HashGirl's Summer 2022 Grow Journal

Next up is Chronic x Northern Lights.

The only big news about her is that I had to stake her as one cola kept going horizontal. Here are the pics:

CxNL - Day 38F:

CxNL - Day 44F:

CxNL - Day 54F:

Thanks for following along. Your support is appreciated.

Today, let's shine the spotlight on Northern Soul. She's got the prettiest leaves in my opinion.

420 NS Update - 13-Dec-22.jpg

Northern Soul - Day 36F:

Northern Soul - Day 44F:

Northern Soul - Day 54F:

Northern Soul - Day 58F:

That's it for the Northern Soul. I see mainly cloudy trichomes. What do you think?

Today, let's shine the spotlight on Northern Soul. She's got the prettiest leaves in my opinion.

Northern Soul - Day 36F:

Northern Soul - Day 44F:

Northern Soul - Day 54F:

Northern Soul - Day 58F:

That's it for the Northern Soul. I see mainly cloudy trichomes. What do you think?

I think she's looking really good. My preference would be to wait just a few days more, but I think you prefer a bit of energy to the high?

Your Northern Soul looks great in the spotlight.

It looks like it’s all preference now as when to bring her down or hang her up.
I like my plants to be finished putting out new pistols, slowed way down on the drinking and be good and cloudy with a good number of amber trichome.
Sometimes growing my autos the trichomes don‘t always color up for me so I go by the waterings and all dark reticulated pistols.

Cant wait for you to do a smoke report.

I think she's looking really good. My preference would be to wait just a few days more, but I think you prefer a bit of energy to the high?

I do prefer an energetic high but do indicas actually provide that? I tried my Runtz Punch (indica-dominant) oil last night and although I knew I was high, I didn't feel much of anything and it supposedly has 29% THC.

I didn't feel much of anything and it supposedly has 29% THC
Maybe not feeling much of anything was the benefit, depending on how you meant it! :Rasta:

I do prefer an energetic high but do indicas actually provide that? I tried my Runtz Punch (indica-dominant) oil last night and although I knew I was high, I didn't feel much of anything and it supposedly has 29% THC.
I think it depends on the strain and how you react to it. Like how I get paranoia and a rush of energy (in a bad way) from Cold Creek Kush.
Lots of people get couchlock from Blueberry but I never have, while Ghost Train Haze makes me sleepy, even though it's classed as sativa dominant.

Hmm. I don't know what would be going on there. How are the terpenes on that one?

I think it depends on the strain and how you react to it. Like how I get paranoia and a rush of energy (in a bad way) from Cold Creek Kush.
Lots of people get couchlock from Blueberry but I never have, while Ghost Train Haze makes me sleepy, even though it's classed as sativa dominant.

Hmm. I don't know what would be going on there. How are the terpenes on that one?
I find all cannabis increases my heart rate lately with zero calming effects at all , a joint also messes me up way more then rosin or oil or hash for that matter , where as with my friends it's the complete opposite. But my tolerance is very low for that I really don't smoke that often mayber once every 2 weeks , I'm curious if the terpenes play a role in how one feels ?

Northern Soul - Day 36F:

Northern Soul - Day 44F:

Northern Soul - Day 54F:

Northern Soul - Day 58F:

Beautiful! Getting there HashGirl!

I couldn't find terpene info on the Runtz Punch but these are the dominant terpenes for the strains in its genetics, i.e. Zkittlez x Gelato x Fruit Punch:
  • Caryophyllene
  • Linalool
  • Limonene
  • Humulene
  • Myrcene
  • Pinene
Traditionally, Caryophyllene is the terpene most of the strains I like have in significant quantities. My other favourite terpenes are Humulene, Myrcene, Pinene, Ocimene and Terpinolene.
I find all cannabis increases my heart rate lately with zero calming effects at all , a joint also messes me up way more then rosin or oil or hash for that matter , where as with my friends it's the complete opposite. But my tolerance is very low for that I really don't smoke that often mayber once every 2 weeks , I'm curious if the terpenes play a role in how one feels ?

There are terpenes that can improve focus and concentration. The ones I know are pinene, limonene and caryophyllene. These are the strains that I have found to be high in each specified terpene. The letter in brackets constitutes whether the strain is Sativa-dominant, Indica-Dominant or a Hybrid, in this case meaning balanced.

Strains Reported to Have Significant Quantities of Caryophyllene:
  • AK-47 (S)
  • Black Domina (I)
  • Blueberry (I)
  • Bubba Kush (I)
  • Candyland (S)
  • CBD Critical Cure (I)
  • Chemdawg (H)
  • Dark Devil (S)
  • Girl Scout Cookies (H)
  • Golden Goat (S)
  • Gorilla Glue #4 (H)
  • Hash Plant (I)
  • Jack Herer (S)
  • Northern Lights (I)
  • OG Kush (H)
  • Original Glue (aka Gorilla Glue or GG4) (I)
  • Pineapple Express (H)
  • Rock Star (S)
  • Skywalker (S)
  • Super Silver Haze (S)
  • White Widow (H)
Strains Reported to Have Significant Quantities of Limonene:
  • Durban Poison (S)
  • Girl Scout Cookies (H)
  • Jack Herer (S)
  • Kaboom (S)
  • OG Kush (I)
  • Sour Diesel (S)
  • Super Lemon Haze (S)
  • Trainwreck (S)
Strains Reported to Have Significant Quantities of Pinene:
  • Blue Dream (S)
  • Blueberry Haze (H)
  • CBD Critical Cure (I)
  • Dutch Treat (S)
  • Golden Goat (S)
  • Jack Herer (S)
  • OG Kush (I)
  • Romulan (I)

I couldn't find terpene info on the Runtz Punch but these are the dominant terpenes for the strains in its genetics, i.e. Zkittlez x Gelato x Fruit Punch:
  • Caryophyllene
  • Linalool
  • Limonene
  • Humulene
  • Myrcene
  • Pinene
Traditionally, Caryophyllene is the terpene most of the strains I like have in significant quantities. My other favourite terpenes are Humulene, Myrcene, Pinene, Ocimene and Terpinolene.

There are terpenes that can improve focus and concentration. The ones I know are pinene, limonene and caryophyllene. These are the strains that I have found to be high in each specified terpene. The letter in brackets constitutes whether the strain is Sativa-dominant, Indica-Dominant or a Hybrid, in this case meaning balanced.

• AK-47 (S)
  • Black Domina (I)
  • Blueberry (I)
  • Bubba Kush (I)
  • Candyland (S)
  • CBD Critical Cure (I)
  • Chemdawg (H)
  • Dark Devil (S)
  • Girl Scout Cookies (H)
  • Golden Goat (S)
  • Gorilla Glue #4 (H)
  • Hash Plant (I)
  • Jack Herer (S)
  • Northern Lights (I)
  • OG Kush (H)
  • Pineapple Express (H)
  • Rock Star (S)
  • Skywalker (S)
  • Super Silver Haze (S)
  • White Widow (H)
  • Durban Poison (S)
  • Girl Scout Cookies (H)
  • Jack Herer (S)
  • Kaboom (S)
  • OG Kush (I)
  • Sour Diesel (S)
  • Super Lemon Haze (S)
  • Trainwreck (S)
  • Blue Dream (S)
  • Blueberry Haze (H)
  • CBD Critical Cure (I)
  • Dutch Treat (S)
  • Golden Goat (S)
  • Jack Herer (S)
  • OG Kush (I)
  • Romulan (I)
After you listed all the strains I truly feel like the terpenes might not play a role with the increased heart rate and anxiety cannabis causes me , I love cannabis and as many of you know I love growing it and believe it helps many people Wich is great but sometimes I truly believe it's not for me , I've been having lots of fun with THCV soms landrace sativa's carry this trait if you know you know

• Caryophyllene
  • Linalool
  • Limonene
  • Humulene
  • Myrcene
  • Pinene

• AK-47 (S)
  • Black Domina (I)
  • Blueberry (I)
  • Bubba Kush (I)
  • Candyland (S)
  • CBD Critical Cure (I)
  • Chemdawg (H)
  • Dark Devil (S)
  • Girl Scout Cookies (H)
  • Golden Goat (S)
  • Gorilla Glue #4 (H)
  • Hash Plant (I)
  • Jack Herer (S)
  • Northern Lights (I)
  • OG Kush (H)
  • Pineapple Express (H)
  • Rock Star (S)
  • Skywalker (S)
  • Super Silver Haze (S)
  • White Widow (H)
  • Durban Poison (S)
  • Girl Scout Cookies (H)
  • Jack Herer (S)
  • Kaboom (S)
  • OG Kush (I)
  • Sour Diesel (S)
  • Super Lemon Haze (S)
  • Trainwreck (S)
  • Blue Dream (S)
  • Blueberry Haze (H)
  • CBD Critical Cure (I)
  • Dutch Treat (S)
  • Golden Goat (S)
  • Jack Herer (S)
  • OG Kush (I)
  • Romulan (I)
I did a little reading and they say that caryophyllene is one of the rare terpenes that directly interact with CB2 receptors. Could that be something to look into?

Today with all the new strains out and all the cross breeding sometimes I would just like to go back in time and smoke that very first 4finger bag of stems, seeds and leaf of that good old Mexican land race dirt weed I bought for $10. at the local corner on Commerce ave. and Maple st. 1969.

Back
Top Bottom