Lion n' Witch Garden

Sup GfC. Been a while since I dropped by. Everything looks great! Was looking into getting into vaping but was looking for the flame powered vapes like the vapman or the lotus. How are ya liking the mars II? I'm looking into vegging with t5s. Got an area of 5't x 4'w x 3'd and putting some 4' t5s. Keep up the great work man.

hey WreckNRoll!! thanks for stopping by the garden! i do have a butane powered vaporized (iolite) that i use on hikes. it has a metal element that gets heated up from the butane and works great. i got it about 4 years ago for 125$ and it still works great but i dont use it but about once a week.

the mars 2 1600 has been great, the only thing i would advise is if you have a small grow area the light may generate to much heat. a bigger blower or a well ventilated area will be good enough, my temps linger around 82 with fan on.

i did just get a 6.5 x 6.5 tent and will be putting T5's inside there. however the ones i want are 350 each so i may just put my 600 and some T5 in there till i get them.

in that small of a area i would recommend going with a 3w led unless you have a good ventilation setup.

do you plan to start a journal??

I&i

Yea I prob wont do BHO its to dangerous anyways.. to bad the machines for Co2 is so dang expensive tho guess ill have to do alcohol and dry ice bubble hash till I can save for one of those 10k+ machines for Co2

if i get the clear extract down ill post how to do so in my extract journal. winterized ive already put the steps in that thread. bubble hash i havent done for years..

I&i

Awesome feedback gfc. Thanks for all the input. I'm definately going to apply that knowledge when considering my options. Unfortunatel, I have to hold off on my journal. I ordered 15 seeds from Attitude and my order was seized!!! I didn't get the guaranteed shipping so you already know how that ended. I'm going to get started with some local clones. I'll let you know when that ball gets rolling. Have to now save up and recover my losses. Til then I'm gonna sit back n look at those beautiful buds grow! :popcorn:

Hey GFC. Just read the latest 420mag article and it says Washington is illegal with home grows. Is this true?

hey there 710420, what article was it that you read? can you link it in this thread?

the only article ive read as of late is talking about how the state growers want to sue medical growers for growing and honestly i didnt even read the article so the title could have just led me to believe thats what they were talking about. As of march 2014 wasghinton legislator did not come to an agreement on the issue of medical marijuana. So the law was left un touched from previous years. Coming march 2015 washington legislator is trying to pass a bill to limit medical growers from 15 plants (grown in home) to 6 plants (grown in home). we shall see what happens in march 15..

However i do recall hearing through the grape vines that they were trying to enforce grows within 1000 feet of a park, library, or school. since the only part of the industry being enforced is collective "gardens" which are the shops (are suppose to hold the 45 plants)

the way washington medical works is kind of janky compared to others. i can care give for a patients 15 plants, but i cant grow my 15 on top of that, in city limits, without notifying the police. (can cause heart attack)
now you can grow your own 15 or be a care giver and care for 15 plants without being a collective garden, but you should notify the police..

the only case in washington state im aware of for growing that is being prosecuted right now is the kettle falls 5, group. they were growing i want to say 75 plants when your limit in washington for a collective garden is 45. they also had guns and alot of shiny objects on their property. so when the local cops pulled in, they chopped their plants down to 45 (didnt let them pick which ones) they then did what they are suppose to in this case, and wrote a letter to the DEA telling them about this grow and how they had almost twice their legal limit to state laws and had alot of vehicles on the lot. so shortly after the cops pulling in, the DEA pulled up and chopped all the plants down seized all their property and they have been locked up ever since.

now on the washington medical license it states, that the recommendation is clearly just a doctors signature backing you, if you end up in court. so for instance,

i get caught up, land in court. they will have pictures of my car, house (outside and in), cloths, count my money, any fancy tech gear like my grow equipment and they will search for guns. when they find no guns or any thing other then my grow and the devices i use to smoke out of they would write it all down and send it it. if they felt like i was growing for a profit or could prove i was doing it not for medical practices then i could be in trouble.

so i guess im saying, in washington thanks to kent.. technically all medical is illegal since we have no solid registered data base. the court proved that no collective could properly operate without patients being registered with the state of washington. which none of us are, we all are just lone wolfs with a recommendation from the one of hundreds of doctors. so in 2015 i can see us having a registered data base for all patients. so your license is what you want to have if you end up in court, you can say this doctor put his name and degree on the line to say he believes i should use cannabis over pharmaceuticals and i feel the same. then ask for a jury of your peers and let them know it was for you and your patients (if you care for) and if they feel your telling the truth, i dont worry.

I&i

I was reading last night and lost it. I was checking some of the articles and couldn't find it, but search google and it did have some confusing statements .

With Washington it states you cannot grow recreationally, but under medical you need to have a license to grow. I knew you are in Washington. I wanted to know from a local like yourself how the local laws are effecting you and your work that you do.

Do you feel restricted by the law?
Sorry I could not get the article. I read it last night super high and now all I see in my head is that one sentence where it says in washigton you cant grow for rec.

Hope that the laws will get straight and you can continue to do good work. Thanks for the reply. Hope to see you soon.

Edit: Oregon; Its time to legalize, paragraph 5 last sentence. This is where the questions started in my head!

hey there 710420,

yes washingtons recreational doesnt mean that everyone can grow in their homes. washington is trying to pass a new bill that will allow all residents to grow in their homes (my thoughts on this, i might have some in 10 years when its closer to being a real thought).. i do look forward to the day when anyone can grow the plant like its suppose to be

Yes, under RCW 69.51A us medical patients are allowed to grow 15 plants and up to 45 in a collective garden (as long as all three currently valid license are posted on the facility). Trust me, i know first hand how confusing this system is here in washington i deal with peoples frustration on a daily bases.

the local laws havent effected me or my work as of yet. We havent seen a boost of patients or a decline of patients either. once march 2015 comes i may be singing a different tone. what i can see happening is us patients being limited to 6 plants each a collective garden being able to grow 18 plants. now 3/4 of the collectives will fall due to not being able to grow quality with less plants and still yield good numbers to stay afloat (since most collectives source out, instead of grow their own due to growers being able to grow 15 each) growers like CoFinest can show growers like myself how to turn one plant into a nice yield. So now the limit on Canopy space is where recreational may have a play on medical this coming year. limiting us to how much canopy space we have.

I&i

Good information GFcollective, please update the cannabis news as you receive it. You have your finger on the Medical Marijuana pulse. I try and follow as much news as I can but still do not know some of this stuff.

All caught up and subbed my friend. Awesome set up, it's pretty legit. You grow some beautiful flowers my friend. Very beautiful

I send you and the whole west coast good vibes. The west coast is the leader in making a change to the rest of the nation. Keep up the good work.

We're doing what we can but there are many other strong voices throughout the states and into canada. Im just glad to be born and raised in the Evergreen State ;)

All caught up and subbed my friend. Awesome set up, it's pretty legit. You grow some beautiful flowers my friend. Very beautiful

The setup is far from what i want it to be. i need more room, currently looking for a bigger house. doing this all in under 800 sq ft of living space. with 2 dogs a cat and my fiance.

Good information GFcollective, please update the cannabis news as you receive it. You have your finger on the Medical Marijuana pulse. I try and follow as much news as I can but still do not know some of this stuff.

its hard for anyone to really know or follow any of this and its almost like its done on purpose. I do my best to stay up with the info following several medical marijuana sites including state legislature and news (cant stand to watch but its all about med marijuana and isis these days) i will keep you all posted in my journal what happens with washington medical as it rolls out.

I&i

Small update is coming soon. day 45 of plants on 12/12 and some veg room changes (still currently changing)

That's a lot of stuff in a small space. Good luck finding a pad brother. You need it so YOU can grow bigger too. Small spaces make me so claustrophobic, but I'm also 6'5 and have a ton of shit lol

Update
(Mars 2 1600 5w)
20140926_201434.jpg

Lights are off, day 45. i have noticed a issue with my grape ape plant. either a calcium deficency on top of a potassium burn or well i dont know what else it could be. ive been giving straight water for last 4 days to see if itll combat the issue. i did just harvest a small branch on both harlequin and grape ape so i can check out the trics as well as a smoke test. my issue right now is my laptop fried and i decided to not get another and get a desktop, so now its stationed to my tv and to use my micro usb i have to either carry my tower and monitor or clip a branch. so this was my decision. and i wanted to smoke some of this before i chop em ;) .. in all the grape ape may be coming down in a few days after i flush her pot depending on the tric outcome tonight.
20141010_080633.jpg

This was what caught my eye, i got home and opened my tent to check on the ladys and i noticed yellowing on the grape ape section (only) [used same nutes as the sour tsunami and harlequin this entire grow] so i figured maybe its just using its nutes up already, so i shut lights off and turned on the regular light and i noticed wasnt just yellow, there was brown on some of the outer parts of the leaves.
20141013_080441.jpg

As you can, there is a slight brown color forming on the leaves here. There has been so many issues with this current grow that ive been wanting it to come down so i can start my next, if it wasnt for sour tsunami being so far behind i would be chopping them all this weekend after flushing.
20141010_080620.jpg

In these next couple pics, you can see more of the brown that im talking about.
20141010_080606.jpg

20141010_080557.jpg

So now we move on to the Sour Tsunami side of the tent.. things are going good, but could be Great. this plant when i got her from the shop had mites on her. so im not sure how bad the mother was that she came from but her genetics are clearly trying to show. she smells great and after the minor adjustment of diluting the same nutrients i use for harlequin and grape ape down a tad she has been recovering nicely. this plant if it was standing up straight would be around 6-7' tall. its a tall stretchy plant, if and when i find sour tsunami seeds ill be finding my own special seed to become my mother. for now, here is the 1/18 (thc/CBD) Sour Tsunami
20141013_080517.jpg
20141013_081020.jpg

