Keffkas Seedsman Comparative: Purple Ghost Candy

So for this grow I’m not using this technique since they’re feminized, but on my previous grow I did use it, and it worked. @Gee64 @Azimuth and @StoneOtter have also used this method successfully

IMG_7622.jpeg
I noticed they showed best(fastest) with bright light as he mentioned too!
Little ones are looking good man!

I noticed they showed best(fastest) with bright light as he mentioned too!

This became a necessity almost. In order for me to keep them from stretching from the lower light quantity I had to crank the brightness. Happy coincidence it worked out lol

Little ones are looking good man!

Thanks Stone, you know I like my plants pretty 😆

Day 8, wonderful growth, ready for watering again. Also threw some cannamulch down in a few different sizes to see which I prefer.

IMG_7626.jpeg

IMG_7627.jpeg

IMG_7628.jpeg

IMG_7629.jpeg

IMG_7632.jpeg

IMG_7631.jpeg

IMG_7630.jpeg

A shot before the lights went off. They’re taking off.
IMG_7577.jpeg

Let’s talk bacteria. Bacteria are a cannabis growers best friends. Did you know your roots will NOT grow root hairs unless rhizophagy bacteria are in your medium? This process that plays out starts with the seed. Every single cannabis strain has certain bacteria they prefer over others. These bacteria live in and on the seed. This is why I am so against germinating anywhere other than where your plant will be, because you lose literally millions of years worth of carefully selected bacteria the very moment the seed initiates germination. This isn’t an opinion, it’s a fact.

Now, you obviously don’t lose ALL the bacteria, or those who germinate elsewhere and/or sterilize their seeds would never be able to grow. However what they are doing is breaking down the genetics. They are making weaker plants. You can’t turn this around. Many breeders will tell you stories about plants that started outdoors but can now no longer survive anywhere but indoors on synthetic nutrients. They’ll tell you about genetics they thought were strong, breaking down over time and lines being almost unworkable. This can almost always be traced right back to the seeds and methods of germination.

Back to the bacteria. This rhizophagy process that occurs provides up to 30% of a plants total nitrogen requirement. Read that again. This completely natural process that is responsible for root hair growth, can provide as much as 30% of a plants total nitrogen requirement. You don’t even need to provide N for this to happen, the bacteria take it right out of the air!

Not only that, during the process the bacteria are stripped of their cell walls which the plant again is able to take up the nutrients from that. I haven’t even touched on trichome and bacteria relationships yet and how to provide a very unique and high quality flower worthy of the word terroir. We’ll chat about that too, don’t worry.

These endophytes are why a coco grower can use a myco product like Great White and still see fantastic results. The bacteria in the great white enable the plant to build root hairs it wouldn’t otherwise be capable of building. This of course means greater water and nutrient uptake which leads to better plants. So those who are still skeptical about my myco claims can now understand why even though I said it wouldn’t work, they’re still seeing results. This also reinforces my point that it’s much more beneficial for synthetic growers to spend that myco money on bacteria specific products. You will get vastly more value from a bacteria product than a myco bacteria mix.

That’s a lot of information to hit some people with so we will break there to let it digest. As always, I have sources for those interested in more and am always open to questions and discussions!
Most bacteria are pathogenic and harmful. Check info

Most bacteria are pathogenic and harmful. Check info

That’s not true, you may want to check your info.
IMG_7634.jpeg

Quite a bit of our knowledge on bacteria has changed quite rapidly these last 10-15 years.

Root rot for instance

I’ll gladly read any studies or papers proving your claim but as it stands, my most current knowledge directly contradicts your stance.

That’s not true, you may want to check your info.
IMG_7634.jpeg

Quite a bit of our knowledge on bacteria has changed quite rapidly these last 10-15 years.

Then there’s this as well:
IMG_7635.jpeg

I have spent a whole lot of time reading books, studies, research papers, and watching lectures, presentations, and conferences about bacteria. What we’ve learned over the last 10-15 years dwarfs almost everything We’ve ever learned about anything ever. Once we sequenced the human genome the game changed completely.

Then there’s this as well:
IMG_7635.jpeg

I have spent a whole lot of time reading books, studies, research papers, and watching lectures, presentations, and conferences about bacteria. What we’ve learned over the last 10-15 years dwarfs almost everything We’ve ever learned about anything ever. Once we sequenced the human genome the game changed completely.
Not in stomach.
Here is one sent to me the other day about the "sterilization" properties of h2o2 and why it's useful during germination
Here is another on both pathogenic and beneficial microbials.

Not in stomach.
Here is one sent to me the other day about the "sterilization" properties of h2o2 and why it's useful during germination
Here is another on both pathogenic and beneficial microbials.

Cool studies, I love how they break them down for easier reading.

The first one linked is comparing sterile methods to water only. There’s no mention of germination naturally and there’s no mention of it being more efficient than natural. It’s just a comparison of sterile germination techniques for biotechnological applications which is not what we are doing when growing organic cannabis. This isn’t applicable in my situation.

The second study you linked also doesn’t support the claim that most bacteria are harmful and pathogenic. It’s a summary of knowledge on how plants can monitor and react to microorganism using pattern recognition. It actually even says in the study that pathogens can be beneficial.

The study illustrates the mechanism plants use to allow rhizophagy bacteria to create root hairs. If it weren’t for the plants ability to recognize these patterns it wouldn’t happen.

Here’s an awesome study with images showing bacteria performing the rhizophagy cycle for those interested. They literally enter the roots, get super oxidized by the plant then explode out the tip of the root driving root hair growth. Without these rhizophagy bacteria that you get from on and in the seed, you don’t get root hairs:

Plants loved their watering. @Roy Growin you can already see the internodal spacing in the last picture. She’ll be tall

IMG_7636.jpeg

IMG_7637.jpeg

IMG_7638.jpeg

IMG_7639.jpeg

I keep my lights closer since I can't afford the height later on.

I can’t bring my lights any closer or I’ll burn them. I’ll be able to adjust to this down the road whether it’s keeping them in smaller containers for longer or maybe some aggressive training. The strain itself is definitely a taller strain according to the site:

IMG_7640.jpeg

In your situation this would probably be an excellent candidate for some quad lining or manifolding.

You can always bury them deeper on up-pot. Added bonus is they'll grow new roots along the buried stems just like tomatoes.

I do quad them out. Usually I'm working with clones that aren't quite as pretty a quad, but still work fine.

I've got a Wedding Cake seedling about a day behind yours so it's fun to watch them progress.

You can always bury them deeper on up-pot. Added bonus is they'll grow new roots along the buried stems just like tomatoes.

I do quad them out. Usually I'm working with clones that aren't quite as pretty a quad, but still work fine.

I've got a Wedding Cake seedling about a day behind yours so it's fun to watch them progress.

I was thinking about burying the stem. I think I’ll go half and half (half the plants buried the other half my original way) because I do also like to keep the transplant above the soil line a little bit. My reason for this is, the roots around the edge of the container are used to getting air, especially the cups with holes. When I drop a transplant into a new container, all those outer roots that were used to getting oxygen suddenly no longer have any access to it. Having them sit slightly above the soil line allows them to get a little bit of air so the transplant process isn’t so abrupt for them

When I drop a transplant into a new container, all those outer roots that were used to getting oxygen suddenly no longer have any access to it. Having them sit slightly above the soil line allows them to get a little bit of air so the transplant process isn’t so abrupt for them
They adjust pretty quickly, especially if you don't saturate the plant soon after the up-pot.

And the roots getting the extra O2 are in a really thin slice of the soil volume. The ones at the very edge dry out and that's what forces the root branching further up-stream, and the ones deeper in are used to the lower, and more normal, oxygen levels.

Worth a side-by-side experiment for sure, but I'd be surprised if it matters much at all.

Back
Top Bottom