E-87AD-35C4BE2A5AA6.jpeg

Going to pull the ladies from the tent, do a bit of tying and rearrange the plants some.
They are getting close to the lamp.
Here is a pic from 7 days ago
20191229_100810 (2).jpg

Then 4 days ago
20200101_121754 (2).jpg

And this morning.
20200105_083918.jpg

Plants are about 6 inches from the lamps, but the new fan is working great and the column of cool air rising up from the bottom keep the plants comfortable.
Either going to increase the run times for the irrigation cycles or add a 4th start time and see how it goes.

Oh this is a two 315W bare bulb vertical grow.

Yesterday I was working in the crate about 2.5 hours into the lights on cycle...click...the light turned off. Panic. Power good. Power strip good...fans still running. Bypassed timer...light still dark...hooked timer back up. Swapped in 4200k bulb and it started. Checked 3100k bulb again (running 3100k in flower)...light started. I have no explanation for this. I usually check lights on in the morning and check in before lights off, so havent had any concerns until now the light (Sun System) or integral ballast (Phillips) might somehow cycle off intermittently...can only keep an eye out. Performance wise the CMH 315w was the right choice for my 3x3 crate. Pic from this morning.
ADEFD1B9-E522-48C4-AFE7-E8969ED44716.jpeg

Interesting, I've the same light for about 10 months now and I've never seen this issue. I do check in quite often when lights on, the only problem I've had was when I accidentally hit the off switch on the side then realized that I had to wait a few minutes before turning it back on. No big deal, but you're saying it shut off by itself... very interesting.

Anyway I've enjoyed this thread, please keep us informed and thanks to all for the info.

Day 90, end of week 13, end of week 7 true flower...tomorrow. Lights off today...will go 24 in darkness before I chop and hang them up whole...will remove dead/dry leaves only. Im anxious to apply learning from my first grow to the next. I will provide dry yield and early smoke report later.

B7697ED4-C090-4F88-BC24-043811954FB4.jpeg
E8514D42-44B5-4471-BF49-671D19B354B6.jpeg
AB204F19-BE26-4BC9-8B9C-2E79685B18E2.jpeg
1D771FD7-015F-4303-9524-87C6DF3744A7.jpeg
DC261C7D-AB7F-4572-99F2-6B605430C55A.jpeg

Update...Im so worried about chopping too early my first grow. I have 2 phenos and the two purple are about 10% amber with much cloudy...those two are ready based on what Im reading. The greener tall buds are behind with few amber and lots of clear. I spent more time with the 30x loupe this morning and decided...lights back on...will monitor daily as I go into week 8 true flower. Nirvana says 7-9 weels flower for GSC, indica leaning hybrid. I need to chop all four because I need to dry in my grow cabinet. Need to balance ripeness across both phenos. Ive had worse problems but don't want to ruin my harvest by chopping before they are ready.

Yesterday I was working in the crate about 2.5 hours into the lights on cycle...click...the light turned off. Panic. Power good. Power strip good...fans still running. Bypassed timer...light still dark...hooked timer back up. Swapped in 4200k bulb and it started. Checked 3100k bulb again (running 3100k in flower)...light started. I have no explanation for this. I usually check lights on in the morning and check in before lights off, so havent had any concerns until now the light (Sun System) or integral ballast (Phillips) might somehow cycle off intermittently...can only keep an eye out. Performance wise the CMH 315w was the right choice for my 3x3 crate. Pic from this morning.

Sooo I was sliding my light over today and click my light went off, twas a small click and I believe that it was just the bulb shutting off and not a switch issue. Checked for power and that was good, the cord looked fine no problems I could see there? I shut the switch off and waited 10+ minutes turned it back on and all seems fine now. Oh yea my light is on a slider and I've slid it over many times before without issue.

One thing I can say that happened a couple weeks ago when I was setting up is. I noticed that the power cord doesn't seat all the way into the socket. In my clumsy effort to push it in all the way in I forced it hard enough to hear a click as if I broke off a small piece of plastic. I assume it was a piece broken off the retaining bracket inside the housing. I did not see anything fall off but my cord still seems to be as secure as it was before.

Figured I should throw this in here for the record.

I really am not sure which fixture to buy. I like the vivosun 315 but it just seems like it's too cheap in comparison to the premium companies like Growers Choice.

I can't find much information about which is considered 'best'

You should consider the Nanolux 315W NA. The ballast can be removed and placed outside of the tent to reduce heat.

Back
Top Bottom