HashGirl's 2021/2022 Grow: Blue Dream, Clementine, Gelato & Pineapple Express In ProMix

Loving the BD and the Clems personally!

Thanks. I think they look good, too.

And I'd say the browning on those leaves is light burn.

Really? Should I turn my light down to 75%?

Also before you go perpetual it would be great to be able to clean out all the growing spaces so you're not perpetually dealing with those bug issues. Maybe by this summer you could harvest everything in the tents, sterilize them, and start from seed again on the perpetual. Can you grow enough plants outside to keep you in meds during the downtime?

It's my intention to clean out each tent as it is emptied. Do you have any suggestions other than using the diluted bleach I usually use?

Thanks. I think they look good, too.

It's my intention to clean out each tent as it is emptied. Do you have any suggestions other than using the diluted bleach I usually use?
I do. After the bleach wash finish it with a 10% lemon juice and warm water wash. That's what I do. The citric acid takes away the bleach smell and the thin bleach residue that's invisible but there.

Not for one plant in a whole tent, no. Can you gently bend the leaders down to the next lowest layer of the canopy?
It's hard to keep bugs from migrating from one tent to another. After all, they migrated in from outside! But if you have to do them one at a time, you would need to do the veg tent first. If the flower tent gets cleaned before the veg tent then the bugs repopulate the flower tent from the incoming veg plants.

That's why it's best to start with no new seeds until the tents are empty and clean (that includes lights and fans and the little nooks and crannies of the vent ports).

Not for one plant in a whole tent, no. Can you gently bend the leaders down to the next lowest layer of the canopy?

The plant that is showing the most damage is the second shortest in the tent and is one of 3 Pineapple Expresses in the tent. The other 2 have some damage, too but not as much.

It's hard to keep bugs from migrating from one tent to another. After all, they migrated in from outside! But if you have to do them one at a time, you would need to do the veg tent first. If the flower tent gets cleaned before the veg tent then the bugs repopulate the flower tent from the incoming veg plants.

I don't have a designated veg tent. All 3 tents are used for both veg and flower.
That's why it's best to start with no new seeds until the tents are empty and clean (that includes lights and fans and the little nooks and crannies of the vent ports).

I talked to Felonious about it this morning and between the two of us, we'll figure out how to clean all 3 tents. It might mean my plans for the summer will change if we wait to do it when all the plants I'm currently growing are done as that won't be until June.

The plant that is showing the most damage is the second shortest in the tent and is one of 3 Pineapple Expresses in the tent. The other 2 have some damage, too but not as much.

I don't have a designated veg tent. All 3 tents are used for both veg and flower.

I talked to Felonious about it this morning and between the two of us, we'll figure out how to clean all 3 tents. It might mean my plans for the summer will change if we wait to do it when all the plants I'm currently growing are done as that won't be until June.
Hi HG - not sure how you go about cleaning your tent out, I enlist a helper for that chore. But I have them do exactly as I would do if I were walking, and it only takes about half an hour total. Once the tent is completely clear and the light taken out (but the hooks and cord and stuff still in place) we put a thick pad down on the floor. We use paint tarps. Then you can put a ladder (a 6-footer usually works real well, most people have one) inside the tent. This allows quick and easy access to the fan and filter and ceiling - the three areas most people either miss or forget when they clean their tents. I know I did the first time. So the fan, filter, and ceiling are all done with a rag (rag and bucket in play here). First the peroxide treatment (or whatever you use). Then we use a swifter with a mop rectangle on it, one of the firmish ones that's towel-esque, and it's on the pole, so we do the walls all around with that. Also with the rag we do the round ports. Then you're down to the floor, and you simply remove everything and do the floor last. I pay particular attention to the folded over seams if you have any, almost everyone does in a tent. Pollen and mold and such collect under the folded over seams. Then you're done.

It sounds complicated maybe, but it's really quite easy and very quick, and I have not had a repeat event yet doing it that way, meaning if I had a pollen or bug or mold issue I got it all on the cleaning.

Maybe all that is obvious and unnecessary, but there's kind of a step by step of how I/we do it. For what it's worth!

I asked Felonious if I could just spray Bug spray in the tent and close the door until everything is dead? And, then clean. But he crushed that idea. :laughtwo:

I asked Felonious if I could just spray Bug spray in the tent and close the door until everything is dead? And, then clean. But he crushed that idea. :laughtwo:
Take him out for a big ice cream cone, then ask him again. Maybe he was just in a bad mood. :laughtwo:

At the same time? I don't think I knew that! Not even just a flower tent? Does that mean some of your autos are running at 12/12?

I would think that mapping out the perpetual and how to best use the three tents would be a good idea before starting out. Like one auto, one veg, and one flower...something like that.
we'll figure out how to clean all 3 tents.
:thumb:

Much better than fighting pests with every plant that comes through!

I actually do surface spray mine. The flap on my veg tent stays open. I spray it then leave the tent open for the day. I also clean my tent weekly, when I say clean I just mean dust pan the bottom, and change the water on my moats. I have my drip trays placed in a larger drip tray with water which creates a moat. My nursery dude told me spider mites often ride in on the back of ants. This stops ants entering.

Starting again with seeds has been a game changer for me. In hindsight all of my clones had mites, which made the struggle ongoing.

I also used different sprays too. These are my mixes, in case it helps.

6A3FE6F0-985F-4FB0-9FB7-CCA4F476BEB0.jpeg

Good news, since introducing a new seed breed, zero spider mites *touching wood*

I actually considered that too!!! Why did he put the kebash on that idea?

Take him out for a big ice cream cone, then ask him again. Maybe he was just in a bad mood. :laughtwo:

:laughtwo:

At the same time? I don't think I knew that! Not even just a flower tent? Does that mean some of your autos are running at 12/12?

I currently have 2 tents in flower and one tent in veg. 1 Dark Devil is in the veg tent and the other one is in a flower tent as it looks like it's started flowering. Both Blueberry autos are in flowering tents because they're both flowering.

I would think that mapping out the perpetual and how to best use the three tents would be a good idea before starting out. Like one auto, one veg, and one flower...something like that.

:thumb:

It is my intention to have 2 veg tents and only 1 flower tent as taking care of 8 plants while flowering is a lot.

Much better than fighting pests with every plant that comes through!

If it only takes half an hour (according to Jon [?]) to do a thorough cleaning, then I think I'm going to proceed with my summer grow plans and together Felonious and I will remove all the plants from the tent and then clean them rather than stopping the summer grow plans.

I actually do surface spray mine. The flap on my veg tent stays open. I spray it then leave the tent open for the day. I also clean my tent weekly, when I say clean I just mean dust pan the bottom, and change the water on my moats. I have my drip trays placed in a larger drip tray with water which creates a moat. My nursery dude told me spider mites often ride in on the back of ants. This stops ants entering.

Starting again with seeds has been a game changer for me. In hindsight all of my clones had mites, which made the struggle ongoing.

I also used different sprays too. These are my mixes, in case it helps.

6A3FE6F0-985F-4FB0-9FB7-CCA4F476BEB0.jpeg

Good news, since introducing a new seed breed, zero spider mites *touching wood*

Thanks, Tra. I know you're the Neat Queen.:love:

I actually considered that too!!! Why did he put the kebash on that idea?

He didn't actually say no. He just laughed.

1 Dark Devil is in the veg tent and the other one is in a flower tent as it looks like it's started flowering. Both Blueberry autos are in flowering tents because they're both flowering.
Why are you moving your autos to the 12/12 tent ever? They'll produce more if left in the veg tent.
Felonious and I will remove all the plants from the tent and then clean them rather than stopping the summer grow plans.
When you put the plants back in the tent you're back where you started. The bugs mostly live in the plants, and they will repopulate the tent within days.

Why are you moving your autos to the 12/12 tent ever? They'll produce more if left in the veg tent.

I didn't know they produced more in the veg tent. I thought lighting didn't matter to autos.

When you put the plants back in the tent you're back where you started. The bugs mostly live in the plants, and they will repopulate the tent within days.

What about if we Safer them all before putting them back?

I didn't know they produced more in the veg tent. I thought lighting didn't matter to autos.
The light schedule doesn't matter to autos as they flower when they're ready. If you leave them in the veg tent they'll get more light and grow bigger flowers.
What about if we Safer them all before putting them back?
When the next batch hatch you're back where you started. That's why it's best to spray every other day with something for three weeks. Kill them as they hatch.

When the next batch hatch you're back where you started. That's why it's best to spray every other day with something for three weeks. Kill them as they hatch.

I have been spraying them every other day for the past few weeks.

*** Weekly Update ***

Good afternoon.

It's time for my weekly update. Here are this week's highlights:

• Everything was Safered 3x this week.
  • However, I think BBa2 is done as I think the thrips have sucked out all the living parts of the plant and she now smells like hay so I think I'm going to chop and chuck.
  • Blue Dream, Dark Devil 1 and PE3 all grew 3+ inches this week.
Here are this week's pics:

420 Update.jpg

BBa1 - Day 42 (+67):

BBa1-a.jpeg

BBa1-c.jpeg

BBa2 - Day 61 (+48):

BBa2-1 - IMG_7656 3.jpg

BBa2-2 - IMG_7658 4.jpeg

BD - Day 102 (+30):

BD-1 - IMG_7666.jpeg

BD-2 - IMG_7667.jpeg

BD-3 - IMG_7669.jpeg

BD-4 - IMG_7670.jpeg

To be continued...

*** Weekly Update cont'd...***

CLEM1 - Day 85 (+67):

Clem1-a - IMG_7638.jpeg

Clem1-b - IMG_7639.jpeg

Hmmm... it looks like I forgot to take a SaugaView™ pic for this one. Sorry about that.

CLEM2 - Day 83 (+67):

Clem2-1 - IMG_7643.jpeg

Clem2-2 - IMG_7647.jpeg

Clem2-3 - IMG_7650.jpeg

DDa1 - Day 19:

DDa1-1 - IMG_7671.jpeg

DDa1-2 - IMG_7676.jpeg

DDa2 - Day 19:

DDa2-1 - IMG_7632.jpeg

DDa2-2 - IMG_7633.jpeg

To be continued...

*** Weekly Update cont'd...***

PE1 - Day 102 (+30):

PE1-1 - IMG_7687.jpeg

PE1-2 - IMG_7689.jpeg

PE1-3 - IMG_7690.jpeg

PE1-4 - IMG_7692.jpeg

PE2 - Day 102 (+30):

PE2-1 - IMG_7682.jpeg

PE2-2 - IMG_7685.jpeg

PE2-3 - IMG_7686.jpeg

PE3 - Day 102 (+30):

PE3-1 - IMG_7660.jpeg

The flowers on PE3 are all coming in with lots of orange pistils:

PE3-2 - IMG_7661.jpeg

PE3-3 - IMG_7664.jpeg

And, that's everything. Thanks for following along. Comments and questions are always welcome.

Back
Top Bottom