I'm trying out CMH

They look very healthy. When performing a scrog you veg the plants into the netting. then once the netting is filled out at least 50% you can flip to flower. Now there is no set rule but you are going to just be growing straight up through your netting and loosing the benefit of leveling out your canopy. Once the plants are in flower you can't bend them down as easily without causing damage. It's never good to stress a flowering plant. That's what veg is for.
I would either veg longer if you have only switched today or lower the scrog down and spread out the branches a little so the scrog sits into the plant a little. That way you can still train the stretch to spread out more than they would if you don't perform one of the two actions.
Very healthy and well shaped. Cheers!

They look very healthy. When performing a scrog you veg the plants into the netting. then once the netting is filled out at least 50% you can flip to flower. Now there is no set rule but you are going to just be growing straight up through your netting and loosing the benefit of leveling out your canopy. Once the plants are in flower you can't bend them down as easily without causing damage. It's never good to stress a flowering plant. That's what veg is for.
I would either veg longer if you have only switched today or lower the scrog down and spread out the branches a little so the scrog sits into the plant a little. That way you can still train the stretch to spread out more than they would if you don't perform one of the two actions.
I’m with you, but at the rate they are growing I’m worried they will blow up the area more than the headroom. I’m learning a lot every day and appreciate the depth of knowledge on this site if you look around. I’m going to move the scrog off the brackets...a bit too high, will lower the shelf bracket rails before the next grow...zip ties for now. Water tomorrow with Biocanna Flores 6.5 PH.

CMH 315w...I have the 4200k bulb and flipped to 12/12 this week. Can I finish the grow with this bulb or should I buy the 3100k and swap out of my cabinet?

it'll work but you'll get way more production with the 3100K
4200K is a veg light. too blue for flower.

So I’ve been suggested cmh over led by professionals and looking into them I never got super excited over them: After looking at your grow I’m a lot more excited for picking up a cmh.

I was thinking about doing a diy or a qb or a cmh. The spectrum and the uv is nice on the cmh. cost effective vs building a diy. I guess the downside is the amount of power it uses.

So I’ve been suggested cmh over led by professionals and looking into them I never got super excited over them: After looking at your grow I’m a lot more excited for picking up a cmh.

I was thinking about doing a diy or a qb or a cmh. The spectrum and the uv is nice on the cmh. cost effective vs building a diy. I guess the downside is the amount of power it uses.
have a look @Budget LED. they are sponsors. decent boards rivaling more expensive options.
based in north america. run by vets.

have a look @Budget LED. they are sponsors. decent boards rivaling more expensive options.
based in north america. run by vets.

With uva/uvb/uvc? Cmh already have decent percentages of these 3 and to google around about how much an cannabis plant needs goes from 0 to very little. The plant Should need them. No way they went threw evolution without it.

Looking for complete spectrum not just par spectrum. I want to simulate the sun the best I can, even thinking of light movers! But my space isn’t large enough for that. I was thinking of grabbing a spider farm and a king brite run the spider farm sf2000 alone during veg then throw in a 3000k or a 2700k kingbrite with a uv t5 or a uv led strip for flowering along with the sf2000. The sf2000 will push out that 700 PPFD I want for veg then the add in it the king brite and turn the sf2000 down. Adjust until 900-1000 PPFD.

Or I can diy for 600 cad which can push out 1100PPFD could add co2 and if I went that route I would bump it up closer to 15000 at 18 inches %100 power with a uv and ir led strips. The only thing stopping me from doing this is the lack of information I have on uv. I’m aware of how dangerous uv is, I understand my plants grow fine without it: that doesn’t mean they don’t use it. You can remove or add many supplements and get different results. I’m hedging on uv being good for the plants. Some people suggest it has lots of different effects with nothing soild in evidence.

I’m going to look into that forum you linked me to. Thanks!

@Budget LED has all that. get a red spec board for far red flower spectrum if that is your direction.

@Budget LED has all that. get a red spec board for far red flower spectrum if that is your direction.
Thanks for tag. We appreciate it.

I had some time to look into them a little and you have brought me to something I like. Thank you. It’s a strong contender.

Let us know if you have any questions we can answer. We dont want to hijack this CMH thread. If your looking for veg only and then flower only lighting (with UV) we have it! We also make great full cycle options too with UV!

CMH 315w update...will swap out 4200k Phillips (original) bulb for a new (on order) Phillips 3100k bulb for flowering. Very happy so far...flip to 12/12 earlier this week.
3D5D754A-F1CF-4C10-A95C-32153CF4FED7.jpeg

I think a 1.5 gpw from a single 315 cmh and one plant, will not be difficult to achieve,, I'm already at 14 oz, 5 weeks
veg, 10 weeks flower.. The 315cmh is a cost effective grow light for me.. I bought a DS 200 from advanced.. A good light 185 watts.. $500.. I have a grow thread for that light..
The 315 cmh gives me more bang for the $ .If you can grow, hps, cmh, led, can all give great results.. Having grown with the three types, I know what works best for me.. The 315cmh is my Goldilocks light... Not to big, not to small, just right..

[/QUOTE]
By the way spot on advice...ditched the shelf brackets holding the scrog and dropped the scrog down the rails with zip ties...needed to start tucking immediately. The training to fill in will be easy.

Looking good. Also I suggest not switching over to the new bulb until the stretch is over. Veg nutes, and veg lighting until stretch is over will give you optimum results.
I hadn’t heard about timing to swap bulbs if that’s the approach. The grow shop where I bought the light suggested the 4200k bulb for the entire grow “because it’s light spectrum is the same as sunlight” which made sense to me. Anyway the 3100k bulb is on order and will be here when I return Saturday night. So, if you are growing with MH for veg and HPS for flower most growers swap bulbs after the stretch? My first real veg feeding besides Superthrive was Dr. Earth organic mixed weak and it immediately burned the new tips. I will add Superthrive with the Biocanna Flores and planned to introduce the Budswel once flowers are truly forming.

I only use the 3100 K for the entire grow. If only using one bulb for the entire grow it is best to use the 3100K and not the 4200K. Veg is not as fussy as flower. Of course using both bulbs would be ideal but if only going with one the 3100K is the best all around option. It's really getting down to splitting hairs I suppose when I said don't switch until after the stretch is over but that would be slightly more beneficial while the plant is in it's peak growth phase.

Back
Top Bottom