JBC's Super Soil - Fully Organic 4x Blue Mystic + 1x CH9 Jack FEMS

Oh by the way I can't take credit for the formula some dude named SubCool came up with it. It sounds excellent; I can't wait to see the results.

Yeah was just going to ask was it subcool's mix. I learnt from that then made it my own out of what I can get this side of the water. Mine needs some rock phosphate like suggested by DocBud at the beginning but I found out that the horse manure had it in already so I just left it. Next time Less manure and some rock phosphate.

It will serve you well mate, just don't feed and I only watered mine every 10 days to begin with to really let the root establish. They were bursting out of the bottom of the pots in a week or so. I started with 50ml of water per 10 days in the small pots then worked up from there. Never fully wetting the whole medium until they were in well established roots.

I'm assuming the rock phosphate is for giving the plant P in the final weeks of flowering (it has to break down first; the steamed bone meal doesn't as much). I'd be leary of it being in manure being that the manure has to break down to not burn roots, and in that time the rock phosphate might break down also. I'll adjust this mix if necessary, but I have the feeling all I'll have to do is adjust the ratios (soil:supersoil) according to the length of the flowering period. I rushed it a bit and used it on 6 plants early, but slight leaf twist is the only problem they are having so far.

You can get slight leaf twists with any soil when seedlings are getting used to it, I get that often but as soo as their feet are established then things rock on fast and easy mate.

Yeah I think they used up the P during flower in the roots as the roots busted out of the pots as if they was in a coco mix. Either way stay away from the nutes. I fed mine once and they didnt like it. Just pushed the mix a bit too far. They fine again after the watering but could tell they didn't like it. Everything is already there for them.

I use this mix a bit cut down for all my fruit and veg and they love it. Best plants I grew yet in my mix :)

My first plants are about 4 weeks old it's just that the mix didn't activate for a full month before I used it. Both my White Urkel and OG Kush Ghost Cut S1 fem plants were like that at first because of the vigor they grow with. The tap root shot down into the hot mix too soon on both of them; now the others show it a little. I mean SO little that it's not worth mentioning, but I'll mix and water my tub of supersoil earlier the next time I make it so it doesn't stress the young plants the little bit that it does. Try to get you some rock phosphate if at all possible; the useable % of P in it is high and it's a perfect pH buffer.

PotChimp;1702798]1 large bag Roots Organics soil mix
5 lbs. organic worm castings
1-1/8 cup steamed bone meal
2-1/4 cups bloom bat guano
2-1/4 cups blood meal
1/2 cup rock phosphate
1-1/2 Tbsp. epsom salts
1 Tbsp. dolomite lime
1 Tbsp. azomite
1 Tbsp. powdered humic acid*
QUOTE]

Sounds good enough to eat ........:lot-o-toke:

Hey chimp,

Good mix the Sub cool one apparently. One thing I would add to the mix when you re-pot is some Microhizzal Fungi around the roots to add extra root mass and to break down old soil and feed the microbes and to feed on the microbes :) Look after them babies and they'l look after your girls for you.

Ok got some pictures , putting week 2 next to week 3 for comparison. At the end I'l put week 2-8 fully with whatever I have missed. I have the pictures.

Week 2
DSCN09566.JPG

Week 3
DSCN0982_-_Copy.JPG
DSCN09826.JPG

Week 3 with flash to show trics better :thumb:

Cheers mate, yeah they packing it on now, I reckon this week they'l put some weight on. Still on water feeds.

I do have 2 in ther now with male pollen sacks on lower nodes which is really P'ing me off! Not sure what to do. I think it was when I moved them to another place and broke their night life one night. Just hoping there isn't too much pollen flying around as a few opened I noticed.

O well worse comes to worse I'l have some Fem seeds. Thanks for reps mate

Hey chimp,

Good mix the Sub cool one apparently. One thing I would add to the mix when you re-pot is some Microhizzal Fungi around the roots to add extra root mass and to break down old soil and feed the microbes and to feed on the microbes :) Look after them babies and they'l look after your girls for you.

Ok got some pictures , putting week 2 next to week 3 for comparison. At the end I'l put week 2-8 fully with whatever I have missed. I have the pictures.

Week 2
DSCN09566.JPG

Week 3
DSCN0982_-_Copy.JPG
DSCN09826.JPG

Week 3 with flash to show trics better :thumb:

Nice buds, JB42. Thanks for the super soil suggestion. I've heard that mycorrhizae occur quickly and naturally in good soils, but I add more anyway. What I use is Great White Shark. The other thing I do with this mix (I don't know if it's necessary) is use CalMag, since I'm using RO water.

ooh ooh ooh, AHH AHH AHH!!!!!

Cheers mate, its fun seeing them both go! Wonder if I can hold strong still with a little hermi in the room. Just hoping they don't carry on doing it too much and focus energy onto that.

Anyway got a few toys to help keep up!! Things are bright as F**k on 100% on the digi. Happy times!! :)

TechOne_Dimmable_lrg.jpg
sunmaster-250w.jpg
ginormous.jpg

They still firmly in the race though :) Sorry for blinding bud shot's. I used the flash to get rid of the horrible BRIGHT Orangle glow!

DSCN09874.JPG

If u have an adjustable white balance set it to incandescent, it'll turn those horrendous yellows into soothing blues. Looking top shelf mate!

Back
Top Bottom