Light debate unplugged

We'll have to go our seperate ways on the heat output of the 315lec... I did speak with Spock, he said "It's illogical to think 315 watts would put out as much heat as 1000 watts".... just saying:Namaste:
You could run two 315s on a light mover and get as much as a 1000watt light, and still have power to spare..

no need to go separate ways. I too believe it is illogical. as I said before, I need more time with it.

the eventual plan is to run a second 4x8 tent with mover and lec as well as the first. that's why I got into them to begin with. the led was a lucky draw.

I am actually much pleased with my move to LED lights. I am finding that they run well and by using several medium models I am getting better coverage than one giant. That is except on my giant Perfect Sun 1000 but that is on a lightmover and uses 520 watts. A hidden benefit of LED light is I run the grow room hotter than I used to with HPS. Before I was running 78-80. Now with LED the plants are happy at 81-84.

the question I guess for you then shiggity is this, are you supplementing the giant with other lights as well? or are you happy with the quantity/quality you are getting off the one light alone?

the way you wrote it, my assumption is that the several mediums are in one area and the giant in another.

They are all in a line together with the giant in between the Eshines and a 600w hps. The idea is I get to see how the big light plays with other lights. I always felt when I just had hps and Eshines alternating that the best buds came at the LED/HPS junction. Like the effects of each light synergistically worked together.
It looks kind of interesting seeing all the different spectra.

P5090794.JPG
P5090796.JPG
image11744.jpeg
image11745.jpeg

sweet space shiggity.

I see how they are setup now. all one space.

I think the ideal test would be to run two Eshines vs the Perfect Sun 1000. Each eshine is 265 actual watts and the PerfectSun is 510watts. Not exact but fairly close. Then I could see the opposite ends as eshine vs PerfectSun, and the center as blended because all would be on movers. Now that I have the agramover I can just get a trolley for the Eshines.

I would really love having two of these Perfect Suns. For a great comparison I could keep the grow as is just lengthen it. I could grow all Twister monoculture and compare the two Perfect Suns (1020watts), 4 Eshines (1060), and a 1000W HPS. It would have to be fall as that would be too much juice in the summertime.

As far as final setup I would run 3 pairs of Eshines (I have six) at 12-15", alternating symmetrically with the 2 PS 1000s. Then in winter I would add a couple 600w HPS for heat/light.

a second mover going the opposite way would be cool.

so 2 perfect suns on one and the 6 eshines on the other.

have your speeds set so they never overlap each other at the same point over the grow.

What I really need is an airport conveyor belt with an orange entrance portal at the end of the conveyor and a blue exit portal at the beginning. Then you could just keep the lights still.(Yes I am a dork and have played the game Portal.) Of course though the energy cost of maintaining such a setup would make for a very sad grams/watt ratio.

wouldn't it be cheaper to train a bunch of monkeys to just move the plants around all day? get cheapo overripe bananas for pay, lmfao.

could get away with one light for a huge garden then lol.

aahhhhh co2 good.....poop=no ferts to buy. as for the face ripping part......just hafta enter yer garden like Jason all the time....with a full mask on.lol

When you say the 315lec puts out as much heat as your 1000 watt light, i'm sure you mean it adds as much heat as your enclosed, air cooled, 1000 watt light adds to the room.. ... I just finished running 2 315w lights... For my needs they're just perfect... One plant, one light... I can easily live with the yields [and the heat] i get from 2 315w lec lights.. $4$ i'll take the 315 lec over led...
Dr. Fish,
I'm reading this 3 or so mos. later, and am wondering if the 315 lec is working for you . I just bought the nanalux lec cmh 630w, and i'm having a problem with not enough height !! When they say 3 feet from canopy, they mean it. Not because of heat, but the light intensity . it's also hotter running than advertized. gonna try and make it work, but need more head room . Ha !!

415friendly,
I have the 630w lec cmh and I can tell you that I've I can't use this light when temp gets up to about 70F. I'm sucking in fresh outside air that's 34f, and my tent temp is 78. So in my mind, all that BS that the mfg. is telling us is all a lie. My other issue is if one bulb burns out while I'm away, light shuts down. Which overpaid genius engineer designed this ?? Not a pot grower for sure, if one bulb goes out while I'm in bumf--k, Idaho, visiting my mom for a few days, then my plants are in the dark. The other issue is that hanger they provide. It causes the light to set at least a ft. from the top of tent, so i had to ditch that and chain the light to the top. And trust me when I tell you to never get this light closer than 3 ft. of canopy!! Haven't got in a full grow with it yet, I'm 6 days into 12/12 as we speak. I have a journal, check it out .

Back
Top Bottom