Growing with 315 CMH's: Which to choose

chib

Just trying to figure out what the best set up is for growing with CMH's

Originally I was going to go with Cypress 315W CMH SE Greenhouse Kit along with a philips brand 315 CMH bulb that would run me about 400 dollars CAD.
Cypress_315_CMH_Greenhouse_Kit_720x.jpg

But then I was looking at some setups with bulbs already attached, like this one by vivosun which would be about 250 dollars CAD with the bulb included. VIVOSUN 315W Ceramic Metal Halide CMH/CDM Grow Light Kit
614KC8U+fFL._SL1000_.jpg

Or this at 220 CAD with the bulb too MIXJOY 315W Ceramic Metal Halide CMH/CDM Grow Light Kit
71j2UVvwTsL._SL1100_.jpg

Just not sure which one I should settle for,
I've heard from the person that told me about CMH's that the best option is ones that will work with the philips brand, and I'm not sure if the vivosun or the other one I posted are compatible.

Ive been happy with my Sun System 315w CMH with internal Phillips ballast...for my first grow...drying now. Yield is on me for non light related issues. I needed some heat due to ambient 65F basement temp and full corner to corner light coverage for my 3x3x6.5 customr grow cabinet. Temp ranges 65 to 81. I used the 3100k for veg and 4200k for flower, both Phillips bulbs. I will keep the 3100k through flip and stretch next grow before swapping in the 4200k.
F1CBB07E-0D0C-487F-A116-EA2EB7029B2B.jpeg

Welcome fellow Canadian
I bought the vivosun and used the bulb included with the first grow
Make sure when u buy you purchase the one with the bulb when selecting your option
All315 Cmh bulbs are compatible
On my second grow I bought the Phillip's 315 cmh bulb and it works fine
Both the vivosun and Phillips bulbs will work fine for your grow
Gives a little heat but not as much as a HPS
Happy growing ! :thumb:

The vivosun is about 20 inches long
I can't remember the exact dimensions
I use mine to cover an area 2.5 x 3.5 feet
It is not a closed system or box
Is your boxed closed in ?
With a cmh or hps you will need some air exchange in a closed area like a tent or closed box to reduce the heat from the lamp

I could fit the Vivo, It's 2.5x2.5 then 6 feet tall. I got a 6 inch exhaust on top, could also make it bigger it need be. Just worried about the plant height. I usually LST my plants anyways along with some super cropping, so I'm used to keeping my plants pretty compact. I got 6 ounces off my last plant in the same tent under 276 watts of cfl.

I just also see the minimum as 3x3's so I don't know what to do.

16_20 inches Yes look at the recommendation of distance for the placement of the light to the plant on the site where u are buying the light
I assume u r looking at lights on amazon

Ohh I just got a CMH and bulbs with tent and exhaust for 200. Others loss is another's gain. Winning!!!

I'll be flowering these babies under it in next few days. Minus the smaller ones.

Attachments

• IMG_20200206_033204.jpg
    IMG_20200206_033204.jpg
    861.3 KB · Views: 166
Back
Top Bottom