Phenominawesome Family First Grow Tries Aurora Indica, AK48's - 1KW MH/HPS - 5x5 Tent

Re: Phenominawesome Family First Grow Tries Aurora Indica, AK48's - 1KW MH/HPS - 5x5

Congrats on your harvest! Very nice job! :thumb:

Same here. I just spent two days with my wife in Milano, Italy, this weekend and let me tell you, it was coffee heaven! Italian coffee is the best! :circle-of-love:

Sometimes, a strain smells wonderful from the get go. And sometimes, it smells like shit for weeks before turning into something really good. You just have to check it regularly.
Thanks Dinsdale!

I am very happy with what we have.

Thank goodness on the smell!

I was going to report that the little we quick dried has already lost most of chlorophyll taste and is pretty smooth... thank goodness:) but the smell isn't right yet.
It took about a day for the 'quick dry' to completely dry.
It will likely take the rest a full week to dry, which is good, before jar.

Oh man that does sound like coffee heaven.

My favorite is just an original cappuccino.

I personally like them with good seperation between the milk, coffee and foam and in a glass cup:)

I bet that was a great time all around.

Re: Phenominawesome Family First Grow Tries Aurora Indica, AK48's - 1KW MH/HPS - 5x5

Congrats Pheno, that grow turned out really well. .
Thanks Pennywise, still consider the 'main haul' about a week or two out.

Hey Pennywise, both of the AKs and the AI just a touch are foxtailing. The AKs a lot and not only top buds. The corner one is worst. It's not fading yet still lush green.

600w hps* about 2 ft away and temps are 77-79 with a period of 81 on hot days for a couple of hours.

Humidity is high, especially with the crazy whether. Currently 60 with light on. Usually 50-70 since hurricane its been 60-75.

So regardless of the cause, if I can't get it to stop, what would you do?

Let it keep packing on more weight, albiet non uniform? I Read some one here let an 8 week strain ride 16 weeks packing on weight??!! That's crazy but cool if it was worth it.

Anyway cheers and thanks again!

Oh man that does sound like coffee heaven.

My favorite is just an original cappuccino.

I personally like them with good seperation between the milk, coffee and foam and in a glass cup:)

My favorite is the ristretto, but I like a nice cafè creme from time to time. :)

I bet that was a great time all around.

It was! In fact, we're already planning a 3-day trip to Rome next month.
Living in Europe is awesome because there's a lot of amazing places and they're all very close!

Update week 9 day 1 of 12/12.

Oh boy, I can see the final stretch and it looks delicious :)

The Aurora is well on her way, adding some size and ripening up.

The AKs were both hit with a moderate flush of water and GH Florakleen at 5ml gal.

The most logical reason for the foxtailing on AK5 is too much nitrogen late in flower from what I've read. This one going back was almost N toxic at a couple of stages and in flower had extra soil added at the start and I forgot to go lighter on food for that one plant....

Anyway, she's already looking great!! The foxtailing appears to have stopped and the hair is curling back as well more going orange. Plus, and this is the best part, she's fading out now. The lower leaves are finally using up their nitrogen.

Our harvested plant is smoking soo nicely, and the best part? Still have half left.
I left 3 top colas in the back. The plant is fine, drank all of her water and only lost about 2 days based on water consumption.

Her trichomes are continuing to mature and we have some great smoke. Still, cannot wait for the full pull.

An AI top and one of the harvested buds...

1.jpg
2.jpg

Thanks Pennywise, still consider the 'main haul' about a week or two out.

Hey Pennywise, both of the AKs and the AI just a touch are foxtailing. The AKs a lot and not only top buds. The corner one is worst. It's not fading yet still lush green.

600w hps* about 2 ft away and temps are 77-79 with a period of 81 on hot days for a couple of hours.

Humidity is high, especially with the crazy whether. Currently 60 with light on. Usually 50-70 since hurricane its been 60-75.

So regardless of the cause, if I can't get it to stop, what would you do?

Let it keep packing on more weight, albiet non uniform? I Read some one here let an 8 week strain ride 16 weeks packing on weight??!! That's crazy but cool if it was worth it.

Anyway cheers and thanks again!

I dont pay any attention to foxtailing as long as its adding weight. .

That's good to hear PW.

Heck, I hope that it makes up some of the lost weight of the seeds:)

Man, I learned so much from this grow so far already...

lot going on here in preparation for 'Auto Mania' and the perpetual.

This one will be KISS.

I bought the GH flora series and GH cocoteck coco.

Simple 3 part that I can understand and modify easily as needed for my base.

I did get their other stuff, liquid koolbloom, armor Si, flouraliscous, rapid start. Came in a kit minus Armor Si. Figured silica is a good thing.

Hmm... Should I start that journal today...

Start today . also if you use the silica and your plants start to turn yellow stop the silica. A lot of folks are finding the silica can do some bad things to your plants as well as the good.

Start today . also if you use the silica and your plants start to turn yellow stop the silica. A lot of folks are finding the silica can do some bad things to your plants as well as the good.
Thanks for that!!

That likely would have caused me some grief.

So, based on that and a bit of looking into, I went ahead and saved the money and canceled the Armor Si (I have to buy more coco) and am going to stick with the HG 'Simple' program. Which is all of the products minus the silica.

Actually, I already have that which thanks to GH came in one box. It arrived today.

Yep, going to start that journal tonight. Well technically it will be tomorrow as it will be later but even so ya, cheers!

3.jpg

Excellent!

I will start it this evening after garden maintenance. Might technically be tomorrow :)

Sounds good, im starting new seeds tonite. Time to get the fall grows started now.

Sounds good, im starting new seeds tonite. Time to get the fall grows started now.
Ooo im excited! This is going to be a great fall, I can feel it :)

Small setback, I'm needed down in the Detroit area for family.

I started the journal, but I won't be popping the seeds for about 2 more weeks.

I will be popping over to see whats going in your garden!

Congrats on your harvest! Very nice job! :thumb:

Same here. I just spent two days with my wife in Milano, Italy, this weekend and let me tell you, it was coffee heaven! Italian coffee is the best! :circle-of-love:

Sometimes, a strain smells wonderful from the get go. And sometimes, it smells like shit for weeks before turning into something really good. You just have to check it regularly.
It's funny I drank coffee black and strong throughout my 20s.

Would have loved the ristretto then but doubtful could appreciate.

One day my mother in law gives me a bag of a special Kona blend (they are Japanese but from Hawaii) and made me a cup with some creme and I was hooked.

Overnight I started using creme, however it need be dark enough to break through.

I would like to try something like that, see if it's made correctly how delicious a dark coffee can be:) new goal!

We are trying to plan a trip but realistically it won't be for another 5 years.
We did a Caribbean cruise last year and it was a lot of fun! However I would like to do Europe. Some hoops I need to jump through but making sure I do it at some point.

Day 60 update.

AK 5 is ready.

Taking her down this weekend.

They 'finish in early as 48 days' . This one is just now 5 to 7 percent amber and the other has some clear yet.

Aurora is same about 5 to 7 percent amber but letting her go longer.
Not sure yet but I only have another week and a half before I have to go out of town for a week.
Worst case, I ask nicely the wife to water :)

Let's see here is ak5 left, ak4 middle. Ak5 passed up her sister it looks like!!

Some shots of the fade.

Have a great day!!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

So I'm trimming up AK48 #5 and the smell is so strong of something... Then it hit me lemonhead candy or artificial lemon flavor. Super strong. At least no fresh plant smell the lemon over powers it.
The grapefruit came out really nice. I swear but it had to dry a week before it had a full high. Before that it wore off after an hour. Harvested to early but at least she came into her own. Really nice that one.

Cheers back to trimmin

I was really hoping to be able to show the structure of the plant as I was really proud of my training I topped at the third node and then I talked again on each nodes third node and it ended up making a perfect square with a little bit of super cropping you can see a little bit of the knuckling in there looking back I'm not sure the scrog net was 100% necessary on all but the middle.
I'll bet with this training system and a tomato cage I could get the plants to fit in really well and not be locked into scrog.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Oh geeze. Lookie here.

I expected that possible, however I didn't expect them to be so hard to see.
This was from the iced grapefruit.

Lesson against bag seeds. No more risk far as that goes.

Only females of known genetics.

1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom