Maineiac's 1st Journal, Outdoor Grow, Organic, Black & Blue Hyena Strains

maineiac

I have grown outdoor last year for the first time. Seedlings will be going outdoors about the first of June. Seeds were given to me by Hyena Merica for evaluation. I'll do the best I can, lol. I hope you guys will give me alot of help.

Strains: Black Hyena and Blue Hyena are two strains created by Hyena Merica. I'm proud to evaluate them.
Soil: in ground, old pasture area, will mineralize with Doc Bud's 6-5-3 mineral supplement. I have added compost and will mulch with Coast of Maine mulch, and mulch hay on top of that. Many worms - hoping to not need EWC.
Nutrients: if necessary, I will use Earth Juice (organic nutrients) line.
Water: I plan to use tap water when necessary. We live in the country, with artisan wells.

Last year I had bud rot on one plant, so this year I hope to install a hoop house to keep fall rains off nearly finished buds.

05072017_018.JPG

05072017_017.JPG

I hope this journal experience will go well, and share much information back and forth. Thanks to :420: for providing a great tool to exchange information. Did I miss anything? You tell me, lol.

Update on Black and Blue Hyenas. How much can change in 3 days? I know, right? But some things have changed. The timer broke in my veg room. In there, were my tomato, and peppers, seedlings, clones, and a mother. I left the light on 24/7 for 3 days which washed out the vegetable seedlings. I removed the veg seedlings to the kitchen table to finish until outside planting. Clones and Hyena seedlings are still under flourescents still at 24/7.

Also in this outside grow I have some Purple Haze clones and a couple white widow seedlings from Robert Bergman. About 2 1/2 weeks until outdoor planting.

This journal if primarily to showcase the Blue Hyena and Black Hyena girls for evaluation. Here's a couple photo's to update this journal with. Just taken this morning after rearranging the veg room and kitchen table, lol.

05102017_002.JPG

05102017_001.JPG

Afternoon, guys! I hope the weather is as nice where you are, as it is here. Finally warming up here in the great state of Maine.

Kinda quiet on the growing front since my last update. I'm recovering from surgery and doing well. So I thought I'd update my journal with some fresh pictures of Black Hyena and Blue Hyena seedlings.

Without further Adieu -
05132017_010.JPG

05132017_009.JPG

Oh, and just 2 more weeks to setting outdoors time!

Welcome savingson. Great to have you along for the ride.

Hey BF. ty

I realize there isn't much going yet However, I decided to spice things up a little. I'm putting 4 Purple haze clones outdoors, as well as some White Widow seedlings. So all together, I should have a dozen plants - total for Julie and myself, legally. Will be more interesting I think. BTW, the Purple Haze clones really look nice. Almost can't believe I grew those, lol.

Pictures up tomorrow, I promise.

Hi guys,

Having nice weather up here. Today hit 90 degrees. I have been taking the plants outside to harden off (get used to outdoors) for the last 3 days. Supposed to get to lower 40's between now and planting time, so I won't put them in the ground until the appointed time, lol.

My mom isn't doing well. I'm hoping not to have to delay the journal, but this may be a reason. I hope not.

I took a pic of the Black Hyenas, and the Blue Hyenas all together. I have them labeled each, so I won't get them mixed up.
05182017_003.JPG

05182017_004.JPG

The next pic is 4 Purple Haze clones I've been wanting to get into the ground. They smoke well, and finish blooming in 65 days. I'm chopping one tomorrow, at 66 days, indoors.
05182017_007.JPG

These plants are better to look at, than me!! :rofl:

:peacetwo:

Re: Maineiac's 1st Journal - Outdoor Grow - Organic - Black & Blue Hyena Strains

Maineiac,
Heya Bud I'm subbed up here bro.
Things are right on track I see. Gonna be a very nice season.

Sorry to hear bout your mom.
Later on man, have a great day.

Hey bud, so far so good. Sorry to hear about your Mom, hope she gets better.

Be strong and take care.

Peace, Hyena

Hey H.M.

Thank you for your concern.

Mom is probably in her last visit to the hospital. She'll not get better. I don't think she'll go home again. We're staying close so her passing will be easier on her. Life still goes on.

Cool weather here. A greenhouse would warm up the soil. Well, maybe next year. Probably won't put plants outside until after June 1st. Always cold for Memorial Day. We'll see. I'll post updated pictures on Wednesday, sorry. I need to reorganize the grow room again, and taking shifts to be with Mom. Hope all is well with you H.M., and everyone.

Good Evening folks. Hope your day was a great one!

Spring is busting out all over!! lol. Planting season is around the corner, beds need to be prepared. So many little things to do, and rain here! So we still do the best we can. So, I decided to see if the plants will become hardened if I leave them out all night. With the rain, I don't think it'll be very cold. I'd like to get them into the ground so they can get used to outdoors soil, then get a good veg on.

In other news, I have peas growing well, so I know the soil is quite well mineralized. I'm looking forward to this grow, in a new garden plot, with new strains (Black Hyena (5), and Blue Hyena (3)), and 5 Purple Haze clones. Incidently, the Hyena strains were given to me for evaluation by Hyena Merica. Also, that's the reason this journal was created.

Well, with all this chatter, I did manage to take some pics of the seedlings today, even in the rain.
First image is the 5 Purple Haze clones, group shot.
05252017_001.JPG

Next Pic is of the 5 Black Hyenas group shot.
05252017_005.JPG

And the last pic is a group shot of the three Blue Hyena seedlings. BTW, there were 4, but one was damaged when the cup fell while I was moving them outdoors. I really need a cold frame for spring. That would save so much transferring seedlings in and out every day. Live and learn.
05252017_003.JPG

They'll go in the ground around June 1st, as Memorial Day seems to be the last of the colder weather. Almost always cold and rainy here during then.

Nice grow and I'm along for the ride now. Since I don't know your actual garden situation, make sure you plant those out of public site to keep it legal ("A person who elects to cultivate marijuana shall ensure the marijuana is not visible from a public way without the use of binoculars, aircraft or other optical aids and shall take reasonable precautions to prevent unauthorized access by a person under 21 years of age.")

Good luck! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom