WreckLoose Outdoor Soil Auto: GSC, Gelato, Blue Dream Matic, Californian Snow, Grow Journal 2020

De nada hermano

Since your new growth looks good, I would only make minor adjustments. What you mixed with the Super provides:
48N
44P

It’s a little low on N. A better mix would probably be:
0.5ml/L Crecimiento
0.5ml/L Floración
0.25ml/L Super

which would provide:
87 N
45 P
109 K

:surf:

Edited to say that I have no experience with molasses. I do know that the plant makes its own sugars, and if the viscosity/concentration of ions, sugars, etc outside the roots is higher than the concentration inside, the plant will jettison what it has worked to create, in order to satisfy the principle of osmosis, which is to attempt to equalize the two sides. So be careful what you choose to feed - if the plant already makes it, maybe go with less or not at all.

It’s a little low on N. A better mix would probably be:
0.5ml/L Crecimiento
0.5ml/L Floración
0.25ml/L Super

I'll definitely be giving these measurements a try next feed and let you know how it goes. :Namaste:

Thanks for the info hermano, super helpful indeed! If I do go with some molasses I'll go very light, maybe 1 teaspoon per gallon every other watering between feeds. Then again, I might just leave it out, I was thinking it would be helpful for the Mg but if it ain't broke... (not too broke anyway :laughtwo:) don't fix it.

Day 70: Week 10

Not much to report again this week, everything seems to be plain sailing at this point *touch wood*. Weather has been consistently sunny while not getting too hot which is great. I think the Gelato and CS are just a couple weeks away from harvest, while the GSC is a few days behind. I think the BDM will go 14 weeks in the end but will probably yield the most by far. The tipping is slowly continuing but I'm not too worried as they'll only have a couple more feeds before harvest. All is well. ✌

Gelato

IMG_20200618_221142.jpg
IMG_20200618_221705.jpg

CS

IMG_20200618_235654.jpg
IMG_20200618_191535.jpg

GSC

IMG_20200618_191947.jpg
IMG_20200618_234556.jpg

BDM

IMG_20200618_221925.jpg

Excellent first grow! :welldone:

Gracias Felipe! :Namaste: Thanks to the awesome people on this forum it's been a great experience from the very beginning. This will be the first of many, I'm sure.

Your plants are looking good. Looks like you’ll have a good harvest.

Thanks BigD! I sure hope so! I actually failed to mention that I've been doing this entire grow with no weed to smoke at all since March. Considering I didn't go a day without it for over 10 years, I'm more than looking forward to enjoying the fruits of my labour to say the least! :lot-o-toke:

Day 77: Week 11

Really on the home stretch now. :yahoo: I think I can let the Gelato go another week but I feel like I'm seeing quite a lot of amber on the Californian Snow so she might be coming down any day now. The GSC is coming along nicely and smelling lovely but I think she'll go another 10 days or so. The Blue Dream Matic on the other hand will go another 3 weeks for sure, possibly longer but she's going to be a little beast. My target yield when starting was 200g total, I'm not entirely confident I'll reach it but I'll be happy with whatever I get.

Gelato

IMG_20200625_233825.jpg
IMG_20200626_003524.jpg

CS

IMG_20200625_232932.jpg
IMG_20200626_002523.jpg

GSC

IMG_20200625_224752.jpg

BDM

IMG_20200625_200505.jpg

I forgot to mention that I've been stressing for days worrying about not having a space with good drying conditions. The temps are getting higher by the day and RH is all over the place. I'm so glad to have found the 'Low and Slow' thread, it's an absolute gold mine and full of great info which is saving me from many a headache. :thumb:

Looking pretty crystalline - not much cloudy yet. :drool:

Was the amber on a sugar leaf?

True, I'm hoping they'll cloud up over the next few days or so.

I don't think so, but honestly it's hard to tell when trying to hold still while taking the pictures haha. :laughtwo:

I did think it was strange to see so much clear and amber at the same time, feels like it skipped the cloudy part. :hmmmm:

To me, it looks like the amber might have been on a leaf, and the trichs on the flowers (on the right) were still mostly clear.

That would definitely make more sense. :thumb: Just going to keep a close eye on them every day and take them down at about 10-20% amber.

Great plants, WL - a killer 1st grow!

Seeing the trichome density on those is inspiring. I'm not getting mine quite to that level - still happy with them, but yeah, I can see that I have room to improve! :laughtwo:

:thanks: NC! I wish I could tell you that there's some sort of secret to it but it seems to just be blind luck in my case. That and lots of help from the great community of people on this forum who are always willing to help. :Namaste:

Day 87: Week 12

Harvest day for the Gelato and Californian Snow! :yahoo: The GSC still has another few days, possibly a week to finish and the BDM is lagging way behind as it has from the very beginning, probably another couple weeks at least (pics later).

I chopped them down a branch at a time, trimmed everything that didn't have sugar, washed them and now they're hanging for a few hours before going into paper bags and then into the fridge for 'Lo & Slo'. I'm holding back a branch of each to continue to hang dry, just to see what difference it makes.

Gelato nug and bones

IMG_20200705_163320.jpg
IMG_20200705_202512.jpg

CS nug and bones

IMG_20200705_183435.jpg
IMG_20200705_202635.jpg

Both in the box

IMG_20200705_184851.jpg

Day 92: Week 13

While the CS and Gelato dry in the fridge, nice and slow the GSC and BDM are still going strong. The GSC is getting the chop tomorrow as she's looking ripe for the picking. :drool:The BDM will probably go another week or two but she's thickening up real nice.

BDM

IMG_20200711_152021.jpg

GSC (and trichomes)

IMG_20200711_151915.jpg
IMG_20200710_123751_BURST20.jpg
IMG_20200710_123832_BURST19.jpg
IMG_20200710_123509_BURST14.jpg

Also had my first smoke in 15 weeks last night and was over the moon with my handy work. Considering my tester nugs were basically flash dried and only cured a few days it really packed a punch and wasn't nearly as harsh as expected. I've definitely smoked much worse in my day. Very excited to see what the real deal is like when it's slow dried and fully cured. :thumb:

IMG_20200711_144634.jpg

Passed the white ash test.

IMG_20200711_144704.jpg

Passed the white ash test.
I only ever get black ash, or a mix of black and white, and I have absolutely no idea why, or if it even matters. The more I read about black vs white ash, the less I understand - every reason under the sun is given as ways to get black or white ashes.

Do you have any ideas how you end up with that, or is it like your super dense trichs; ascribed to luck (say, where can I get me some of that luck-thing :p).

Looks good. What did you use to take your trichome pics?

I’m not sure about the black/white ash either. If it isn’t too harsh & gets me high, I’m happy. :ganjamon:

The more I read about black vs white ash, the less I understand - every reason under the sun is given as ways to get black or white ashes.

Do you have any ideas how you end up with that, or is it like your super dense trichs; ascribed to luck (say, where can I get me some of that luck-thing :p).

I guess it's just something I've been aware of for a long time but after some reading I think it might just be some good old fashioned bro science, much like flushing is. Think it might just come down to what climate your smoking in. Hot and dry apparently leads to white ash. I thought this article was pretty interesting.

Haha, it does seem to be beginners luck I'm afraid! I definitely give a lot of credit to the Mediterranean climate too though. :thumb:

Looks good. What did you use to take your trichome pics?

I’m not sure about the black/white ash either. If it isn’t too harsh & gets me high, I’m happy. :ganjamon:

I have a 40x jewelers loupe that I line up with the lense on my phone and then zoom in x8. Seems to do the trick pretty well.

Turns out I'm not too sure either. :hmmmm: Haha, that's my way of thinking too BigD! :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom