Yep, it was male flowers :)
Vietnamese Hoa Bac Silver Flower (a.k.a. Vietnamese Mindfuck):

0013203.JPG

I chopped it this morning:

0023103.JPG

These buds are slightly wispy and smell like wood (weakly):

0032973.JPG
0042774.JPG

I cut most of the weed off this second plant and left a few nugs for reveg; if it takes, cool:

0052607.JPG

It smells more on the fruity side and stronger smelling too:

0062316.JPG
0072163.JPG

Sent from my teepee using smoke signals.

I'm smokin' one of those Vietnamese Mindfuck doobs right now it ain't even cured yet it's barely dried they're the popcorn buds and I still got a good buzz glad I decided to do a reveg on one :) I know where I can get more seeds (regular ones too) but I hope I don't have to and the reveg takes. On a scale of one to ten I give this strain a Dave's not here! :thumb:

Probably, with my luck :) Well, after taking the top of both Hoa Bac plants off and smoking on all this weed some, I still managed to pull 1.5 oz.:

0013221.JPG
0023118.JPG

It's good smoke I sure hope the reveg takes. I'll get some Loa Sativa pics up soon; those plants are looking rough! :)

Lao Sativa:

0032997.JPG
0042796.JPG

Dang I did bad with these! :(

From what I'm finding, the narrower the leaf, the touchier they are. You still have a nice green color to the fans. The very narrow leaf ones are supposed to want almost no N. Have you been figuring that in with your feeding? I'm not certain of how happy frog feed works.

Also, while I was going back and checking what medium you use, I read the description of these. They are seeds from farmers in Laos. Ace didn't work the line like most of their strains, which normally results in wild looking plants.

I personally think it's a lovely plant.

Two thumbs WAY UP .. for mucking with that Viet landrace!!
Unfortunately, we can't replicate the sun adequately to finish the friggin' things indoors but it's always fun to watch people grow 'em!

-Doc

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

In the Spring I'm going to do a few more (not sure what yet), but yeah I agree definitely no N in bloom. The first three weeks will be just soilless, then the next 3-6 weeks will be FF's bulb food 3-8-8 and soilless. Whenever they start to show flowers, I'll transplant them into big pots and use bat guano 0-7-0 with the same soilless. I'll top dress with the same guano a few times and that's it. N messes these thin leaf plants up.

What's the high like. I had a client/patient request an "Asian sativa". The last pure sativa I grew was Dr. Grinspoon.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

What's the high like. I had a client/patient request an "Asian sativa". The last pure sativa I grew was Dr. Grinspoon.

I'm keeping it mostly for the yield. I'm probably not the best guy to ask because a buzz is a buzz to me. I can say that the high equals anything else I've grown. I don't know what medical properties it could have but for me it doesn't seem to have any. The quick drying from being wispy and all the small stems that are hard to separate from the pot make for a harsh smoke (I've read that Haze dominant strains can be harsh).

Asian sativas will typically be an energetic, clear headed buzz. They tend to have very narrow leaves, so they can be picky about nutrients, N especially. If you're wanting something easier to grow, Ace has orient express which is a cross of China yunan which is an Asian indica that has sativa expressions crossed with Vietnam black, which is a landrace sativa. So it has the SE Asian sativa flavors and buzz, but is much easier to grow than a landrace. I have yet to try it myself, but the reviews all sound great. And it hasn't been one of Ace's most popular strains for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom