LKABudMan And The Vivosun Auto Oasis - Sponsored By VIVOSUN

== Base Nutrient Change ==
I'm at a crossroads with nutrients right now. I started off using off-the-shelf nutrients and had few problems. I'd get some tip burn occasionally before dialing it back. I started with Advanced Nutrients and they were OK, but way too expensive and too many products needed. I did several grows with Prescription Blend and loved them, really easy to use and beautiful plants. Remo worked out really well until it didn't. I fried one plant and scaled way back... to far back at first. Now I use my MC based nutrients all through flower. I've found it works great for the first 20-25 days. Then I start getting a few deficiencies, nothing too bad. I haven't harvested a healthy-looking auto in a while, though, as they fade fast toward the end. I feel that what I am using is on the low end of what is needed.

Although I have read some studies showing no need for increased P/K or decreased N in flower, how do I explain how all cannabis nutrient lines scaling up P/K in flower, especially weeks 4-6? Why would they recommend this if not needed? Does this explain why my plants are fading during this time?

Last weekend I entered Remo & PB into Hydrobuddy and calculated the recommended dosages of each for each stage of flower. Remo seems way too high, with 222N & 441K at the peak of flower! PB isn't too far from what I'm feeding now. A bit lower in N and higher in everything else, but not too far. I decided to use PB as my new targets.

My 'base' nutrients right now is MC Mix1. I'm still deciding between mix# 2 or 3. I like Mix# 2 for hydro because it has the Bud Explosion as the P/K boost. It's not too different from what I'm running now. Mix# 3 is really close to PB Wk1 and looks like a great flower base. It has Sweet Candy to bump up the P/K/Mg/S. I can scale up either one with Purpinator if needed. I have some I need to use up, and it's easy to measure and use.

Nutrient Comparison.png
KEY: MC=Megacrop 1-part, PB=Prescription Blend, MgN=Magnesium Nitrate, BE=Bud Explosion, MgS=Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom), SC=Sweet Candy, Purp=Purpinator.

Right now I'm leaning toward mix# 3 for the autos, especially since I'll be starting on day# 20 of flower. I'll mix some up and start Gaby on it tomorrow. She's coming into the end of the stretch and into the part of flower I usually start to have problems. It should be easy to spot any issues on her. Except for a few LST marks on a couple of leaves, she's still looking nearly flawless :)
20231214_100134.jpg
When this grow.was over....did you still like mix #3 the best?

I'd like to use Bud Explosion, 0-26-37, in flower. Green leaf says to use 1g, assuming on top of 5.5g MC. Thoughs?

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
Sponsored by VIVOSUN and Herbies US Express

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS.

Vivosun GrowHub 42A ** -Vegetative- mode
  • Vivosun AeroLight A200SE - The world’s first 200W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
    • 06:00-22:00 Spectrum:Flower, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES 24" (45DLI)
  • Circulation Fan
    • 22:00-06:00 - Speed 1
    • 06:00-22:00 - Natural
  • AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating using Circulation Fan settings above
  • AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
    • 22:00-06:00 High 658% RH, Speed 10, default off
    • 06:00-22:00 High 82F / 66% RH, Speed 10, default off
** All controlled on my smartphone through the VIVOSUN App (wi-fi)

Other Equipment:
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillating horizontally and vertically on 'Natural Breeze' mode

Lizzy (Herbies Seeds Bruce Banner Auto)
Date: 4/10/24 Day# 56
Medium: 5G SIP Bucket with Coco & Dynomyco
Nutrients: 5.5MC+.5SC+.5MgS (1050/5.8)​

I've got Lizzy as high as I go with the MC (5.5g/G), and I've started a little Sweet Candy & Epsom as well. I added some Silica this time, but I have Stout MSA, which is actually acidic (lowers pH). I ended up adding some pH up after to get it up to around 5.9. Today it read at 6.0, so pretty stable. Next time I'll skip my usual pH up (to counter my 110/7.9 well water) and just see if the MSA can lower the pH enough. Based on some research (below), I'll be switching the Sweet Candy to Bud Explosion with the next feeding.
Bruce Banner Tracker.png
Lizzy has finished eight weeks of veg and still no flowers. Granted, she was being poisoned for most of that time ;) It still looks like she could start flower any day, though. Her nodes are stacking and she's throwing pistils and trichomes everywhere. I'll keep up with the occasional snip and pinch to keep her cleaned up and slightly stressed. Flowers are coming any day now...

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

Let's hope for an old Shaq-like dunk where the whole backboard gets shattered! 🏀
Flowers. At this point, all I want is FLOWERS!
Nice training on that girl. The light looks pretty powerful for the size!! Happy Tuesday!! 😎✌️
Thanks Scottay. It's 200W and has a nice spread. I also love the fan in the middle of the AeroLight blowing right down into the middle of the plant, it feels like it keeps the middle more open.
This demonstrates why we should stick with our problem plants.

I think it improves us as growers. Our problem so,fingers skills.

Good job Cool Hand Luke 🤩
Thanks Trala. In veg, there is little that can't be fixed by fixing the inputs: nutrients/water, light, VPD (temp&RH), circulation. The only time I've given up on a plant is a stunted auto. It takes work to get a plant through flower, and for me it's just not worth it for less than an ounce. Otherwise, I'm gonna find a way to make that girl SING!
When this grow.was over....did you still like mix #3 the best?

I'd like to use Bud Explosion, 0-26-37, in flower. Green leaf says to use 1g, assuming on top of 5.5g MC. Thoughs?
Yes, I've had the best results using mix# 3. I used the same mix on Moira (in the vGrow) and she was healthy all through flower.

I've read the main difference between Sweet Candy (SC) & Bud Explosion (BE) is that SC has soil conditioners added. Being that I'm currently growing in coco & hydro and not in soil, I should really switch to BE as well. I ran the numbers, and BE is stronger in P/K (0-26-37 vs 0-17-28) but not quite as much magnesium. I'm still modeling these numbers after Prescription Blend, and based on what I'm seeing in my 5x5 using PB I still think that's a good thing. BTW, if your water is soft at all I'd get a good Silica to add in as well. It will help stabilize the pH and really helps the plant as well.
Nutrient Comparision SC vs BE.png
So slightly less BE and more MgS to get close to the same numbers. It looks really easy to over-do it with the BE. I'll use BE going forward for Lizzy: mix4 for transition and week#1, mix4.1 for week#1, mix4.2 for weeks 3-4, and back to mix 4.2 for the rest of flower (mimicking PB). I'll be adding in Silica as well (Stout MSA is what I have right now). Let me know if you want me to run any other numbers and Happy Growing.

My experience, do not use Bud Explosion until After the first week of signs of pistils. Safer to wait until at least the second week of flower.

And reduce the amount of Mega Crop by how much Bud Explosion you decide to add.

My first sign of problems was corkscrewed new growth. And after that nutrient burn o_O

I'm not convinced it is worth using and have not used it in my current grow !

Cheers

My experience, do not use Bud Explosion until After the first week of signs of pistils. Safer to wait until at least the second week of flower.

And reduce the amount of Mega Crop by how much Bud Explosion you decide to add.

My first sign of problems was corkscrewed new growth. And after that nutrient burn o_O

I'm not convinced it is worth using and have not used it in my current grow !

Cheers
Thanks Chuckeye. I don't usually use anything but MC (and maybe silica) in veg, working up to 5.5g/G and staying at 5.5g/G all through flower. I've been starting Sweet Candy (SC) as soon as they start to flower, working up from .5g/G to 1.5g/G and back down. It's worked well for the last couple of plants. I'll be using the BE at a lighter dose, but to similar NPK numbers. I'll keep my eye out for any burn, but so far I've done well shooting for the Rx blend NPK targets.

I miss Prescription Blend. 😭
I was going to use Prescription Blend as my base nutrient package forever. I just wish I had stocked up before the fall, I would have grabbed a case of it...

I miss Prescription Blend. 😭
I was going to use Prescription Blend as my base nutrient package forever. I just wish I had stocked up before the fall, I would have grabbed a case of it...
They are the best nutrients I've used. I'm modeling my other nutrients off of PB's NPK with some success. I'm still tweaking, adding silica, etc. Let me know what nutrients you are using and I'll run it through Hydrobuddy and get you the PB equivalent.
I am with you on that RedskinnedRhino I have half a bottle left on A and B a little less of the other two bottles. :lot-o-toke: 🍋
Yea, it sucks that you can't get them anymore. What are you planning on using when they run out?

They are the best nutrients I've used. I'm modeling my other nutrients off of PB's NPK with some success. I'm still tweaking, adding silica, etc. Let me know what nutrients you are using and I'll run it through Hydrobuddy and get you the PB equivalent.
I've been using 'Super Thrive' as my base grow nutrient, 'Gold Shield' silica, Big Bloom for an organic input (poo), and then the Remo line for the cal/mag, bloom,micro,nature's candy, and kelp. I have other stuff around (foop, general hydroponics, mega crop, fox farm trio, etc) but I haven't been using them recently.
Without the Rx blend, I was flying blind for a while, grasping for anything I could replace it with.

I've been using 'Super Thrive' as my base grow nutrient, 'Gold Shield' silica, Big Bloom for an organic input (poo), and then the Remo line for the cal/mag, bloom,micro,nature's candy, and kelp. I have other stuff around (foop, general hydroponics, mega crop, fox farm trio, etc) but I haven't been using them recently.
Without the Rx blend, I was flying blind for a while, grasping for anything I could replace it with.
What are your thoughts on Foop Rhino?

I only tried it on some vegetable seedlings last summer, and immediately got a nutrient deficiency. It was most likely the combo of switching nutrient lines on young plants, and operator error, but it scared me away until I have more sacrificial plants to test it on. Wish I had more data for you big dog, but I chickened out when my Jalapeño leaves turned yellow, cause I need those jokers for Jalapeño poppers at the beginning of football season!

I only tried it on some vegetable seedlings last summer, and immediately got a nutrient deficiency. It was most likely the combo of switching nutrient lines on young plants, and operator error, but it scared me away until I have more sacrificial plants to test it on. Wish I had more data for you big dog, but I chickened out when my Jalapeño leaves turned yellow, cause I need those jokers for Jalapeño poppers at the beginning of football season!
No thing Rhino. I get your priorities! 🌶️

Yea, it sucks that you can't get them anymore. What are you planning on using when they run out?
I have General Hydroponics for this year Maxi Grow and Maxi Bloom.

Super Thrive is listed as a vitamin supplement and I can't find any NPK or analysis on it. The problem I have with Remo is it's hard to get enough Ca/Mg without getting too much N. Magnifical is 3-0-0 and you need 19ml/G to get 100ppm Ca, which gives you 151N. The Micro (3-0-1) actually has more Ca. You only need 13ml/G to get you 100ppm Ca, putting you at 103N. Everything else has N too, though, and it's hard to build anything without >150N in it with Remo. The closest I can come with Remo (and added Epsom) is:
Nutrient Comparision Remo_BB.png

Big Bloom is a good way to scale up P/K. I'd add 5ml in week2&5 of flower, and 10ml/G in weeks 3&4. I'd keep the silica and superthrive as well. This should come close to matching PB. Of course, you'll burn through the micro pretty quick like this.
I have four Jalapeño plants started for this year, love those poppers!

I just looked at them. They're fish-based organic, which is good I guess. They're mostly water, though, most are less 5% nutrients and over 95% water. I don't see any Ca/Mg listed. The labels show you needed 60ml/G in flower for most of them, so you'll burn through it pretty quickly.

I too was distraught after I found out prescription blend was no more. Luckily I had enough nutrients at the time. But as we all know, good things come to an end. I really enjoyed the pb line. It's a damn shame. It has left me exploring the nutrient market, which is full of a bunch of bs. Everyone makes claims the can't back up. I've currently found a supplement that is sufficient. But by no means is it pb. I've started to supplement the line I'm using with microbes. Fingers crossed! I will be watching ya from afar!

20240411_160029.jpg

20240411_160034.jpg

I have General Hydroponics for this year Maxi Grow and Maxi Bloom.
With MaxiGrow (10-5-14) and MaxiBloom (5-15-14), I can come close to PB but either you'll have a bit too much N or P. Here is what I'm seeing for flower:
Nutrient Comparision GH_Maxi.png

You may want to add .25g/G Epsom (bumps up 8MG+9S), and I'd add a good silica as well. Good luck with your grow this year!

Bro... I've been calling this stuff Super Thrive for months. I even wrote Super Thrive on the pipette I use for it... it's actual DynaGro Foliage Pro. (It does say Superthrive on the bottle too, so I'm not a complete idiot)

With MaxiGrow (10-5-14) and MaxiBloom (5-15-14), I can come close to PB but either you'll have a bit too much N or P. Here is what I'm seeing for flower:
Nutrient Comparision GH_Maxi.png

You may want to add .25g/G Epsom (bumps up 8MG+9S), and I'd add a good silica as well. Good luck with your grow this year!
Freaking amazing!

Back
Top Bottom