Legal & Laid-Back in Colorado - Indoor Soil Grow With CFLs

re: Legal & Laid-Back in Colorado - Indoor Soil Grow With CFLs

Thanks ! You live in such an awesome state. We love the never summer mountains, Marble, Denver, well just the whole great state !!!:thanks:
After living in CA (always summer/spring), and then moving to the Colorado Rocky Mountains 11 years ago, there's not a day I regret it!!!
I woke up to 4 1/2 inches of snow and beautiful blue skies!

Although, I must say I loved my backyard vegetable garden, year round (but couldn't grow MJ)! But it was miserable tending to her in the HOT sun and humidity!

After living in CA (always summer/spring), and then moving to the Colorado Rocky Mountains 11 years ago, there's not a day I regret it!!!
I woke up to 4 1/2 inches of snow and beautiful blue skies!

Although, I must say I loved my backyard vegetable garden, year round (but couldn't grow MJ)! But it was miserable tending to her in the HOT sun and humidity!

Hey PinkyGreen :ciao:
We went camping a few years ago and were on the Never Summer area of Rocky Mountain Park. It was July, in a tent with our old puppy girl. It snowed on us, the elk were right outside of our tent (very happy old girl did not wake up), next year we bought a trailer. The old girl is very happy now. It was a great trip even with the snow. Cali is also a great state. We camped in Sequoia National Park, Beauty beyond belief ! We ended our trip camping on the beach. Really, Wow !

:Namaste:

I moved here after a decade in Tucson and I couldn't be happier (I loved Arizona but it's terribly hot). I've lived in Colorado over two decades, and I can't imagine living anywhere else.

looking very nice how far into flower are you?

These pics were taken at 35 days in 12/12 lighting, 96 days after planting the seeds. My last grow the final harvest was taken at about 80-85 days in 12/12. So, maybe six weeks more till then end.

Which will be just in time to start tomato seedlings for my summer garden, so it's perfect.

Looking good. Nice to see more Colorado growers here. I live by Chatfield Lake in Jeffco. Do you plan on fim or topping them?

Hey PinkyGreen :ciao:
We went camping a few years ago and were on the Never Summer area of Rocky Mountain Park. It was July, in a tent with our old puppy girl. It snowed on us, the elk were right outside of our tent (very happy old girl did not wake up), next year we bought a trailer. The old girl is very happy now. It was a great trip even with the snow. Cali is also a great state. We camped in Sequoia National Park, Beauty beyond belief ! We ended our trip camping on the beach. Really, Wow !

:Namaste:
Cali does have beautiful parks and beaches, it's just so over priced, and so many crazy laws! My family is still there. In fact I will be leaving Sunday for a week in Cali! Not looking forward to the 80's, but definitely looking forward to seeing my daughter! She's a beach girl, doesn't like the snow :-(

I have many beautiful memories riding on the back of my dad's Honda 350 through Sequoia National Park! Small world! :Namaste::peace:

Looking good. Nice to see more Colorado growers here. I live by Chatfield Lake in Jeffco. Do you plan on fim or topping them?
You are an hour from me, but I shop that area from time to time. :)
Loving CO!:circle-of-love:

No, I use the low-stress method of training on them. Works well so far.

We're near Standley Lake northwest of Denver. I love it up here.

And here we are at 112 days since planting, 51 days under 12/12 lighting. Buds are growing strong. I give full-strength BioThrive Bloom every other watering. No salts on the soil, no signs of deficiencies.

I have started to see a couple of fungus gnats every evening. They seem to hatch just after the lights go out for the day. So far not enough to worry about. Last time they were terrible so I'm keeping a close eye on my soil.

Here's the over all view.

G2-112days-overall.jpg

And a couple of bud close-ups. Pistils are starting to brown, but the trichomes are all clear so far.

G2-112days-bud1.jpg

G2-112days-bud2.jpg

Second pic is darker because the flash didn't go off. The colors aren't actually all that different.

Just waiting on them to mature now. Easy peasy.

Harvesting a little as the buds show some amber. I prefer that they not get too much THC, so I harvest a bit early.

G2-141-harvest.jpg

So far I've taken six buds for about 37 g. damp weight. That's only a few of the buds on the two plants though.

g2-141-full.jpg

I estimate about 30 terminal buds on the plants. And many small buds that popped from sites along the stem.

g2-141-repeat-buds.jpg

Everywhere I've cut a bud there are more below that continue to grow. I think I'll be real happy with the volume overall.

I need to finish this batch by the end of March so I can start my tomatoes and peppers for the summer garden! I'm always so eager for spring this time of year.

Harvesting a little as the buds show some amber. I prefer that they not get too much THC, so I harvest a bit early.

G2-141-harvest.jpg

So far I've taken six buds for about 37 g. damp weight. That's only a few of the buds on the two plants though.

g2-141-full.jpg

I estimate about 30 terminal buds on the plants. And many small buds that popped from sites along the stem.

g2-141-repeat-buds.jpg

Everywhere I've cut a bud there are more below that continue to grow. I think I'll be real happy with the volume overall.

I need to finish this batch by the end of March so I can start my tomatoes and peppers for the summer garden! I'm always so eager for spring this time of year.

Hey, how's the weather in wonderful Colorado ! I can't wait for winter to be over so I can also start my veggies. Lovely pics !
:ciao:

use diatomaceous earth and spread a thin layer of it on the top of the soil. its non toxic and acts like a giant field of broken glass when the bugs try to move through it. Kills fungus gnats almost instantly. Use the kind for houses and plants NOT the kind for pool filters.

Hey, how's the weather in wonderful Colorado ! I can't wait for winter to be over so I can also start my veggies. Lovely pics !
:ciao:

Hey Ms. Badger! Weather has been up and down. Looking at a few inches of snow tonight. I hope spring comes soon, but I really have to get my seedlings started :)

Hey folks! I wanted to let you know the final outcome of this grow. I have been harvesting the main colas over the past couple weeks. That total, trimmed damp weight, came to 5.4 ounces.

And I let the secondary buds grow on, until yesterday when I did a final chop. Here are a couple pics of the secondary buds. You can see there are a lot of them. Just the trimming took me a couple hours.

G2-Final.jpg

G2-Final-buds.jpg

The secondary buds, trimmed damp weight, came to just over nine ounces, for a total of 14.5 ounces damp weight. Dried and cured, the weight will drop by half at least. I also have a big bag of shake leaves, and at least another ounce of bud trim in my kief box.

I'm very happy with this harvest. The buds smelled almost of diesel or tar while growing, but on cutting them there was a bright citrus scent in the air. Mr. Legal is going to experiment with some edibles this time, and we're looking forward to that.

I had no trouble with the fungus gnats in this grow, only had a bit of fertilizer salts start showing towards the end so I stopped fertilizing at that point.

One of the 60-watt CFLs died on me, which means that bulb had a disappointingly short life. I think before I grow again I'm going to replace the two 60-watt fixtures with another 125-watt Fluorowing. The light is so much brighter from that one and it seems more reliable as well.

The grow ended at 175 days from seed. Next up are my tomatoes and peppers for the summer garden, so I won't start another grow until July at least. I hope you all have a wonderful, stony summer!

nice buds my man :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom