Purple Ghost Candy By Seedsman: Comparative Grow 2024 By Gwhunran

Those are some nice looking sprouts. 5-for-5 in the cubes!
I was joking about the seed sprouting. 🙄 Before I'd planted the MAC, I was 100% on seed sprouting since Vanilla Kush, where I got 2/3 and grew cuttings from one of them. :hmmmm:
All four of the MAC ended up sprouting:cheesygrinsmiley: and now all five of the Purple Ghost Candy have.:oops::love::bong:

Thanks for the info, GW. Does having the reservoir under the plants hinder how tall the plants can grow? That was my biggest concern with the reservoir.
The little diy is not deep at all.:hmmmm: The pots pretty much sit on the air hoses. I wouldn't try to finish one in the little tupperware.:hmmmm: Not enough room for roots. 🙄 You lose about 7-8 inches from the tupperware reservoir.:)

The flood and drain in the big room.
The Reservoir, tray, and tray cover are 36"/ 91cm above the floor. :) I have 8 foot/244cm to the ceiling, so subtract a foot for the light max. :hmmmm::)

The little diy is not deep at all.:hmmmm: The pots pretty much sit on the air hoses. I wouldn't try to finish one in the little tupperware.:hmmmm: Not enough room for roots. 🙄 You lose about 7-8 inches from the tupperware reservoir.:)

The flood and drain in the big room.
The Reservoir, tray, and tray cover are 36"/ 91cm above the floor. :) I have 8 foot/244cm to the ceiling, so subtract a foot for the light max. :hmmmm::)

Thanks. It was the flood and drain reservoir I'm concerned about. I only have about 6.5 to 7 feet of space altogether in each tent. I have seen that you can get a reservoir and situate in outside the tent so that might be an option if I go that route.

Thanks. It was the flood and drain reservoir I'm concerned about. I only have about 6.5 to 7 feet of space altogether in each tent. I have seen that you can get a reservoir and situate in outside the tent so that might be an option if I go that route.
You could definitely do it with a reservoir outside. :) Just make sure to keep things water tight.:rolleyes:and use gravity as much as possible.:) I super aerate the reservoir mainly to keep it from going stale/sour,:hmmmm: as I don't use a chiller. My tray just has wet roots in it between floods, so they get plenty of O2.:cheesygrinsmiley:🤠:bong:

Purple Ghost Candy
Day 9 from seed

The little seedlings are still doing fine. They had enough roots sticking out that it's time to put them into the little diy DWC for a few days and then into the flood and drain tray.
The little diy DWC was filled with 2.5 gallons of water with the recommended amounts of General Hydroponics three part liquid nutes for Seedlings. HydroGard was added in the recommended amounts and the solution was PHed to 6.0-6.5.

PGC day 9 from seed (1).JPG
Purple Ghost Candy. Day 9 from seed planting.

PGC day 9 from seed (2).JPG

Purple Ghost Candy. Day 9 from seed planting.

Purple Ghost Candy
Day 5 veg.

The little ones continue to slowly develop. :)
Tomorrow seems like a good time to move them to the big room. The flood and drain with the big light and more room to spread out.🤠

The reservoir was prepared today and will tested again during this afternoons check for PH.
I've decided to name my grow rooms. Sally and Sue. In reference to a Jackson Browne song from my youth, from the album, Running on Empty. "Sally and Sue, there ain't no difference between the two".:cheesygrinsmiley: PGC will be in Sally.:):bong:

PGC day 5 veg (1).JPG

Purple Ghost Candy. Day 5 veg. Last full day in the little diy DWC.

PGC day 5 veg (3).JPG

Purple Ghost Candy. Day 5 veg. Last full day in the little diy DWC. :)

Sally PGC grow startup 2024 (1).JPG

Filling a starting reservoir for the PGC. All the nutrients measured and ready.

Sally PGC grow startup 2024 (2).JPG

Reservoir prepared and running. At overflow, in picture. Water can be seen flowing back into the reservoir from the overflow hose inside.

Sally PGC grow startup 2024 (3).JPG

A look inside the reservoir at an overflow state. The tray is full, the overflow is draining back into the tote reservoir.

Sally PGC grow startup 2024 (4).JPG

One of the panels that were put up to get gear off the floor. Much neater and easier to walk around too. :rolleyes:

Purple Ghost Candy
Day 6 veg.

The grow area (Sally) was found to be running normally this morning and the reservoir PH was in the desired range, so the plants were moved into the big room. The flood and drain is where they will finish. :)
I have been and will continue to run a light cycle of 16.5 on/7.5 off during veg. cycle.

The water pump in the reservoir is on a mechanical timer that will run for 15 minutes and be off for one hour and forty-five minutes on a repeating cycle during lights on and run once or twice during lights out. Probably not necessary but I've always done it that way. :rolleyes::bong:

Let the fun begin. :cheesygrinsmiley:🤠

PGC day 6 veg (1).JPG

Purple Ghost Candy by Seedsman, Day 6 veg.

PGC day 6 veg (2).JPG

Purple Ghost Candy by Seedsman, Day 6 veg. Oh, @HashGirl I decided to run five.:) I'm going to try and slowly twist the front two as they grow.:hmmmm::)

Purple Ghost Candy
Day 8 veg.

The grow area is running normally. :)

It looks like they are starting to feed now from the flood and drain, looking at the new growth. A week from now they will have a lot more roots and leaves. :)

We'll see how the front plants handle being twisted together.:hmmmm: I wouldn't try it in soil, but they should feed okay without the roots choking each other in the open tray hydro.

PGC day 8 veg (1).JPG

Purple Ghost Candy, day 8 veg.

PGC day 8 veg (2).JPG

Purple Ghost Candy, day 8 veg. Note twisted pair in front.

PGC day 8 veg (3).JPG

Purple Ghost Candy, day 8 veg. Closeup of twisted pair.

PGC day 8 veg (4).JPG

Purple Ghost Candy, day 8 veg. Overhead of twisted pair. :)

:cheesygrinsmiley:
This should be interesting! From what I've experienced already, the leaves are huge and the plants have actually stayed rather short and bushy! Watching with both eyes! 😁

20240408_104608.jpg

bean-mr.gif
Let's hope for some stretch. If they stay short and bushy it will be a real challenge with the twisted sisters.:hmmmm::oops:

Purple Ghost Candy
Day 10 veg.

The grow area is running normally. :) I mention this at intro, just to say that all the equipment is running as expected with no malfunctions.

I getting new growth for sure and the back three are looking a little lanky,:) I hope they continue the stretchy growth. :hmmmm: It'll make it easier to spread them out on the screen. :) The plants look good. A fan was added facing the Twisted Sisters in front. It's still turned way down, but is giving the plants that little wobble to strengthen them.🤠

PGC day 10 veg (1).JPG

Purple Ghost Candy, Day 10 veg.

PGC day 10 veg (3).JPG

PGC day 10 veg (2).JPG

PGC day 10 veg (4).JPG

Purple Ghost Candy, Day 10 veg. Twisted Sisters :)

PGC day 10 veg (5).JPG

Purple Ghost Candy, Day 10 veg. Twisted Sisters :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for the DWC lesson! Your Purple Ghost Candies are all doing great! Twisted Sisters will be fun to watch!
I will try and explain myself better on my journals. I've been running flood and drains for several years and sometimes forget that hydro can get confusing to many.:rolleyes: In many ways it's simpler; H2O versus soil with it's diverse makeup.
I'm hoping the Twisted Sisters attempt will work out. :hmmmm: I've seen lots of plants in the wild grow twisted together, and it should be easier on the roots in hydro.:hmmmm: It will be neat to see the two trunks twist into one. that's what I'm after.:)
Looking good in there @gwhunran :passitleft:
Thanks Mocha, I've got a good handle on the grow environment a long as the Power Co. does their job. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Purple Ghost Candy
Day 10 veg.

The grow area is running normally. :) I mention this at intro, just to say that all the equipment is running as expected with no malfunctions.

I getting new growth for sure and the back three are looking a little lanky,:) I hope they continue the stretchy growth. :hmmmm: It'll make it easier to spread them out on the screen. :) The plants look good. A fan was added facing the Twisted Sisters in front. It's still turned way down, but is giving the plants that little wobble to strengthen them.🤠

PGC day 10 veg (1).JPG

PGC day 10 veg (3).JPG

PGC day 10 veg (2).JPG

PGC day 10 veg (4).JPG

Purple Ghost Candy, Day 10 veg. Twisted Sisters :)

PGC day 10 veg (5).JPG

Purple Ghost Candy, Day 10 veg. Twisted Sisters :cheesygrinsmiley:
Looking good mate off to a great start 👍

Looking good mate off to a great start 👍
Thanks Absorber, :) these have been real easy so far. They look like they will be tall, rather than compact, but it's early.:hmmmm::rolleyes:
Always looking good 💯 keep it up!
Thanks OG, they've been easy. :) This will be my first grow, trying to keep the PH in the 6-6.5 range. I've always run in the 5s and I think it's caused me some problems with calcium uptake when the plants get large.:hmmmm::rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom