No matter where you get them from
You won't be disappointed using them for your lighting choice
What he said!!!!!

Yeah I'm looking at them now trying to figure out the best one for my tent
Probably take three or more

You have a big space, so plan accordingly

Edit

It's just 4x8, so easy for two lights or a diy build

Thanks my friend @Stunned I’ll put her to the test. Im going to do the Seedsman gelatog and fast fem white widow they sponsored me with some goodies and some seeds form tangerine/rhino mix. For a total of 4 rdwc buckets. We will put that 600+ to the test.

This was stolen from Royal Queen seeds blog from July 2016 for your reading pleasure

The exact purpose and role that cannabinoids such as THC and CBD have in cannabis plants is still not entirely understood. Research, however, suggests that cannabinoids are a type of natural defence mechanism. It is believed that cannabis plants produce cannabinoids to ward off and defend against pests, diseases, and ultraviolet radiation. As such, recent studies have theorised that increasing UV exposure could cause more cannabinoid production in cannabis as a defensive measure – increasing potency and resin production.

We know that the most potent weed that grows naturally can be found in elevated mountainous areas around the world. Worthy to mention here, would be the growing hashish production areas in the Rif Mountains of Morocco, the Beqaa Valley of Lebanon, and the Hindu Kush. These areas have several noteworthy things in common: they are all close to the 30 °N latitude on the globe, they have the perfect marijuana-growing climate, an abundance of sunshine, and most importantly, they are located at high altitude. This means that plants receive substantially higher amounts of UV radiation – they higher you go, the greater the exposure. UVB is a part of the sun's natural light, so all outdoors plants get it to some degree.

Knowing this, scientists have gone a step further. Researchers from Maryland did a comparison of cannabis plants grown with and without additional ultraviolet radiation exposure. It was found that certain cannabis strains that were already high in THC produced almost 28% more THC when exposed to UVB light. Oddly enough, the experiment did not lead to an increase of CBD in CBD-rich strains. These results strongly suggest a link between UVB radiation and THC, hinting at that increased THC production may play a role in protecting the plant from UV radiation.

HOW YOU CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE FINDINGS
Since we now know UVB radiation could greatly increase the potency of our crops, we can take advantage of this knowledge. With supplemental light bulbs that generate UVB radiation similar to natural UV light, we can supply greater amounts of UV light to our plants for increased potency.

Small and affordable UVB-emitting "reptile lights" can often be found in pet stores, as some reptiles need UV light. You can also do an internet search for those types of supplemental UV lamps. Some newer grow lights may even come with an integrated UV light. For the average micro or mini grow-op, those supplemental UV lights don’t have to be large. A single reptile light (or “desert light” as they are sometimes called) can be sufficient if you want to supplement some UV light to boost your crops’ THC content. Outdoors, there is little you can do to boost UV, other than grow up a mountain! Either way, the fact that UV could play an important role is an interesting discovery, showing just how much we still have to learn about this wondrous plant

I have 2 15w t5 uvb bulbs built right into my led fixture. If you do run uvb be careful they will burn your plants. I run mine the last 2 or 3 weeks of flower for the 4hrs in the middle of my bloom cycle. I've noticed a nice increase of trich production running them that way. Good luck with the light set up !!

I have a 96x48x78 grow tent I have 2 800 watt bestva led lights people are telling me I should put lizard lights in there how many should I use and what kind uvb ir uv uva so confusing and I have 8 plants
Not sure about the lizard lights, but what I know is, maybe you should check the real wattage of the lights first? If that is real 800w lights, then it is great, but if the real wattage is not 800w, maybe you also need extra lights as well,. LED grow lights needs 35~50w/sft real wattage for good growing result. :Namaste: Just a little advice think you might need to know.

I have 2 15w t5 uvb bulbs built right into my led fixture. If you do run uvb be careful they will burn your plants. I run mine the last 2 or 3 weeks of flower for the 4hrs in the middle of my bloom cycle. I've noticed a nice increase of trich production running them that way. Good luck with the light set up !!
Not sure about the lizard lights, but what I know is, maybe you should check the real wattage of the lights first? If that is real 800w lights, then it is great, but if the real wattage is not 800w, maybe you also need extra lights as well,. LED grow lights needs 35~50w/sft real wattage for good growing result. :Namaste: Just a little advice think you might need to know.
Every thing is so confusing it's a 800 watt bestva double chipped ir my figure is right that's only 180 watt so I have 2 of them so that only 360 together and I have 32 square of growing space

You have a pretty good sized tent, coverage is gunna cost $$$$ no matter what you do

Best thing is to test it yerself

Get a easy Phone Lumins app, and test the spread of the Light

Every thing is so confusing it's a 800 watt bestva double chipped ir my figure is right that's only 180 watt so I have 2 of them so that only 360 together and I have 32 square of growing space
I know, there are many companies sell products with exaggerate info in order to sell good, :( which is understandable but for customers, might be really misleading sometimes.:(You can grow first with those two lights. if need more lights, just add more lights in will be fine. :green_heart: Usually I don't do judgement on other brands lights, but from my deep heart, I thought I should remind you up this thing, so you have an idea that you can prepare something and avoid bad yields in advance. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom