Jimobry's Bag Seed First Grow Journal

Nice harvest. Good looking buds. Check the bud just above the beans and you should see what "at once" was a banana. You can tell it from the calyx. It happens. If that's the only plant that did it, I would guess it is genetics, not light contamination. The beans are more than likely to be female, but also likely to hermie as well. I don't mind a bean or few as long as it's good smoke. It happens even in the high-dollar strains.

Thanks for the input, guys. I will keep them, as seeds are quite hard to get here now, even though I have plenty left, and I might just get my hands on some proper seeds for my next journal, which should take place just after the worst part of summer is over.
Meanwhile, there are two other ladies in the tent, and their buds are looking massive. Their stems actually started dropping. Tomorrow I am going to tie the all nicely together to support each other in a group effort.
The smoke so far is great!
Very good fully rounded type of high, mind and body are nicely buzzed. and I am still only smoking popcorn buds.

I have collected two boxes of leaves, that I am going to use to make bubble hash after the other two are done. Meanwhile the boxes are being kept in my freezer.

First numbers are in: first plant to be harvested has given a bit more than 25 grams.
Feels promising. :)
The smoke and smell is great.
most of the weed from plant 1 has been jarred, and curing has started. plant 2 is still hanging, and it will stay hanging until I learn from my first plant if it was placed a jar at the right time.
Meanwhile, plant 3 and plant 4 are becoming really heavy for their pour stems. plant 3's big collas actually collapsed, so I connected wires to them and tied them up. seems like their harvest is approaching.
Thats it... oh and, my girlfriend became my fiance :)

Congrats! A harvest and an engagement at the same time! Coincidence?

Yes, fiance liked the weed.

Just joking, Jimbo! Looks great! I'm sure you both are enjoying this. Your first homegrown harvest is like your first...well...uh.... nevermind.

I had to quit smoking for my first fiance (25 years ago). You are a lucky one. She is even luckier. :thumb:

Thank you all for your kind and heart warming words..
I am lucky indeed to have her GG. She is quite the special one...

Curing seems to be going fine at the moment. I am opening the jar twice a day for a hour. smells like an amsterdam coffeeshop every time I open the jar :) The second plant will most likely be jarred tomorrow or the day after, when I have a bit of spare time.
Much love!

I am still here guys! :)

Update: Week 11 Day7

Still have two girls growing, and growing they are! their buds seem to be more developed the the other two, and they are smelling great!
I am a week away from harvest I reckon, as they got their last dose of nutes on friday. They will not be flushed, as their buds are tied up in my tent at the moment (thats the only way to support their weight:)), and I dont see a way to get them out and flush them safely.
As I was using only organic nutes, and as their pots are rather small, I am not worried about them tasting bad.
The most important thing for me is the dry and the cure, as I fudged it up with the second plant I harvested, the one with the seeds. I think I over dried it into the point where it doesnt really smell very strong. still gives a good kick though. It came out at around 35 grams for curing, which adds up to 60 with the first plant, and I am still smoking on around ten grams of buds which were not worthy of being jarred. Anyway, I still jarred that plant with boveda packs, hoping to get even the slightest improvement to it.
In any case, the fiance and I are very happy so far.
The first plant just started its second week of cure, and the jar is opened for air just once every couple of days. its smell is fantastic.
Here are some of the last shots of the remaining girls before we chop them down. I can see around 8-10 % of amber on them.
DSC_11205.JPG
DSC_11225.JPG
DSC_11236.JPG
DSC_11254.JPG
DSC_11265.JPG
DSC_11279.JPG
DSC_11289.JPG
DSC_112910.JPG
DSC_113211.JPG

I turned off the cfls as it is very close to harvest and I feel like they handled enough heat. the cfls add like 5 degrees to the temp in the tent. The weather here is full summer now. I feel like I should spare them any more suffering.
Well, feels good to post an other update. this grow has been lovely. thank you for sticking to it :)

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom