LST How to do

^ seriously!

I am going to do the entire crop in my journal like this. Having a nice even canopy without a screen sounds really nice....... Thank you!

P.S. do you have a recorded weight for some of your plants in the pictures?

CK

Yes Grooster I think yours would do great LST to opposite side of pot then sides out to edges of pot and lots of bud sites....clones are really nice to LST....and ty for reps brother grower :passitleft:

:thanks: usernamex ...I use just regular electrical wire that you would use in house wiring.... 14 gage i think :grinjoint:

:thanks: Vaporeyes ....glad posting this is helping others :passitleft:

:thanks: rrb1 ... I think this works great for both ....you can train them to grow where you want them.... so sativa could be kept manageable and indica could be opened up with LST to let light in :bong:

:thanks: again Grooster ... and it makes me very happy to know this thread has helped some fellow grower :peace: :passitleft:

Tks PitViper brother grower :passitleft:

:thanks: ClarkKent Now that would make a great journal ....I was going to do a scrog...but need to move girls to dark room every night so have to have movable plants for now....so growing straight up for a grow or two....but that would be great journal....scrog without limitations of screen :smokin:....will be watching for it. Guess that would make it a SOG :passitleft: Sorry not very good at keeping track of weights with all the LST plants ....i pick some early then by the time i borrow scales most is gone :).... defiantly get more LST than growing straight up with CFL

:thanks: dahcwon and C5Rftw :passitleft:
Until recently LST was a must for me cause of space....Now i do it cause want to get the most out of small plants i am growing for quick turn around :grinjoint:
A wise man (Pit) once said ....If you grow them big you don't need to train them cause the weight of buds trains/weights down branches naturally...but if you are in a hurry to get something in flower room LST will get you more bud.

Well how long do you veg and flower for? I would love to know how much dry herb you get out of that 6" mini plant you had

Hey all, just wanted to post some of my pics of LST in action. (thx Tunes) This is from my first grow (current) and I wasn't sure if I wanted to LST or not until I read this awesome thread. I was convinced! Just thought I would add my two cents. Plus I wanna show off my plant bondage! LOL...

Here they are all nice and upright...We'll soon fix that bwahahahhaah! (sorry stoned)...

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_9_010.JPG

And the first tie-down session...I went gentle on em the first day. (sort of)
My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_10_002.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_10_006.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_10_008.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_10_009.jpg

Here's some at day 12 veg...
My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_12_002.jpg

This is showing the counter-balance tie at the base of the stem and also shows how bent this plant is.
My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_12_006.jpg

Lay em on down...
My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_12_009.jpg

A couple at day 15 veg...You can really see how the strings are training the branches in the direction I want.
My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_15_001.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_15_002.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_15_003.jpg

Then Day 22...Getting that bushy effect!! I love it
My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_22_001.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_22_004.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_22_009.jpg

My_1st_Grow_AK-47_Day_22_010.jpg

Well thats my go at LST so far. Thanks again to Tunes420! This is a great thread and I wanted to contribute.

Stay Green!

L8ER

Now thats what i am talking about Grooster ....First time LST and you aced it! Those are bushes to be proud of...glad thread was of some help to ya brother grower and ty for contributing to thread :passitleft:

dahcwon I veg them from 2-5 weeks the 6 inch plant had about 3 weeks veg and had 1 1/2 OZ dried, sticky bud ....smaller plants all had about 1 - 1 1/2 oz each and some i veged longer got 1 1/2 - 2 oz dried bud....Had a small flower room so had to grow them small....If i veged for 5-6 weeks same strain with LST i would average around 2-3 oz per plant

I just came across this excellent info. Question: Is it too late for me to try to LST in any way, shape or form when my plants are 2-1/2 ft tall? If it's too late then does anyone have any suggestions on how to do a halfa@#4s way that will get some of the beneficial effects on 2-1/2 ft tall plants? If I do something with them now then how much longer will I need to stay in veg?

I just came across this excellent info. Question: Is it too late for me to try to LST in any way, shape or form when my plants are 2-1/2 ft tall? If it's too late then does anyone have any suggestions on how to do a halfa@#4s way that will get some of the beneficial effects on 2-1/2 ft tall plants? If I do something with them now then how much longer will I need to stay in veg?

I LST'ed some at 24" towards the end of veg and it worked fine.

The stems are much thicker and woodier, so it really helps to bend them a couple of hours after watering, because it makes them more flexible.

I did it the same way as with smaller plants. First, secured the bottom of the plant with a counter-tie, then put the second tie near the top and bent it over.

You don't have to bend it over all at once. Bend it over a safe amount, and the next day, bend it over some more. When the plant branches out, try to keep all of the growth at the same height by tying down the tallest tops.

It worked *great*.

Lots of secondary colas and they were almost as big as the main cola.

Don't forget to make the first tie down low at the bottom so the roots don't get torn out of the dirt when you bend it over with the second tie.

In that first pic, I started to bend it over before making that counter-tie first and almost ripped the roots.

I like using 1/2" plastic plant tape for my ties because it's gentle on the plants.

It worked *great*.

Lots of secondary colas and they were almost as big as the main cola.

Don't forget to make the first tie down low at the bottom so the roots don't get torn out of the dirt when you bend it over with the second tie.

In that first pic, I started to bend it over before making that counter-tie first and almost ripped the roots.

I like using 1/2" plastic plant tape for my ties because it's gentle on the plants.

Thats a fast and easy technique right there SS... nice

Back
Top Bottom