Is sugar in water good?

exile19

I read somewhere that if you add sugar to water when you water your plant it will make bud taste sweeter, is that true? And if not what can i do to add or change flavor?

Lots of people swear by Molasses.Not sure about regular sugar though..? I wonder if one could use Real Maple Syrup..?

i can only vouch for unsulphered molasses if you can find it get the organic kind it has a green lable. and says organic unsulphered molasses. its a great carb booster but you dont want to use to much when you go to flush the extra magnesium in it can make your smoke a lil harsh. some use more but i dont use more then a tbls. p/g of water. and ill start with a tsp. p/gal.

Good question about honey and sugar. Hope someone answers.

Sent from my LG-P505 using Forum Runner

I used Grandma's unsulpherd moleasses in my last grow and in my opinion the buds were really sticky.Good full buds too,thats all I used was moleasses and luke warm water.

papaduckie said:
same here on the honey if no answers im gonna try it on one of my girls just for chits and giggles to see what happens

Let me know how that works out for you. Exile, i did try vanilla flavoring with my first grow but was so new to growing that not sure if i went about it right. Are you gonna experiment?

Boondox said:
I used Grandma's unsulpherd moleasses in my last grow and in my opinion the buds were really sticky.Good full buds too,thats all I used was moleasses and luke warm water.

That's what i am using with my current grow.

Yea I am gonna experiment, I was gonna try sugar in the water. And flavor curing, cause if that added sweet fruity flavor to bud that would be bomb.

I've heard of sugar being used with fresh cut flowers in vase of water etc to help prolong life/bloom/longevity.

Honey & molasse have been used in growing MJ mainly in the flush & as an additive with regular feeding regime once a week sort of stuff 7 to 10 days.

Heres an extract from molasse wike.

Horticultural

Soil

Molasses can be added to the soil of almost any plant to promote microbial activity.[9]

Hydroponic

Molasses contains the disaccharide sucrose. This sugar does not substitute as a flowering enhancer in hydroponic gardening. Other substitute "sugar boosters" for hydroponics contain deoxyribose, lyxose, ribose, xylulose, and xylose. These simple and complex carbohydrates are the main components of cellular reproduction, and deliver an immediately usable form of energy to the plant, which would normally rely on a soil-type organic medium for beneficial microbial activity.[citation needed]

Molasses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Micro nutrient with trace macro P & K content of black strap molasse aprox give or take different brands etc.

Minerals
nutrient amount %DV
boron -- mcg
calcium 117.56 mg 11.76
chloride -- mg
chromium -- mcg --
copper 0.28 mg 14.00
fluoride -- mg --
iodine -- mcg --
iron 2.39 mg 13.28
magnesium 29.39 mg 7.35
manganese 0.36 mg 18.00
molybdenum -- mcg --
phosphorus 5.47 mg 0.55
potassium 340.66 mg 9.73
selenium 2.43 mcg 3.47
sodium 7.52 mg 0.31
zinc 0.14 mg 0.93

I wrote a thread a little while back that even though is not exactly on topic, you may want to check it out, do to the similarity.
Can you use capilary action to benefit your fresh cut cola's?

I was curious about using sugar water, among other things near harvest. Just like a christmas tree, usually people will cut the base of the trunk off, and put it into sugar water to help the tree remain fresh, and last longer. Also like the kindergarden experiement where you cut a piece of celery, and place it into water with food coloring. By capilary action the water is drawn into the plant... SSSooooo, I was wondering a similar thought, If you were to take your plant, cut the roots off the last day before harvest, and replace the roots and dirt with fresh water, sugar and other things like flavors or things that may bond to increase THC, wouldn't this help flush the plant of the unwanted things like nitrogen, and help the plant utilize whats in its reserves, and also allow a "direct injection" of these solutions to the plant??? just thought it was an interesting thought, but never got the chance to look into it too far, or try it...

so here is I see it, a whole bottle om molasses cost between 3 and 4 bucks. At the rate you would use it pending how many plants or grows, should last well above the asking price a bargin for the bennies! that said experimenting is the mother of invention.:) so I will wait to hear anyone to add to this. oh yeah HAPPY 420 AND HAPPY GARDENING:)
:420:

ive been given a bottle of carboload for flowering, i'm guessing its along the same lines as what you guys are talking about, its basically sugar water to give the plant extra energy to put towards the flowers. As for flavour curing, i have read about this quite extensively and plan to give it a try on this crop. What i plan to do is get some concentrated extract, say vanilla and strawberry. I'm going leave my plants for 3 days after flush with no water, crop most of my plant leaving only 1 or 2 buds per plant then give them a good watering with the flavours hoping the plant will soak up pretty quick as the soil will be dry. Leave for around an hour or so then crop the final flavoured buds. These buds will need much longer to dry as they will have more sugars than normal and will be very harsh to smoke if you try to dry them quickly. I hope my limited knowledge has been of some help. Peace out

I am usinng honey and sugar my buds are looking denser.

Processed sugar does not have the benefits you seek. I am not sure about the honey I will follow this and see how you do. I did a lot of reading before I decided what to use. There are a fair amount of folks that swear by molasses. I also read a lot about sugar cane natural. Molasses contains things that you don't need or want … like sodium. Sugar cane natural (sucanat) is sugar with the molasses not extracted from it. So if you use this type of sugar the ladies get a boost of energy from the sugar while you will later enjoy the benefit of the molasses for the taste it will add. I decided to use it f or two reasons, first it has no sodium or other “stuff” and second it is not messy like molasses and you still get the rich flavor.

Back
Top Bottom