I'm trying out CMH

Looking great my friend, don't let them go to much longer, don't want them over the edge.

Looking great my friend, don't let them go to much longer, don't want them over the edge.
This weekend is harvest time for sure. Almost all of the tops have turned purple except for a few that are still green on the foxtails. But it looks like the growth has stopped.

I'll post some pics this weekend of the harvest, washing and hanging.

Is the strain you are growing known for foxtailing?

I don't know if it's known for foxtailing. But my previous grow of Ultraviolence did not foxtail. I never heard of Ultraviolence before I got these and there is not much info on the strain. But it does smell and taste really good and gives one helluva high. It's one of the most potent strains I've ever grown.

Is the strain you are growing known for foxtailing?
That is what I was wondering when it started. The train wreck i grew did it but it was a known with that strain. I think you are wondering the same as I am in regards to the lights roll. Foxtailing is an appearance thing. I know my train wreck is killer.

This has been the best real world use of CMH documented with incremental progress that if have seen. Great job HayStack

So, today is the day. It's time for the chopping of the Gnar! This is just the first plant. I've got three more to go. I'll post pics of them as I chop them down. I have an idea of how much this will weigh when dry. But if anyone want's to help me guess. I'm all ears.

I started by setting up my four buckets for washing. The first bucket is 1 cup peroxide and 5 gallons of cold water. The second is 1 cup of baking soda and one cup of lemon juice. The third bucket is just 5 gallons of hot water and the fourth bucket is just 5 gallons of cold water. A few dips in each bucket and they got really clean.

Then Is started chopping until IT looked like this.

What I ended up with after chopping was this.

After washing and hanging they look like this. I'm not sure how much I have here. But it looks like a lot.

I love how they look after washing. So clean and fresh!

OK, it's lunch time. Leftovers from the fight last night. Did anyone see that last night. Holy shit. Homeboy Dillashaw made quick work out of Garbrandt. Pretty amazing.

Anyway, back to work.

OK, so I finally finished. What a long day. I'm definitely going to get some help for the outdoor grow. That one's gonna be a big one. Here is plant #4
I also added some flavor to this one to see if it works. I added 1 tablespoon of lemon extract and 4 oz of reconstituted lemon juice. We'll see if it works.

All in all it was a pretty good harvest. I'm not sure how much I will get out of this. But it looks to be around a pound. Maybe a little more. I couldn't quite get it all on my makeshift drying rack, so I have some of it on my drying rack and a couple hangers as well.

The rack is full

So I put some on my drying rack

And on a couple hangers.

Oh, and I got a whole bunch of these. I'm not sure how many yet, but I'll count them after they all dry and I weigh everything.

Thanks everyone. This has been a really fun grow
I'll post a few more pics along with the total weight in about a week.
But for now I'm gonna enjoy the silence in my dining room. I have to admit it's a lot quieter in there without 6 fans running all day and night.

The Final Count:
OK, so the final tally is in. I ended up with about 29 Oz. of some very nice weed. That's a whopping 1.8 Lbs! Unfortunately, we had a few really hot days here this last week, so the buds dried out a lit more than I was hoping. I put a small piece of orange peel in each jar and I'll probably remove them in the morning and keep the jars tightly sealed. But at least I got about 11 Oz. more than I got from my last harvest.

What Did I Learn:
1.)Probably the most valuable thing I learned is that having two tents with about 800 watts of draw from the lights and six fans is expensive. I'm not sure exactly how much it was. But I guesstimate is was about $100.00 per month to keep both tents going.
2.) 630 watts of CMH lighting might be a little much too. It puts out a lot more heat than I was expecting and a ton more than LED's. It was great for veg, but as the buds began to get bigger and bigger, the leaves began to burn. They burned to the point of being very crispy. But the amount of growth was very good. I also think that the heat and light intensity is what caused them to foxtail. This is only my 3rd indoor grow. But it's about 10 Oz. more than my last grow and about 20 Oz. more than my first grow.
3.) I'll never go back to CFL lights. Although I had fun with those lights, they just aren;t good enough to grow with. I will keep them and use them for sprouting seeds and starting clones. They work great for that.

What Will I do Different Next Grow.:
1.) For starters, I'll probably only have one tent going. That should help reduce the heat and the cost.
2.) I think I'll combine one CMH light with two smaller LED's. Hopefully that will reduce a little more heat and maybe get a better overall grow. And who knows, maybe with the two smaller LED's it will get a better spectrum of light than just the CMH or just the LED's. But I won;t know until I try. I've also seem some of the members here grow with higher quality LED lights and they seem to have good results. The only problem with that is I can;t see parting with that much money just to have better lights. The lights I currently have seem to have done a really nice job. But I think if I combine the two they compliment each other nicely.

Anyway, here are a couple final pics for this grow. Each jar is about an ounce. I got a little lazy and didn't make each one exactly an ounce. But they are all somewhere between 25 and 32 grams. So that's close enough for me.

And here is the aftermath. I guess I'll be doing a lot of cleaning tomorrow. Hahahaha.

And I'm going to have to clear everything off of this shelf. When my outdoor grow is done, it will probably be full of canning jars.

Back
Top Bottom