By far my favorite of the three new strains i got. Harlequin. this plant has shown me amazing results with weight, resin, smell and hopefully CBD test close to the same as her mother around 12% cbd and 12% thc. i do plan to send a sample of harlequin and sour tsunami off to be tested. i may send grape ape just for giggles but ill see when the time comes.
20141013_080955.jpg

20141013_081008.jpg

now on to the veg room. after removing 3/4 of my plants from the room and the mass of gear that was in that room as well i then had the cleaning part to start. swept up the dirt fixed my tarp over my window, adjusted the white tarps and still working on the room. Space is killing me, need more of it.
20141011_132355.jpg

Now after removing the rest of the plants and spare grow gear and shelfs i was finally able to fit my new tent in..
20141011_200308.jpg

I actually got some assembly instructions with this tent (from same manufacture as other tent) and im led to believe that the delivery guys thought it would be funny to rip off the instructions sticker on the outside of my box.. i was also kind of shocked to see that the instructions would be on the outside of the box instead of the inside. anyone could pull their smart phone out, go to that website and in 1-2 min be able to realize hey, this is a grow tent... but other then that they are great tents.
20141011_201903.jpg
20141011_202520.jpg

now i started to move some of the plants in there but not all have been placed back inside the room yet. i wanted to keep my 600 as close as i could to the lil ones while still applying some of that 600w to the mothers, right now i have 1 t5 light above the mothers in that tent supplying light to the tops, outside the tent i have a few plants under 2 t5 lights until i obtain more t5's and create my own 6 (t5) setup.
20141011_205053.jpg
20141012_094452.jpg

20141013_095633.jpg

while inside the veg tent, i noticed one of my Tahoe Og seeds has a 11 finger leaf!
ive joined the 11 finger leaf club! hah (i will be pressing this badboy into a frame) ;)
20141011_225240.jpg

now sorry for the quality of these pics but i will have better pics after they have dried
This is Harlequin, and ive decided to try the Washing bud technique to see how and if it has a effect on smoking the flower. im already excited to try it!
20141013_004938.jpg

20141013_005345.jpg

20141013_005401.jpg

Ive washed a grape ape branch as well, they both sit at home hanging right now. in a week or two i should be able to test it out!

hope everyone is having a fun time this harvest! outdoor growers i envy you!

I&i

That's a lot of stuff in a small space. Good luck finding a pad brother. You need it so YOU can grow bigger too. Small spaces make me so claustrophobic, but I'm also 6'5 and have a ton of shit lol

haha! im same way but i am about the size of a gnome haha. around 5'5" give or take a inch. ill get a bigger space soon, it just recently was a fire sparked under my arsh ;)

I&i

Edit : had to think about this for a second, my tents alone take up 65 sq feet of my 800.

Quick Update..

Grape ape has been harvested. (weight will be coming in a week, i dont believe in weighing wet weight other then for trial purposes)
Harlequin Will be harvested in Week (two tops)
Sour Tsunami is just now starting to pack on her weight. (never been fond of full sativas, maybe when i go outdoors)

Have reset up my veg tent and will most likely do it again in a week or two. really need to get more living space so i can incorporate that into more growing space ;)

alright guys ill have pictures in the next few days. everyone stay green here!

I&i

yes i will upload all the pics in the next two days. right now only the grape ape has been harvested.

pics to come will be :
new veg room
grape apes fresh harvest/nug wash
harlequin and sour tsunami
grape ape before she goes into a jar for awhile.

before grape ape goes into a jar i will take weight.
after a couple weeks in jar i will take final weight.

I&i

haha! im same way but i am about the size of a gnome haha. around 5'5" give or take a inch. ill get a bigger space soon, it just recently was a fire sparked under my arsh ;)

I&i

Edit : had to think about this for a second, my tents alone take up 65 sq feet of my 800.

That's a big tent. Pretty sure that's half the size of my grow room. Actually that's pretty much the same size as the room next to my mother room.

That's a big tent. Pretty sure that's half the size of my grow room. Actually that's pretty much the same size as the room next to my mother room.

haha! i wish i had one room that was 65 sq feet.. (hopefully i find something while house searching)

i ment that both my tents combined take up 65 sq feet of my living space.

i have a 5x5 = 25 sq feet
and a 6.5x6.5 = 42 sq feet

so technically i guess 67 sq feet. but the one tent is inside a spare room that has plants on the outside of the tent as well and is also where my hanging closet is..

just had to rig up a watering stick so i could water the plants on the far end of my tent 6.5 feet away.. so i taped two bamboo sticks together with a small air tube in between the crevice of the bamboo sticks. im now able to reach the far side of my tent but it took about 2 minutes for the water to actually reach the end of the tube (10' long air tube) because of the little pump i had running for my old water system. so now ill be getting a bigger pump this thursday. once my other tent is done ill have some room to work in my veg room again. ive been needing to take about 15 clones and havent gotten around to it. have pictures of what ive been doing and will do a full update on my weekend coming up.

Thanks for staying tuned guys! Thanks so much for the knowledge and advise ive received from all of you!

I&i

Back
Top Bottom