Maggie: A Pot For Pot Grow Kit, Mars Hydro TSW2000 LED, Approximately 6x6’ Greenhouse In My Room, Zkittlez, Green Crack, Northern Lights, 2021

Hunter401

Started November 11th.

3 Feminized AUTOFLOWERS. 1 Northern Lights. 1 Green Crack. 1 Zkittlez.

A Pot For Pot soil (Superb soil, perlite, coco coir, root booster, beneficial bacteria and diatomaceous earth) in 5 gallon fabric pots.

They’re just in the window right now. Receives maybe 5-6 hours of light. I know it’s not adequate for them.

My Mars Hydro TSW2000 comes this weekend or next weekend. 4x4 veg. 3x3 flower. Full spectrum. 300 watts.

I will move them into an (approximately) 6x6x7’ greenhouse that is setup in my room, hang the light, place an oscillating pedestal fan in there, and I’ll have my window open so they can receive fresh CO2. It’s not perfect conditions, but I cannot afford a grow tent or ventilation system at the moment. I do not have a hygrometer/temp reader. I’m winging it. I could still buy one though.

If I want to keep the light at a constant height over my plants, how many inches should it be from the plants? For the dimmer, what percentage should the light be on for each stage? I understand the plant grows so I’ll have to move the light eventually, probably. These are autoflowers. I’ve read that they should have 18/6 light cycle, and PPFD should remain between 306-613, I believe, for their entire life. Is that true?

What problems might I encounter with my setup?

In A Pot For Pot soil mixture, do you think I’d eventually have to add calcium or magnesium to them?

Started November 11th.

3 Feminized AUTOFLOWERS. 1 Northern Lights. 1 Green Crack. 1 Zkittlez.

A Pot For Pot soil (Superb soil, perlite, coco coir, root booster) in 5 gallon fabric pots.

They’re just in the window right now. Receives maybe 5-6 hours of light. I know it’s not adequate for them.

My Mars Hydro TSW2000 comes this weekend or next weekend. 4x4 veg. 3x3 flower. Full spectrum. 300 watts.

I will move them into an (approximately) 6x6x7’ greenhouse that is setup in my room, hang the light, place an oscillating pedestal fan in there, and I’ll have my window open so they can receive fresh CO2. It’s not perfect conditions, but I cannot afford a grow tent or ventilation system at the moment. I do not have a hygrometer/temp reader. I’m winging it. I could still buy one though.

If I want to keep the light at a constant height over my plants, how many inches should it be from the plants? For the dimmer, what percentage should the light be on for each stage? I understand the plant grows so I’ll have to move the light eventually, probably. These are autoflowers. I’ve read that they should have 18/6 light cycle, and PPFD should remain between 306-613, I believe, for their entire life. Is that true?

What problems might I encounter with my setup?

In A Pot For Pot soil mixture, do you think I’d eventually have to add calcium or magnesium to them?
Hello @Maggiep409 welcome to 420magazine my friend.

You can set your light to 24" and low for seedlings.
As they grow try turning it up 10 % at a time and see how they react.
If they seem to like it try turning it up again.
Your objective is to get it to 100 % as early as you can in flower.
If it's a duel stage light leave both on they need it.
You can leave it on 24hr at first, then I would go 20/4 once they get growing fast.
With out looking up your Pot for Pot mixture I'll tell you right now order nutrients. :Namaste:
@GeoFlora Nutrients would be perfect for you.
Great nutrients so easy to use for you.
I've got a dozen other things to tell you but I'll catch up as you go along.
@Bill284 if you want me or any other member tag like that.
Hope everything goes smoothly for you. ;)
Oh grab a smoke detector and fire extinguisher, very important.

Stay safe
Bill

@Bill284 said it straight. You can keep turning up your light until you see some stress and then back off. That was the approach that I ended up going with.

Depending on where you are located, an open window might make your humidity really low at this time of year. I have a small humidifier that works well and was just laying around the house. I don't have a hygrometer to measure my rh but will be getting one soon.

I've also heard that you can keep the same hours for auto's the entire life. I have not grown any yet.

It sounds like you're ready for this grow! I'll be following along if you don't mind.

You can leave it on 24hr at first, then I would go 20/4 once they get growing fast.
With out looking up your Pot for Pot mixture I'll tell you right now order nutrients. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill
I’ve looked up GeoFlora nutes and they are affordable for me. Just making sure though. This is my Superb Soil mix. Do you think I would still need them?

D3D3F419-8797-473F-8500-D7F95B4730BF.jpeg

Stay safe
Bill
GeoFlora would not be too strong for my autoflowers, right? I’ve heard they get nutrient burn easier than photos.

Stay safe
Bill
I should keep it at 20/4 for the rest of the Autoflower’s life and not lower to 18/6?

@Bill284 said it straight. You can keep turning up your light until you see some stress and then back off. That was the approach that I ended up going with.

Depending on where you are located, an open window might make your humidity really low at this time of year. I have a small humidifier that works well and was just laying around the house. I don't have a hygrometer to measure my rh but will be getting one soon.

I've also heard that you can keep the same hours for auto's the entire life. I have not grown any yet.

It sounds like you're ready for this grow! I'll be following along if you don't mind.
It gets very cold here. Would a warm mist humidifier be acceptable? If I got that, could I shut the window and it would still get CO2?

It gets very cold here. Would a warm mist humidifier be acceptable? If I got that, could I shut the window and it would still get CO2?
I don't know exactly how much CO2 is needed. I don't add any additional CO2 other than a 30 minute window when I'm doing my Insanity workout and breathing in my tent during my water breaks. :D

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to measure first (humidity) and see what you're dealing with.

GeoFlora would not be too strong for my autoflowers, right? I’ve heard they get nutrient burn easier than photos.
Hi Maggie...
Geoflora is not a traditional nutrient... it is an organic growing system. It can NOT burn your plants. Geoflora sets up your good soil to be the perfect organic feeding system with everything the plant will need and the microbes to make it all work. All you have to do is add water, and top feed the geoflora once every two weeks. Your good soil will stay good and still have plenty left over after your first, second and even third grows with it. Geoflora will handle everything. I love the stuff!

Also, lets get you to stop listening to all the hype, right away. Use your logic. An autoflower is an extremely fast growing version of our cannabis. Does it not make logical sense that it could use at least as much, if not more, nutrient than one of its slower growing photo cousins? Makes you wonder, hmmm? Don't believe even half of what you read or see on the internet. Do your own experiments, or follow along on some grows on this forum, and you will catch on. There is a lot of misinformation out there and a lot of good information to be found among these amazing members of this forum.

But... you are going organic, so you have no need to worry. You could put 3x the dosage of geoflora on your plants and it will not burn them. It is totally up to the plant to tell the microbes what nutrients to bring it. The feeding is totally out of your control... the plants and the microbes have it. All you have to do is water.

Hi Maggie...
Geoflora is not a traditional nutrient... it is an organic growing system. It can NOT burn your plants. Geoflora sets up your good soil to be the perfect organic feeding system with everything the plant will need and the microbes to make it all work. All you have to do is add water, and top feed the geoflora once every two weeks. Your good soil will stay good and still have plenty left over after your first, second and even third grows with it. Geoflora will handle everything. I love the stuff!

Also, lets get you to stop listening to all the hype, right away. Use your logic. An autoflower is an extremely fast growing version of our cannabis. Does it not make logical sense that it could use at least as much, if not more, nutrient than one of its slower growing photo cousins? Makes you wonder, hmmm? Don't believe even half of what you read or see on the internet. Do your own experiments, or follow along on some grows on this forum, and you will catch on. There is a lot of misinformation out there and a lot of good information to be found among these amazing members of this forum.

But... you are going organic, so you have no need to worry. You could put 3x the dosage of geoflora on your plants and it will not burn them. It is totally up to the plant to tell the microbes what nutrients to bring it. The feeding is totally out of your control... the plants and the microbes have it. All you have to do is water.
And that does make a lot of sense. Thank you for clearing up that misinformation.

I don't know exactly how much CO2 is needed. I don't add any additional CO2 other than a 30 minute window when I'm doing my Insanity workout and breathing in my tent during my water breaks. :D

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to measure first (humidity) and see what you're dealing with.
Do you have a ventilation system in your grow tent?

Welcome to 420, Maggie !:welcome:
? If I got that, could I shut the window and it would still get CO2?
There's probably more C02 in your house than there is outside, in fact, it's everywhere...
No need to leave the window open.
There is a method of growing that uses additional C02, but that's a whole different thing than what you're doing...

Keep your window closed my friend.
The air in house will be fine.
Do you have a way to measure rh before you buy a humidifier?
As stated Geoflora will work well for you

Stay safe
Bill

Found you!

Maggie, household humidity may be too low for your young seedlings, they prefer up to 70% now and down to around 45% during flower. I would definitely grab a humidifier until you get set up or at least a hydrometer to see where you're at. Do you have any kind of grow light at home to use where you could stick her in a closet, perhaps?
Nutrients...huge role! Please check out @Prescription Blend, they are very easy to use with soil and have amazing results although I have heard good things on your choice.

Spacing lights and temperature controls. See what kinds of vents you are working with inline system, exhaust. Seedlings like 24-30 inches generally from an LED. I use @Mars Hydro also in there FC4800 unit. I'm sure they would love to welcome you here and chime in!

Please lmk how I can further help you get set up, now knowing you are a fellow grower and in a tent (soon) with Mars Hydro, we have a lot to talk about! Good luck and glad I found your journal, now you just need to link it to your signature so everyone can see it, too!

Edit...just saw they were 5 weeks old already! Do you have pics?

Keep your window closed my friend.
The air in house will be fine.
Do you have a way to measure rh before you buy a humidifier?
As stated Geoflora will work well for you

Stay safe
Bill
I haven’t got an RH meter or anything. I just started looking into them. Do you have one? Would you recommend it?

Back
Top Bottom