JohnnieJC3's Bay - 11 Clones - Mars II 400 - 2x2x5 Secret Jardin

Feb 7th Bay 11 Clones Day 30 from CC

The clones went 6 full days without needing water/feeding. I could of watered on Day 5, but I tend to let my plants dry out if there is still enough moisture for another day.

Feeding: EarthJuice Grow 3tsp, No Bloom, 3/4tsp K, 1tsp Micro, 3/4tsp Catalyst, and 3/4tsp Sweet/Raw.

Glad to see Earth Juice being used, I love that stuff!:thumb: I use Earth Juice in all phases of my grow. there is a link to my current journal in my signature if you want to check it out. Do you let it aerate for a while? Earth juice needs to aerate for 24-48 hours before being used. I usually let mine aerate for 24-36 hours.

I'll definitely check out your grow, and No I just use it right out of the bottle, I've used this stuff for years with great results. Anything Kelp based is a plus in my book. Almost all of the bottles have molasses in them.

Hey all it's update time. The bay 11 clones are looking fine as ever, but I'm running out of space. The plants biggest tops are about 2.5 inches from the screen, and being high sativa, I just can't go further. The screen is too high for smaller plants (15 inches from soil, but I wanted intake under the screen instead of over which would be 10/11 inches). That distance would be fine for 1 plant for 2x2, but rough for two plants in a small space and screen is at the 24 inch mark. I'm upgrading to 2x4 in August so I may go two plants to really scrog instead of a glorified structure/support. I'm already worried about space so training is going to be mandatory I'm sure. Yesterday, I removed quite a bit of nodes that will not come close to the screen.

I figured the last plant was random and small so I should get 4+ ounces, I'm hoping five(ish) or better since high yielder. I have been running the GLR light cycle in vegetative phase and pistils are everywhere. They are begging to be flipped. I'm running GLR for flower as well so 11/13 to start. The Flower cycle begins tomorrow. The timer is set to eight am to seven pm PST.

The girls were thirsty today and tomorrow being first day of transition, works out perfect for transition feeding.

Earth Juice Grow 2tsp,Bloom 1tsp, Micro 1tsp, Metak .25tsp, Catalyst and Sweet/Raw .75tsp(1 gallon split between both plants, perfect for the 3 gallon smart pots).

I'll update pictures later today :volcano-smiley:

So I was pretty busy with the family and misses last night, so I didn't get a chance to upload the pictures. Here they are, this is Day 1 of flowering cycle (11/13).

P1040894.JPG

P1040895.JPG

P1040897.JPG

P1040898.JPG

P1040899.JPG

P1040900.JPG

P1040903.JPG

P1040902.JPG

P1040901.JPG

And... some pictures of today. I lowered the Led light to around 14 inches from 17/18". I'll eventually go to 12 inches or so in a few days. These babies grew at least a half inch to 3/4 overnight. I checked the timer multiple times just to make sure everything is in order and on track. I love this hobby, I can't wait for the Outdoor season so I can grow 5ft x 5ft(give or take) bushy monsters. Good times. :volcano-smiley:

P10409071.JPG

P10409061.JPG

P10409051.JPG

P10409041.JPG

73 degrees, I just want to give this light a big ol' warm hug. :)

Where's those pics man? 4square feet is pretty tight for 2 girls. If you went with a 3x3 instead of a 2x4 you would have more room. 9 square feet instead of 8. That's if you have the space.
I wish I could go with a 4x4, but it took some sweet talking to get this 2x2, and my wife's ok with a little bigger so the 2x4 will be perfect. I usually grow at least 3 elbows in the outdoors season with plants under six foot tall. I don't usually have a shortage of smokables since two of my folks are lightweight smokers and my friend goes through about 8-10gms a week(I'm about the same a quarter or so a week). I figure if I can get this small ass tent dialed for a qp at least, I'll be real happy with a half pound with the 2x4x5.5. I'll gain 4 square feet, and a half foot on height. I promised my wife I would shut down the tent for the Summer and I'm a man of my word. She compromised for the tent, I'll return the favor, she doesn't think I'll shut it down, but it's the right thing to do, and I can concentrate on outdoor endeavors and my veggie gardens(life, work, camping, boating, summer fun).

More Pictures today. This is the beginning of Day 2 Flower and over the last two days, they are growing 1/2 - 5/8's of an inch a day. You can see the main nodes stretching more and nodes popping out everywhere. I think they liked the transition phase feeding. These babies truly are beautiful to look at. I wish you could zoom in on the original picture with a browser, truly a marvelous site of how perfect these girls are aesthetically. If you look at the previous day, right where my 6" adjustable elbow is for the intake, the growth wasn't touching the intake, now it clearly is. Awesome stuff, I love this phase and I've grown so many plants in the past(off and on 20 years, I still remember my first plant, I was 17 almost 18 and grew these random seeds, turned out ok, lightweight green taste. I can remember a friend tasting it and asked if that was green bud, and I just smiled and said, maybe just a little), and it still makes me grin ear to ear and makes me feel like doing the running man. :party: :volcano-smiley:

P10409092.JPG

P10409101.JPG

P10409121.JPG

P1040911.JPG

Alright guys and gals, it's update time. These momma's are just gorgeous to look at. I am becoming a fan of Bay 11 early on, so that is a great sign that I'm going to be elated when this is finished. The main tops are right around an inch from the screen now, yesterday the first leaf touched the pvc piping, there growing right around 5/8's of an inch or so, almost 3/4's of an inch a day. I am running 11/13 cycle, and they are kicking in quickly. There are nodes popping out everywhere, I have already trimmed quite a few lower nodes that didn't have a chance to become anything significant. The canopy is pretty level and symmetrical and I couldn't be happier. I fimmed last time and the plant went all wild, so I went back to what I've done for years, topping and training. Back on track.

Feeding: Went 4 days this time, which is normal for the 3 gallon Smart Pots. Once they really start flowering, it will be every 3 like clockwork.

Earth Juice Grow 2tsp, Bloom 1tsp, MetaK .25tsp, Micro 1tsp, Catalyst and Sweet/Raw .75tsp. 1 gallon of water. Half a gallon per clone, no waste, simple and easy. Pictures below, I'm so excited how this canopy of future buds looks this early. I wish I could of went a little closer to the screen, but I think I made a good choice in switching and not waiting another week. Good Stuff and Happy Growing. :volcano-smiley:

P10409141.JPG

P10409161.JPG

P10409191.JPG

P1040918.JPG

P10409151.JPG

Look-n-good!

Will be watching your ladies

All the best
I appreciate the sentiment and thank you for stopping by. I'm curious about your 50 gallon Tote, that's a huge bin.

Partial Update to Journal:

I did remove 3 leaves on top that were blocking some node sites, I also tucked a few which is what I prefer, but if a big leaf is in the way of progress, the bud blocker must go in my experience. I don't defoliate too much, I tend to pinch a few here and there as needed. I already thinned most of the lower nodes (lollipop), but more will come and need removed again. Hopefully, I can train the big tops in the corners to fill the gaps, and let the smaller ones grow upwards. Time will tell. Happy Growing. :peace: :yummy:

I'm back with pictures. Feb 21st Day 5 Bloom:

The two clones are on there way, they had a big spurt of growth (almost 1.5 inches) and bigger tops touching the screen. The canopy is going well and fairly even. The plants are still moist so another day or two for a Bloom feeding since coming out of the transition phase by the time there dry enough. Keep in mind, I don't mean completely dry, but I do let them get pretty "light" in weight if you like to check your plants by that method. I prefer finger in the soil, always accurate, can't lift Outdoor plants in the ground(in the beginning I can since started in pots). :) You can tell I'm excited for the Outdoor season coming FAST. I don't just grow cannabis, I've grown 100+ pound pumpkins 12 ft sunflowers, etc... Nothing like a home grown organic tomato or Corn on the cob with kernels like shrubs there so thick and juicy. There's just something magical and rewarding about seeing a spec of nothing(seed of any kind), turn into an Amazon of a plant so fast. I hope to one day be self sufficient for most of what I consume, maybe an extension of the house facing the southern hemisphere for all kinds of plants. Anyway, off topic, back to these beautiful trouble free Bay 11 girls.

P1040920.JPG

P1040921.JPG

P1040924.JPG

P1040923.JPG

P1040922.JPG

And... Today Feb 22nd Day 6 Bloom:

You can see more tops hitting the screen now, there kicking in fast, but that's fine, I need some growth to fill in the gaps on the outside so I can get as even as possible, and then let them grow up a little. I may have been able to go a little longer before flipping, but with my space, I'd rather be on the safe side not knowing this strains habits, and 80/20 Sativa is scary for a small space. I can already tell this grow is going to kill the last one. The canopy is getting thick fast and the branches are getting dense.

I'll put up a side by shot of my last plant, then these two cuttings, no comparison. I'm going to train the corner big tops to fill in the gaps, this is going excellent. I figure if I can get a qp at least in 20 square inches, I'll be super stoked to upgrade to a 2x4 and pull a half or close to it. Ok... the pics. :volcano-smiley:

P1040925.JPG

P1040926.JPG

P1040927.JPG

P1040928.JPG

P1040929.JPG

P1040930.JPG

P1040931.JPG

P1040932.JPG

P1040760.JPG

23 inch plant, 2 ounces, great smoke though for a Random Seed. Very Kushy looking with a sweet grass flavor, dense and frosty no doubt under LED.

A month later...

P1040840.JPG

I have decided to continue the journal, I was pissy earlier and have a ton on my mind. Sometimes I get busy with different things and feel overwhelmed. Anyway, show must go on as they say. :)

Update and Pictures Bay 11 Clones Day 7 Bloom

Feeding: Earth Juice Grow 1.5tsp, Bloom 3tsp, MetaK .25tsp, Micro, Catalyst, and Sweet/Raw 1tsp per gallon of water split between both plants.

Every day I check them in the morning, they have grown substantially.

P1040937.JPG

P1040936.JPG

P1040935.JPG

P1040934.JPG

For some reason, I'm getting 70 degrees with the light on, which is the first time. My garage is connected to the laundry room and gets pretty cold so my tent pulls cold air from garage since there is a slight gap under the door. I love gazing at my babies, or at this point, my daughters(oops). :peace:

Not much to report, I moved the big top on the left to the next hole, other than that, these girls are exciting to see every morning I do a check in.

P1040938.JPG

P1040939.JPG

P1040940.JPG

P1040941.JPG

Hi JonnieJC3,
Your girls are looking great, really filling up your tent. :goodjob:
I'm growing 2 plants in a similar size cabinet (3x3x6) under LED so was interested in how your grow is coming along. Did you use the GLR schedule for your previous grow or just trying it out on this one? I've been concidering switching to the schedule (currently just doing 20/4 for the veg). I'm subbing in and looking forward to seeing how your grow goes!

Back
Top Bottom