Lion n' Witch Garden

I was sold on LED technology ever since I started growing, and every HPS person has told me the same thing "hps produces bigger, better bud. My question was always the same "have you tried LEDs?", "No." Always the answer. After my first harvest I let a seasoned HPS grower friend of mine try the fruits of my labor, and guess what he asks me?.........."how big of an LED do I need for a 5x5 space?". All these growers who still talk negatively about LED lights most likely haven't tried a decent one, or more likely tried them at all. The energy savings, heat savings, and replacement bulb savings has paid for my light in a season; HELL maybe one day I'll give plasma lighting technology a try, because the learning and experimenting is never done:lot-o-toke:

wow look at those buds! :yummy: wish I could try them! too bad you can't do a more steady journal but I understand - you're your own boss at 24! Awesome!! - we'll be happy with whatever you share but it definitely would be cool to see more of whats happening for you :)

I'll have a journal soon enough, my old island indica and sweet baby jane strains are about to go into flower. A journal will be made for them, they are a landrace strain to washington state (vashon island more specific) sweet baby jane was just talked about in this months washington (the northwest leaf) I was lucky enough to get these seeds well before they became famous so they will have a journal for them and we will pick the best genetics out of the lot. ;)

I got one old island indica flowering on day 14 right now, got a bundle of white hairs.

Lights off, day 47
20150113_080151.jpg

Gsc day 47 not known as a heavy yield plant, I'd say 3-4 oz off one plant of her. Very strong smell to her on a 11/13 light cycle
20150112_205010.jpg

Old island indica around day 14 would have to check pic date.
20150113_080211.jpg

This Mendo purp top is getting covered in trics. It's right beside my twin tower Mendo purp. I don't drop my temps to freeze my plants and i don't add chemicals to change the flavor or color of my plants.
20150112_205001.jpg

I&I

I don't drop my temps to freeze my plants

Why not? Colder temps usually increase blues and purples in plants inclined to exhibit them. I used to crank my AC down the last few weeks, but now I have different stages in flowering room (perpetual)

and i don't add chemicals to change the flavor or color of my plants.

:thumb: good call

Why not? Colder temps usually increase blues and purples in plants inclined to exhibit them. I used to crank my AC down the last few weeks, but now I have different stages in flowering room (perpetual)

:thumb: good call

Its just not something I like to play with. I usually have more then one strain going and I personally have never cared for purple flowers because of this. I have only had one purple strain I liked, when I hitchiked down to cali my friend that lived there he had 'grand daddy purp' it had a very slight purple tone to it but wasn't to the leafs like I always see from growers that freeze their crops. It was a purple tone to the flower itself but not dark purple a very light tone. It burnt very smooth and tasted great and still had a heavy high. Every purple strain I've seen since here in washington and I've been involved in the industry for upwards of 7 years, had a very harsh smoke, dark blackish purple color tone, headache high that took 2 blunts to even feel and when I spoke with the growers, it was either cold temps or additives. So I've never met a grower that could show me good quality that smokes clean and smells good burning, as well as still having that heavy high.

Maybe cali ruined me, but that true purp I smoked is a great memory of mine. The purple voodoo I seen most recently I will never grow unless I see a good version of it that doesn't look spray painted.

I'm always willing to try new things, but not when I haven't seen quality come from it. I figure if I have a true strong purple genetic, it'll show without freezing.

I&I

I've seen some of that black looking stuff in Seattle. Didn't even look appealing to me. Interesting and intriguing, but even the smell didn't make me want to smoke it. :blalol:

I don't freeze mine. When I say "crank the AC", that means setting to it's lowest setting, 65F. I have a CO2 generator, so normally my room sits at ~80F. Basically, my "cold" daytime was in the low 70's. My night temps can't ever get below ~56F because it's a basement.

The last time I did it (a couple crops ago before the new flowering room), my Critical, from Royal Queen, got pretty purple. Not just the leaf, the calyxes as well. It was quite pretty, and it still smoked awesome. I'm still working with the strain, but she has not come out that purple again since. In fact, in that harvest, I had 4 of that strain and only 2 were real purple. The other 2 had some, but were still green as well. I'd offer to bring some by if I go through your part of the state, but it's long gone. I try not to keep flower more than a few months. Even though I use Boveda packs, I think it's gets 'stale'.

That doesn't seem to bad, 65 is pretty cold but not to cold. The grower I know that thinks purple means the greatest brings his down around 50 and gets that dark blackish purple. I know a wise tale is purple strains aren't as high In thc, not sure why but I've heard it. I do dream about coming across some true purple again, and a true cotton candy, the genetics I had back in 2008 were insane, not a heavy yielder but each flower was bowl size and looked like they were rolled in keef, almost like the caviar bud u see around here. I was hoping this Mendo would have a purple tint to it, first time growing this one and it was from cutting.

I&I

I've had some amazing top shelf organic Purple Kush, mostly green but with layers of bright purple calyxxes, even a little pink in there! Definitely not the colored leaf tip stuff you see from it getting too cold. And it smoked a lot like pre-98 bubba. just beautiful, a little more afghani flavored than bubba. I've honestly wanted to try a good Purple Kush seed since. I wish I knew where their seeds were from >.< but otherwise I'm with Gfc, unnatural purples aren't something I'm looking for in bud, even if pretty in a way. I was actually pretty upset with myself growing that Black Bubba so black a while ago. I really neglected it though, so thats what I get.

This was outside last summer. I wish I knew the strain, plant was given to me to avoid being destroyed. It was too beautiful. I have three going right now inside under 1000w hps with a 100x3 mars hydro old model over one for experimenting. No pink or purple so far, but I've had periods of high 80s low 90s heat in the tent.

I did nothing to make these change colors. I left them outside here in wa, so of course night temps dipped. They were cut right before our first heavy fog.

20140919_143908.jpg
20140919_143935.jpg
20140919_143835.jpg
20140919_143839.jpg

My new Journal Old Island Indica / Sweet Baby Jane is up. all are welcome to join.

my journal features 2 strains that are from a private new seed co that is starting to get well known.
*Old island indica
*Sweet Baby jane
as well as a strain im in love with, a cutting from our collective grow
*PGSC

i have a 600w Super HPS hortilux next to a mars 1600x5w

covering a total of 12 plants.

finding a mother of old island indica and sweet baby jane.

20150223_003847_000.jpg

I&i

Back
Top Bottom