JohnnieJC3's Bay - 11 Clones - Mars II 400 - 2x2x5 Secret Jardin

Hi JonnieJC3,
Your girls are looking great, really filling up your tent. :goodjob:
I'm growing 2 plants in a similar size cabinet (3x3x6) under LED so was interested in how your grow is coming along. Did you use the GLR schedule for your previous grow or just trying it out on this one? I've been concidering switching to the schedule (currently just doing 20/4 for the veg). I'm subbing in and looking forward to seeing how your grow goes!
This is the first time I've ran the GLR cycle, I had heard about it years ago and never really looked into it. I really like how the plants grow under this cycle. It's almost flower growth rates, without them budding. My last grow, I ran 17/7 for veg, and the normal 12/12 for bloom. I appreciate you stopping by, and I'll check out your link when I get a chance. :volcano-smiley:

Feb 25th Bay 11 Clones Day 9 Bloom:

Pictures from yesterday, did a little moving around and spreading the plant to get some of the lower nodes more light. There almost showing the flower bulbs on top so there getting there. Very explosive plant with branching everywhere. They are definitely going more vertical than width, although they have grown wide too. I'd like to go 14 days and let them go, we'll have to see how it goes. Thanks for looking.

P1040945.JPG

P1040946.JPG

P1040947.JPG

P1040948.JPG

P1040949.JPG

Bay 11 Clones Day 10 Bloom:

It's feeding day, they went three days like the last time and are loving the additional bloom added. I did a little more training of the bigger tops to spread them out and fill in some gaps. I'm really close to filling most of the area, there are a few areas I'm working on and hoping to finish training soon. I do have some vertical space to play with, but I really want to create as many sites to the screen as I can. I did pinch off two top leaves that were blocking a few nodes, the foliage was too dense in that section of the screen so they had to go. When you have some leaves as big as a small to medium hand, and two nodes below it, pretty easy decision. The new nodes will have more than one leave to take it's spot so no worries. Today's photos.

P1040950.JPG

P1040951.JPG

P1040952.JPG

P1040953.JPG

P1040954.JPG

Almost forgot the feeding:

Earth Juice Grow 1.5tsp, Bloom 3tsp, MetaK .25tsp, Micro, Catalyst, and Sweet/Raw 1stp each per gallon of water split between both clones.

Alright, so I checked in on my girls and they are marvelous to look at. This strain is going to be a GIVER no doubt. I counted at least 35/40 nodes in there, the grid has 64 holes and I'm trying my best to fill them as much as I can.

You can see in the pictures that way more nodes are hitting the screen now, these babies are stretchy so I'm hoping by day 14 or so I can stop training and let them grow vertical and do there thing. I will be feeding them tomorrow, every 3 days like clockwork. Here's the goods.

P1040955.JPG

P1040957.JPG

P1040958.JPG

P1040959.JPG

P1040956.JPG

I'm trying to fill the left lower corner(middle to lower left), most of the other corners are real close to being full. You can see I have one of the biggest tops laying flat in the middle. I also tucked some bigger leaves and didn't have to pinch any covering possible bud sites. I really haven't pinched too many unless no other choice. The canopy is getting SO thick, loving it.

The leaf is covering the high temperature which is 66/75 H/L(or L/H) Humidity 38/44% H/L

The pictures make it seem like a big space, it's only a 20 inch square. :volcano-smiley:

March 1st Bay 11 Clones Day 13 Bloom:

Hey all, an update, I enjoy pictures, especially at this stage, I try to do pictures every day so I can compare side by side with my extended desktop. Seeing them every day sometimes doesn't show the growth that's happening. I look at them way too much, but that's going to change since my schedule has been rearranged. I had to change my light cycle because of this change, so I changed the timer to turn off at 4pm PST and turn on at 5am, so the plants only received 8 hours of light (still enough IMO), but the goal was to still get the 13 hours of darkness which I did. I had no choice since light was coming on at 7:51am and I'll be long gone before then and I like to water when lights turn on so there you have it. In my opinion and or experience, as long as you go longer on the dark period than light, it's no problem. I don't normally make a habit of it, but when life changes, you have to roll with the punches and move forward.

Back on topic, the GIRLS!! I stopped training on Day 12, the only thing I've been doing is doing a little tucking of the leaves, I'm leaving them alone so they can grow vertically. The nodes I have is what I have, I can tell you last grow that I only had 5 or 6 BIG buds, and these have at least 12-15 main tops, and MANY medium to smaller ones. Good Stuff, Timeline is looking at end of April, right around 420. Too bad it won't be quite ready, these girls going to 69/70 days, time will tell. Thanks for peeping in on my females, that sounded dirty. :allgood:

P1040960.JPG

P1040961.JPG

P1040964.JPG

P1040962.JPG

P1040963.JPG

March 2nd Bay 11 Clones Day 14 Bloom:

And... today's shots, not much to report, the beginning of Day 2 of watering so plenty moist, and I tucked a few leaves opening up some areas, other than that, just leaving them alone and let em' do there thing. I have learned SO much from this experiment, I do this for the fun and love of growing plants in general. I may end up building some modular scrogs to take away the limitations of a fixed screen that isn't portable. I really haven't decided, I normally don't have pest issues, but you never know(I have on occasion Outdoors, but not usually), and it would be nice to be able to remove the plants and give them a thorough check up. Paging Dr. JohnnieJC3. :) :goof:

P1040965.JPG

P1040967.JPG

P1040968.JPG

P10409691.JPG

P10409721.JPG

P10409701.JPG

P10409711.JPG

March 3rd Bay 11 Clones Day 15 Bloom:

Alright guys and gals, my schedule changes tomorrow so the updates will be less frequent, but I'm going to try and take pictures every day and upload them all at once. Hopefully towards the end of this grow, I can get a new camera and take better close-ups.

I went out to my outdoor compost pile that's been curing for quite a few months(at least 3) and screened(1/4inch) some compost for my Bay 11 girls. The Roots soil has earthworm castings, but in low quantity in my experience. I didn't amend with more castings at the time, my worm bins aren't quite finished yet. I felt it was time for some humus like substance, so I put in some to screen my beautiful compost that is filled with worms, mites, bugs, etc... I also added some vermicompost (3or 4 handfuls) to the sifted compost, and about the same for Roots soil to add aeration and additional nutrients that are advertised online.

The 3 gallon smart pots weren't quite filled since they usually sink after awhile, so I topped them both off with this mix and the pots are currently nice and full of nutrient rich top dressing. They are due for a feeding tomorrow so that is perfect, the compost was already moist so no added water. These clones should really love this additional boost of compost/vermicompost/roots top off. On with the pictures and thanks for looking.

P1040976.JPG

Screened

P1040977.JPG

Screened

P1040979.JPG

All together with compost/vermi/Roots. Both plants took almost all of it, a tiny bit left that went back to the yard.

P1040980.JPG

P1040983.JPG

P1040982.JPG

P1040981.JPG

Hey all quick update. The Bay 11 mommas are taking of the smaller nodes are turning into bigger ones reaching the screen now. I haven't been training them other than tucking a few leaves for light exposure.

Feeding: Earth Juice Grow 1.5tsp, Bloom 4.5tsp(stepping it up) Metak .25tsp, Micro, Catalyst, and Sweet/Raw 1tsp each. I also added the compost to top off the smart pots. Usually after a feeding the next morning there is substantial growth.

I also dropped the light schedule today so tomorrow will be first dark period of 10.5/13.5.

I'll get some pics tomorrow and post them either Thursday or Friday.

Bay 11 Clones March 5th day 17 Flower

Should need to be fed/watered tomorrow morning. I'm waiting a little longer until stretch is over, then I want to defoliate a little bit, I should of hacked them more in Vegetative stage, anyway, I'm going to spend some time with them very soon to see what nodes and leaves are going and which are staying. :volcano-smiley:

P1040984.JPG

P1040985.JPG

P1040986.JPG

P1040989.JPG

P1040987.JPG

P1040988.JPG

This morning I fed them Earth Juice Grow 1.5tsp, Bloom 4.5tsp, Metak.25tsp, Micro, Catalyst, and Sweet/Raw 1tsp per gallon of water split between both clones evenly. The flower bulbs are getting thick and there is already early trichome production, this happened the first LED grow(no journal) so no surprise. Bay 11 Mommas looking SEXY. I definitely wish I would of waited maybe another 4 or 5 days to flip the switch, but this isn't a production at all, I want to yield well, but quality to me is the goal, yields and dialing in an area will come. I love to experiment to so if a yield suffers over it, so be it. I've been reading so much about mainlining lately, I think I'm obsessed. Random thought. Anyway, the girls.

P1040993.JPG

P1040994.JPG

P1040995.JPG

P1040996.JPG

P1040997.JPG

P1040998.JPG

P1040999.JPG

P.S I did some defoliation today to clean up some areas that were dense and blocking bud sites. You can see how much it opened up the plant(still so many leaves). I will do a little more in a week or so when the stretch is completely over. Other than that, the plants are on track to do well. :)

Bay 11 Clones Day 20 Bloom

Pictures from Today. I'm like a little kid checking them every morning before my day starts. I had to raise the light 2 clicks which is about a half inch to 3/4 of growth so they enjoyed the feeding and are still growing vertically. There definitely not growing as fast upwards so I anticipate stretch should be over sometime this week. I will be surprised if they go to 28 days, we'll see. Thanks for looking. Enjoy.

P10500051.JPG

P10500031.JPG

P10500062.JPG

P10500042.JPG

P1050002.JPG

P1050001.JPG

Alright guys, it's been a long week and I'm back for an update.

Bay 11 Clones March 10th Day 22 Bloom:

Feeding: Earth Juice Grow 1.5tsp, Grow 4.5tsp, MetaK .25tsp, Micro, Catalyst, and Sweet Raw 1tsp each per gallon of water split evenly between the two beautiful plants.

They have been frosty since the beginning of seeing first signs of bloom. Ten days ago (Day 12) they showed early frost on the bigger fans leaves, MAN I can't wait, and there is STILL much room for improvement. I could of let them go another 5-7 days in Vegetative phase, but it's all good and experience.

I'm used to Outdoor Grows(I grow them WIDE usually 5x5 bushes, half P plants, residential area so Vertical is a challenge, don't want Colas dancing over the fence. I WISH) mainly so the learning curve and LED's are different is still being dialed in. I just want some DANK Medical Grade MJ(without the price tag), hoping for 5ish Zones, we'll soon see. :) The girls. :volcano-smiley:

P10500071.JPG

P10500091.JPG

P10500082.JPG

Bay 11 Clones March 11th Day 23 Bloom

More pictures, starting to really KICK in now. Still going vertical a little, but slowing rapidly. I've been plucking Fans here and there, but nothing too much since still rising some. Every morning I check them, there just so much more FROSTY the Snowman on BIGGER fans, not just the leaves close to the flowers. So cool, it NEVER gets Old growing your own Meds. :Namaste:

P10500122.JPG

P10500141.JPG

P10500131.JPG

P10500151.JPG

P10500111.JPG

P10500102.JPG

Back
Top Bottom