LKABudMan Grows A Fruit Punch Auto With The Vivosun Smart Grow System! - Featuring Herbies Seeds, GeoFlora & Dynomyco

When you do Auto's & Photo's together you want to start your Auto's about 5 weeks before you start your Photo's.
Most Auto's take 8-10 weeks to be ready for harvest. That way you Veg your Photo's the last 5 weeks under the right amount of light hours & can flip to 12/12 as soon as you harvest the Auto's. Auto's you run on 20/4 or 18/6 the entire grow. There is no flipping to 12/12. That's only with Photo's.
That was exactly what I was going to going with 5/6 weeks jumpstart on the autos . I just finished 6 strains outdooors. Aside from pheno varieties there were massive differences from staggering the grow just by a month. Really felt like it was the amount of direct light available, so I hear you on that light schedule too! Thanks for the input Buds Bunny... you could say Im all ears 🐰for ya lol ;) (sorry, Im a dork)

Date - 9/30/22 - Day# 23 since sprout
Strain - Herbies Seeds - Fruit Punch Auto Fem (Heavyweight Seeds)
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- AeroZesh - 6" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- Growhub - Controls all tent equipment simultaneously
All controlled through the VIVOSUN App
In -Vegetative- Mode
- Light - 18" away
- 00:00-04:00 OFF
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Vegetative, Intensity:100%
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-4:00 Low Speed
- 04:00-24:00 Natural wind
- Exhaust Fan:
- 00:00-04:00 High 75F / 65% RH, default 1, Max 5
- 04:00-24:00 Cycle: 00:01 Speed#3, 00:29 off (Flush air in tent every 1/2 hour)
Nutrients - Geoflora Veg & Dynomyco
Medium - 5g SIP container with Sohum soil amended with Dynomyco and GeoFlora Veg
Other - Humidifier with distilled water set to 55% RH
Other - 8" Fan
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Weekly Temperatures

During the day I'm venting the tent for 1 minute every 30 minutes so it looks like the temperatures/humidity is constantly changing. The VPD is good, though, if a little high (avg. 1.3). I'm still assuming that there's plenty of humidity coming off the SIP buckets, though. Once she gets some more vegetation and really starts respiring I'll need to bump up the ventilation, but for now she's good.

So I took originally filled the SIP res with 3.4L. A couple of days ago I took out about 2L to give her a chance to catch up. I ended up putting all that back in, plus another 2L. Her roots have got to be going crazy taking up all that water.

Pebbles is starting to settle into her new home. She still hasn't put on much height or width, but her inner nodes have really taken off. I was waiting for the two top branches to get long enough to LST and this morning it was time. I used some CarHooks to bring down the top four nodes. Then a few more to bring the lower nodes sideways and expose them to the light.

Before the LST Pebbles looked much prettier, but you could only really see the main two buds from the top. After LST she looks a bit like Frankenstein's monster, but look at all those tops!

I'll continue to train everything to the outside while keeping as many buds exposed as possible. This is my first auto so I'm not sure how much time I have left before she flowers. I can see pistils on her so I don't think I have long. Then again, I shouldn't need more than a couple of days and I can get her eight main tops on the same level. Give me a week and I'll double that ;) What I've seen on the camera the last couple of days tells me she's fully recovered from the topping and is getting her legs under her in the SIP. I'm expecting her to take off any day now.

Oh, and the top that I dipped in clonex and put under the dome with the tomato seed. Well, the tomato seed popped yesterday. There are no roots growing out of the plug for the top, but she it still moving and growing in there. I left her in the dome on the heat mat for now, sitting next to a weak light. If she does root I'm not sure what I'll do with her, but I had to give it a try. I'll keep checking her for roots periodically.

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

Looking good mate.

Glad you clarified about humidity chart....I was viewing like....what is going on there haha.

Good luck with the top clone, curious to see how it turns out. Roughly how big was it?
Thanks man. It was not a lot of stem under her, no more than 1 cm. I just dipped it in cloning gel and stuck it in a wet plug. She's sitting on the heat mat. I'll leave her there for a couple of weeks. She actually looks like she's grown a little above the plug

Date - 10/2/22 - Day# 25 since sprout
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- AeroZesh - 6" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
In -Vegetative- Mode
- Light - 16" away
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Vegetative, Intensity:100% (25k LUX)
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan:
- 04:00-24:00 Cycle: 00:01 Speed#3, 00:29 off (Flush air in tent every 1/2 hour)
Medium - 5g SIP container with Sohum soil amended with Dynomyco and GeoFlora Veg
Other - Humidifier with distilled water set to 60% RH
Other - 8" Fan

Pebbles is still growing steadily. Every morning I go in and tighten her LST, trying to make sure no bud is higher than any other. I've also been leaf tucking to make sure the tops stay exposed. Today I can finally see those eight mains all on the same level.

That's good because she looks like she's just about to flower. I can see this being a bud tomorrow.

If she is ready that works for me. I dropped the light down to 2" to 16" away, or abourt 25k LUX. I'll keep training the eight existing buds to the outside of the bucket, then let them grow straight up. As long as I can keep all of the tops as even in height as possible she should be a nice little plant.

@VIVOSUN #VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

She looks great, LKA! I've heard some people have had issues growing this strain but you don't seem to be having any difficulties. Good job.

Date - 10/3/22 - Day# 26 since sprout
In -Vegetative- Mode
- Light - 16" away
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan:
Other - Humidifier with distilled water set to605% RH
Other - 8" Fan

I discovered something important about the GrowHub yesterday. I decided I wanted to change the calibration of the GrowHub to match my Govee, so I wanted to add 1% to the GrowHub RH. You need to calibrate the thermometer/hygrometer probe from the GrowHub, not the @VIVOSUN App. So I long-press the check mark, which brings me into calibration. I add 1% RH to the hygrometer, save it, everything looks great. What I didn't notice is that the GrowHub reverted from 'Recipe' to 'Manual' mode. That means everything reverts to the last manual settings. In my case, that was 60% light, circulation fan speed#1, no exhaust.

I made the changes yesterday afternoon and didn't realize the issue until this morning. That means that for the past 10 hours or so, the humidity in the tent was 70%+ and the lights were at 60% and never went off. Luckily, in this stage it didn't really affect her much if at all.

I changed the manual settings to 100% light, circulation fan to natural wind, and exhaust to speed# 1 in case it ever reverts again. Then I re-started the VEG recipe. Everything is back to normal.

The SIP bucket was getting low so I added another liter. I'm still just adding 1L at a time for right now so that I can more easily monitor her intake. She's going through that quicker and quicker, though. I'll be filling up the res soon.

Pebbles was still not in flower this morning:woohoo: That gave me a chance to move all of her LST out a node. Her eight mains are looking fantastic, and they each have two more buds coming out of the first nodes.

I'm still trying to keep everything even in height. I'm also tucking leaves to expose as many bud sites as possible. I haven't removed any leaves yet, though her bottom two leaves may be going soon. They're almost touching the soil now.

This is the fun part of the grow for me, where I get to play around with her every day and she recovers so quickly. Another couple of days and I'll get all of her mains to the outside of the bucket. Let's see if she gives me that long ;)

She looks great, LKA! I've heard some people have had issues growing this strain but you don't seem to be having any difficulties. Good job.
Thanks HG. I saw GDB having some issues, I haven't seen any others. She had some weird growth starting out, but she's looking really nice now.

Date - 10/3/22 - Day# 26 since sprout
In -Vegetative- Mode
- Light - 16" away
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan:
Other - Humidifier with distilled water set to605% RH
Other - 8" Fan

I discovered something important about the GrowHub yesterday. I decided I wanted to change the calibration of the GrowHub to match my Govee, so I wanted to add 1% to the GrowHub RH. You need to calibrate the thermometer/hygrometer probe from the GrowHub, not the @VIVOSUN App. So I long-press the check mark, which brings me into calibration. I add 1% RH to the hygrometer, save it, everything looks great. What I didn't notice is that the GrowHub reverted from 'Recipe' to 'Manual' mode. That means everything reverts to the last manual settings. In my case, that was 60% light, circulation fan speed#1, no exhaust.

I made the changes yesterday afternoon and didn't realize the issue until this morning. That means that for the past 10 hours or so, the humidity in the tent was 70%+ and the lights were at 60% and never went off. Luckily, in this stage it didn't really affect her much if at all.

I changed the manual settings to 100% light, circulation fan to natural wind, and exhaust to speed# 1 in case it ever reverts again. Then I re-started the VEG recipe. Everything is back to normal.

The SIP bucket was getting low so I added another liter. I'm still just adding 1L at a time for right now so that I can more easily monitor her intake. She's going through that quicker and quicker, though. I'll be filling up the res soon.

Pebbles was still not in flower this morning:woohoo: That gave me a chance to move all of her LST out a node. Her eight mains are looking fantastic, and they each have two more buds coming out of the first nodes.

I'm still trying to keep everything even in height. I'm also tucking leaves to expose as many bud sites as possible. I haven't removed any leaves yet, though her bottom two leaves may be going soon. They're almost touching the soil now.

This is the fun part of the grow for me, where I get to play around with her every day and she recovers so quickly. Another couple of days and I'll get all of her mains to the outside of the bucket. Let's see if she gives me that long ;)

Looking good 👀 they sure are growing fast are you feeding them steroids or something? Lmao. CL🍀

Looking good 👀 they sure are growing fast are you feeding them steroids or something? Lmao. CL🍀
Thanks Captain. I really haven't fed her anything yet. Well, I did amend her Sohum soil with @GeoFlora Nutrients veg. And I'm sure that two applications of @DYNOMYCO is powering those roots. But I haven't given her anything except for well water pHed to 6.5.

Of course 20/4 light schedule and the AeroLight all to herself makes a big difference, especially if you're used to growing outdoors ;)

Shes a peach mate, and getting into shape.

If any adjustment threw you out, thank goodness it was an auto, haha.

Obviously I dont grow autos other than the couple around Pebbles timeframe, but both showed preflower and basically shunted into pistils without too much delay.

I do really love coming in here to see your work, the data/automation combo curls my toes, in a good way. Except your dates on data sheets. Month/date, just never computes properly.

I read 10/3 and just think 10th March. Wrong part of the year.

I cant use the internet to buy things on payment apps to save myself ironically, loving your app driven grow results though.

Shes a peach mate, and getting into shape.

If any adjustment threw you out, thank goodness it was an auto, haha.

Obviously I dont grow autos other than the couple around Pebbles timeframe, but both showed preflower and basically shunted into pistils without too much delay.

I do really love coming in here to see your work, the data/automation combo curls my toes, in a good way. Except your dates on data sheets. Month/date, just never computes properly.

I read 10/3 and just think 10th March. Wrong part of the year.

I cant use the internet to buy things on payment apps to save myself ironically, loving your app driven grow results though.
Thanks @DV8 she's coming along nicely.

Luckily on google sheets you can express Date any way you want. This one's for you.

Date - 10/2/22 - Day# 25 since sprout
In -Vegetative- Mode
- Light - 16" away
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Vegetative, Intensity:100% (25k LUX)
- Circulation Fan
- Exhaust Fan:
Other - Humidifier with distilled water set to 60% RH
Other - 8" Fan

Pebbles is still growing steadily. Every morning I go in and tighten her LST, trying to make sure no bud is higher than any other. I've also been leaf tucking to make sure the tops stay exposed. Today I can finally see those eight mains all on the same level.

That's good because she looks like she's just about to flower. I can see this being a bud tomorrow.

If she is ready that works for me. I dropped the light down to 2" to 16" away, or abourt 25k LUX. I'll keep training the eight existing buds to the outside of the bucket, then let them grow straight up. As long as I can keep all of the tops as even in height as possible she should be a nice little plant.

@VIVOSUN #VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow
Love your @VIVOSUN system. :love:
Garden looks wonderful this morning.
Hope you are well my friend. :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Love your @VIVOSUN system. :love:
Garden looks wonderful this morning.
Hope you are well my friend. :ciao:

Stay safe
Thanks Bill, I'm doing great. I though Pebbles was ready to start flowering a week ago. She's given me almost four weeks of veg and she's looking great. Her growth is picking up speed too. Her outside nodes are almost to the rim of the bucket, and her inside nodes are really coming in.

She's loving the @VIVOSUN Smart Grow system and so am I. Between that and the SIP bucket there's not much for me to do ;)

How are you doing? Have you been able to do anything with the RH in your greenhouse. I saw the tip this morning about rock salt. The key is surface area, the more surface area you have for the salt the more moisture it'll pick up. Rice bags will absorb some humidity too. I'm rooting hard for those buds to finish up for you.

Take Care.

Thanks Bill, I'm doing great. I though Pebbles was ready to start flowering a week ago. She's given me almost four weeks of veg and she's looking great. Her growth is picking up speed too. Her outside nodes are almost to the rim of the bucket, and her inside nodes are really coming in.

She's loving the @VIVOSUN Smart Grow system and so am I. Between that and the SIP bucket there's not much for me to do ;)

How are you doing? Have you been able to do anything with the RH in your greenhouse. I saw the tip this morning about rock salt. The key is surface area, the more surface area you have for the salt the more moisture it'll pick up. Rice bags will absorb some humidity too. I'm rooting hard for those buds to finish up for you.

Take Care.
I'm good thanks my friend.
It's OK during the day.
At night with the vents closed its a rain forest.
Rh hits 99 because it only has 2 digits . :rofl:
I have to get out to pick up salt.
No wheels.
I was going to use 5g pails but if surface area is key I'll need flat pans.
Drill a hole and drain them outside.
6 will be my goal.
3 along each side
But it's 28 c and 65 rh in there right now, so decent today .
Just need a couple weeks of warm nights too and I'll make it.
Thanks so much. :thanks:

Stay safe

Seems like it might be an easy tweak in the GrowHub software to go back to Recipe rather than Manual after you make that change. I'm sure you're not the only grower it's happened to.

I'd shoot them an email and link them to your post if they're not following the grow closely.

Seems like it might be an easy tweak in the GrowHub software to go back to Recipe rather than Manual after you make that change. I'm sure you're not the only grower it's happened to.

I'd shoot them an email and link them to your post if they're not following the grow closely.
Agreed. I'm keeping a list of 'recommendations' for @VIVOSUN with proposed changes to the software and this definitely goes to the top of the list so far.

Thanks @DV8 she's coming along nicely.

Luckily on google sheets you can express Date any way you want. This one's for you.
Thanks a bunch mate. Now if I could be so cheeky can you put temps in Celsius?

Or gallons to litres?

Or inches to centimetres?

Haha, Im joking of course. But thats one strange island of imperial you lot have stuck with.

Thanks a bunch mate. Now if I could be so cheeky can you put temps in Celsius?

Or gallons to litres?

Or inches to centimetres?

Haha, Im joking of course. But thats one strange island of imperial you lot have stuck with.
I totally agree. Did you notice amounts are already in liters/ml and weights in mg? Calculating how much water is left is easy in metric, not nearly so in imperial.

Measurements are still in inches and temperatures in Fahrenheit, though. I still can't easily convert either, and have no 'feel' for how many centimeters something is or the temperature in Celsius. The metric system still seems better, I've just been indoctrinated in the imperial system :( Strange island indeed.

Back
Top Bottom