Phenominawesome Family First Grow Tries Aurora Indica, AK48's - 1KW MH/HPS - 5x5 Tent

Re: Phenominawesome Family First Grow Tries Aurora Indica, AK48's - 1KW MH/HPS - 5x5

What i look for in indicas is around 10-20% amber trichomes, it will give you a nice deep indica stone. Aurora indica with some amber will be a really nice late night med.

Re: Phenominawesome Family First Grow Tries Aurora Indica, AK48's - 1KW MH/HPS - 5x5

Those nugs are all beautiful! :thumb:
Thank you Dinsdale!

What i look for in indicas is around 10-20% amber trichomes, it will give you a nice deep indica stone. Aurora indica with some amber will be a really nice late night med.
Perfect, thats what we want, I say I like sativas,well hybrids with sativa lean...and they are fun but as medicine its much more important to have a heavy indica at home. I like what I see so far.

Let's see if I can clone her and reveg and if not we have 2 more beans we can run with the Dark plasma hopefully get our AI mom one of those ways.

You can still take clones. They will take a while to revert to vegetative growth, but it's worth the wait if you really want to save some nice genetics.
Thanks Dinsdale for this, as I mentioned I thought we missed the boat.

I did some research on it and you're and CannaCountry's ideas both sound feasible for us. We'll see how it goes!!

Hey Age!

Thanks, ya been crazy for us both I was just reading about the PM issue of yours :(

You know what's crazy about that situation is I KNEW that I would have PM here.

I did countless hours of research to figure out how to keep that out of the garden.

Turns out tempurature is the biggest variable, that I can personally adjust without buying a dehumidifier and hepa filters.

68 degrees and below I think and the spores become active or something?

Anyway I'm curious to see how you treat so I'm going to pop in and see how things are going.

Im using Serenade, its a spray. I used heavily on day one, i did two very heavy applications. Then, each day since i applied heavily at lights on. It burns the hairs but other than that the plants are fine. I did a good defol on Jane to open her up and get more air flow. Not sure about the spores and temps, but WPM is airborne.

Just watch your trichomes they will tell you when its time to begin your flush.
So what percentages do you look for to begin the 2 week flush? I understand some Amber when plants are ready...depends on desire, more amber more body high

Im using Serenade, its a spray. I used heavily on day one, i did two very heavy applications. Then, each day since i applied heavily at lights on. It burns the hairs but other than that the plants are fine. I did a good defol on Jane to open her up and get more air flow. Not sure about the spores and temps, but WPM is airborne.
Ok cool thanks Age.
Im freaking out a bit as the rust fungus like problem is spreading.

I haven't seen much in the way of cannabis and how to prevent other than standard prevention.

With fungus like PM and rust its systemic so think of it like a cold, antibiotics won't do shit you just have to fight it off.

As I understand there are levels of fungi all over the map on and around the plants.

Its the ones that are opportunistic and take advantage of stress that suck.

I like how Fader/Vader put it in his cannapocalypse series, we get them ready for the race in flower and hopefully we can outrun these types of issues by using sprays to not only seal and stop spread but to help the plants immune system.

I like the sound of that spray, hairs ruined or not, so close to lose it all to something like that...

So the rust spots are back with a vengeance.

I thought calcium but have been treating with SensiCal mag. And have watered with sensi cal at half strength each water.
Still could be cause.

Anyway checking my notes it appeared to stop shortly after watering with tap water.

See the tap water is PHd high. 7.5 ish. And I bring it down with PH down this time to high 6s. Slightly more greenish yellow on indicator. Other watering is more bron yellow like 6.5

I have been using copious amounts of PH up since FF is so low. And do not PH RO water with advanced SensiCal as it is always around 6.5 to 6.8.

The AK48 5 in front corner and IG?? Is also showing it.

I've read to remove affected leaves immediately and destroy and use neem as sealer protection.

So far I tried to rub it on with gloves so as not to touch buds but it doesn't work well.

Ill start just water diet for those two in casw they nees to come down early.

So far the AI and big AK are fine. Just need to keep it that way.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Nice!! Thanks you again Pennywise.

Im still reading but wanted to remark quickly about PH and thier remarks.

I've read over and over how vital it is in cannabis to have a proper PH.

I can't swing a good meter and and don't trust mine but now have a good light/background and have been confident the drops are spot on. I'm sticking with those until I can buy a better one.

Anyway with all of the PH up, and relying on a wacked out pen for a bit without double checking often enough is likely the cause of the whole mess from the start.

There is that, and he also said the feeding PPM is around 800-3000.

Mine has only ever been as high as 900 and that was what I thought was week 5, actually week 3 if I take off two for flowering switch. (Its crazy my better half actually got really mad at me when I told her this! Like I can speed up nature, anyway)

I'll continue the read, watch and think before acting. Likely bounce ideas off of folks if they got the time.

Hope all is well!

Remember in most situations less is more, im in hydro but seldom go above 350-400 ppm on my nute solution. Plants seem happier at lower ppm's

Remember in most situations less is more, im in hydro but seldom go above 350-400 ppm on my nute solution. Plants seem happier at lower ppm's
Excellent, thanks PW. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was your thread I heard mention of seedsman. I got my order today. Slick packaging I paid for original breeder packs.
Since I jumped through the hoops for bitcoin I got so many free seeds I don't know which Autos to run!

I paid for the 3 northern lights from greenhouse, 3 GSC fastbuds, 3 LSD 25.

They gave me 4 green Crack and a ton of others. Thanks a million my friend.

Also that article was great. I'm using just 'degassed' tap water with a tiny bit of ph down.

Seems all are back to packing on size!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Nice stash PM, the freebies are sweet. The GSC are looking good .

just a quick update. (haha guess not too quick )

*So the AK48 that I thought the fast finisher and the 'rust' infected turned a corner in that the leaves look happier and it pushed out all new white hairs!

All over for faks sakes!

Not to mention she put on some size, one damn branch is falling over as my trellis is set a little low. A little foxtailing on the light side of the highest bud. Surprised by that, the light is only at 600 watts and 24 inches away but must just be some radiant heat.

So the thing about the rust spots. Its like watching the plant fight something.

When spots are orange in color, plant isn't happy at those leaves. (oddly always the second/third set below buds, same as AIs discoloration, same as rust spots on IG)

When plant is happy orange spots turn brown and stops spreading.

The garden is happy. AK4 is still on water only diet incase I case need to pull her yet but I think the worst is past.

Here's my theory...

PH issue, causes lockout, buildup and just a whole out of whack root zone. All of that PH up cannot be good for the soil. Next time I do soil again it will be SIP containers or supersoil. Mainly amended for PH buffering.

**For now though going to be growin on the cheap with 3 gal grow bags, canna coco bricks and GH Flora 3 part. I already have PK boosters, calmag, microbes and sugars... Need to start yesterday.

*just in case anyone is curious Im not insinuating tap water is 'better' or 'worse' it was a failsafe, just easier for me to PH. It's upper 6s to be sure it's correct.

Also, I was starting to smell a musty oder and since all have gotten tap water, trays rinsed with fresh clorinated tap water. the smell is gone.

Inspected bigger buds for rot.

Found nothing amiss but pet hair.

Should be ok. Though, its a pretty tight environment temperature wise its a bit humid heat wave in my area too so I have 2 hours of 81 lights on.
77-81 degrees night to day. 50-70% humidity. I don't like 70 at night but I can't do much about it now but stagger watering.

-The few seeds are popping out of the buds now on their own, meaning they are mature.

Not too many total and it looks like the buds have gone back to searching for pollen with all the new white hairs and all...
If timetable is correct then that confirms that it was most likely my herm around day 20.

Ok that's it for now, will post pics in a few days

Nice stash PM, the freebies are sweet. The GSC are looking good .
Thanks Pennywise, as the Autos go... Trying to determine if this is too many or too little to germinate and start under the LED.

I originally planned to grow 6.

2 fastbuds GSC, 2 fastbuds LSD and 2 Greenhouse Northern lights. In a 5x5 tent, using roughly half or will they overtake that space too much?

Hmm... Well and best case I can use the whole tent actually, just veg my plasmas under the LEDs...it's Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom