Phenominawesome Family First Grow Tries Aurora Indica, AK48's - 1KW MH/HPS - 5x5 Tent

Re: Phenominawesome Family First Grow Tries Aurora Indica, AK48's - 1KW MH/HPS - 5x5

Ok ok one more quick shot now that I have better access.
Aurora Indica.
the tops are still only just showing a good deal of amber.
I think we will pull her when the middle is at least showing some amber but the tops are not more than 30 or 40%. Can always try pushing it further another time with clones or something.
We need a good Indica here in a bad way but not one that puts us straight to sleep... Need a bit of grins and grub first :)

This is one of those just gotta try it before I can have an opinion I guess. Did so much research on harvest in the last couple of weeks my eyes are bleeding!
1.jpg

Re: Phenominawesome Family First Grow Tries Aurora Indica, AK48's - 1KW MH/HPS - 5x5

That aurora is looking fantastic
Thanks Pennywise!

She's the star for sure. Way more frost and just a great smell and structure.

I'll try to get some pics through a loupe as she ripens up.

The usb microscope just wasn't in the budget this round.

I have a usb scope, they're very touchy to use with live plants.

Indeed it is...excellent in fact!

Great job Phenoman!
Thanks CannaCountry !

I appreciate the call on the timing btw.

Next round with a simpler feeding program I should be able to time the food better also.

I know everybody said it already but... damn, those buds look fan-fucking-tastic! :drool:
You, sir, are very good at this cannabis growing thing! :bravo:
Thank you so much for the kind words Dinsdale:)

Coming from one of the many folks here growing world-class, connesiour grade cannabis, that just made my day

This just blows my mind. Look at the AK48 in the center. It's got the tops that are huge but a whole other layer of good sized buds all in that little bit of 3 gallons of soil in a 5 gallon smart pot!!
So... All considered she was leaning something fierce so I tied her stalk to the tent pole and supported more buds.
Edited forgot question.
So with smart pots the roots aren't even really running all around creating a foundation correct? At least I'd my understanding is correct I'm lucky to have made it this far I think lol

Also gratuitous Aurora Indica week 10 day 2. I swear but it seems she gets more amber some times then clear again in places, am I crazy or can this happen?

Anyway, alls good for everyone. I hope everyone is doing well in the south as well.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

I swear but it seems she gets more amber some times then clear again in places, am I crazy or can this happen?

It can't happen. Trichome oxydation is not reversible.
It's just an illusion sometimes caused by the lighting. Or because you don't look at the exact same spot. Or because you're too high! :)

It can't happen. Trichome oxydation is not reversible.
It's just an illusion sometimes caused by the lighting. Or because you don't look at the exact same spot. Or because you're too high! :)
I was thinking it was likely a combination of that :)
I also notice if I'm looking for cloudy vs clear i miss the amber and vise versa

Seemed like since I focused to find clear ones, more appeared than I remember.

Too high lol .

The magnification we normally use will play tricks on your eyes. .

Yep, I Think I found a way to see the trees for the forest?
Never got that term...the big picture I mean.

The last AK comes down this weekend at almost 10 weeks. Its ready now but I want to stress it tomorrow with no water. It's about 30 to 40 percent amber on most tops. Amber on middle 5 to 10 percent. Will be nice for a 60/40 sativa.

I still see too much clear in the middle of the AI. Not enough amber. This one isn't airy like the others in fact I would call this a perfect 600w strain. Worry the 1000w would make her. More finicky, if it were lights that started my earlier problem.
For those that don't know the AI is special for a couple of reasons.
The name.

And the parents, Afgan and Northern Lights.

Very Indica and I think that shows a bit however I would have expected different leaf structure based but not sure about the NL.

AI still has a little time left. I can push to close 11 weeks but life might have me chop her by then as I need to go out of town.

Hope she is ready by then but if not... Well let's see if the wife is up to learn how to trim and hang :)

Can't do that to her though.
Gift to the wife that plant.
While we wanted to start together, it became too much work and research for the wife who is very busy with work and her own interests so I do not fault her in the least.
I am just glad that we found a way for me to grow for the remainder of life's work and play with those I love. Truly lucky.

Yes never push her, she will show her own lvl of interest. You're very lucky.

Well I thought that other AK was catching up and yield and I pulled 70 grams dry off of her I could swear this is about double we'll see this one doesn't have a lot of trichomes on the leaves or a lot of trim which is good:)

Some structure shots

AI still going. Maybe another week. Alot if clear in middle.

I love that while they are airy on the other plants likely light, I had that thing so high up... The Aurora is solid. Even the side buds solid.

Broke my Damn ankle after all :( got a boot coming. Wife wouldn't let me duct tape it ;)

I can move it around ok. If it doesn't get better after a while I'll go to a dr. The good thing about motorcycle growing up in dirt. Broke enough bones to know the feeling.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Finally.
Didn't bother with weight while wet.
I'll weigh when stems snap.

So far looks excellent, smells horrible.

I'm not a big fan of grapefruits but this particular plant smells like rotten grapefruit which I had heard from other reviewers this strain has the tendency to smell that way I'm just happy I have the other one that smells like Lemonhead candy.

I prefer flowers most times, but I made about a gram of shatter from the trim on the Lemonhead AK harvest last week that came out delicious. Loving that one.

This one should cure to a milder smell and great stone. That's the hope anyway:)

*I haven't harvested her yet... Edit. The Aurora smells like sweet Hawaiian punch or powder Hawaiian punch mix. Really unexpected. Thought it would be hashy.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom