HashGirl's 2021/2022 Grow: Blue Dream, Clementine, Gelato & Pineapple Express In ProMix

*** Weekly Update cont'd...***

PE1 - Day 102 (+30):

PE1-1 - IMG_7687.jpeg

PE1-2 - IMG_7689.jpeg

PE1-3 - IMG_7690.jpeg

PE1-4 - IMG_7692.jpeg

PE2 - Day 102 (+30):

PE2-1 - IMG_7682.jpeg

PE2-2 - IMG_7685.jpeg

PE2-3 - IMG_7686.jpeg

PE3 - Day 102 (+30):

PE3-1 - IMG_7660.jpeg

The flowers on PE3 are all coming in with lots of orange pistils:

PE3-2 - IMG_7661.jpeg

PE3-3 - IMG_7664.jpeg

And, that's everything. Thanks for following along. Comments and questions are always welcome.
When I grew the Pineapple Express it had a lot of side branching that happened naturally. Much more so than all the other plants (3 other strains) they grew with. Also stretched a ton. It appears yours had their fair share of side branching as well, yes? Or did you create all that branching? And how much has she stretched? (hard to tell)

When I grew the Pineapple Express it had a lot of side branching that happened naturally. Much more so than all the other plants (3 other strains) they grew with. Also stretched a ton. It appears yours had their fair share of side branching as well, yes? Or did you create all that branching?

I measured PE1 and BD a few weeks ago and they were both around 25" wide. My narrower plants are about 20" wide.

And, yes, I do think my LSTing and topping created some of this side branching.
And how much has she stretched? (hard to tell)

The height differences were posted in my first post. It will tell you how much they've stretched upwards.

I think BBa2 is done as I think the thrips have sucked out all the living parts of the plant and she now smells like hay so I think I'm going to chop and chuck.
I'm sorry about your Blueberry Auto Hashgirl. Maybe she smells like hay because she's drying on the vine? I wouldn't chuck if it were me, the smell might come back after a proper dry/cure. I've had a few plants I thought were ruined that ended up smoking just fine. One smelled like potatoes while it was chopped and drying. It's been curing since November and now it smells like actual weed. It's still nothing special:rolleyes: but it's not potatoes anymore either.

:welcome: to my journal, Adora. It's too late for BBa2. I threw her pot outside this morning so that any bugs still left on her hopefully freeze to death.

I also have some trichome pics of the other Blueberry auto and the Clementines. I think they all look pretty close. What do you think?

Blueberry:

BBa1-1 - IMG_7698.jpeg

BBa1-2 - IMG_7699.jpeg

BBa1-4 - IMG_7701.jpeg

Clem1:

Clem1-2 - IMG_7710.jpeg

Clem1-1 - IMG_7707.jpeg

Clem1-2 - IMG_7710.jpeg

Clem2:

Clem2-1 - IMG_7702.jpeg

Clem2-2 - IMG_7703.jpeg

Clem2-3 - IMG_7704.jpeg

I fed them all yesterday and am planning on putting them into dark just before I harvest them when their pots have dried out.

If anyone disagrees with my trichome assessment, please speak up.

:welcome: to my journal, Adora. It's too late for BBa2. I threw her pot outside this morning so that any bugs still left on her hopefully freeze to death.

I also have some trichome pics of the other Blueberry auto and the Clementines. I think they all look pretty close. What do you think?

Blueberry:

BBa1-1 - IMG_7698.jpeg

BBa1-2 - IMG_7699.jpeg

BBa1-4 - IMG_7701.jpeg

Clem1:

Clem1-2 - IMG_7710.jpeg

Clem1-1 - IMG_7707.jpeg

Clem1-2 - IMG_7710.jpeg

Clem2:

Clem2-1 - IMG_7702.jpeg

Clem2-2 - IMG_7703.jpeg

Clem2-3 - IMG_7704.jpeg

I fed them all yesterday and am planning on putting them into dark just before I harvest them when their pots have dried out.

Good afternoon @HashGirl congrats on your upcoming harvest.
If all the white pistols have crinkled in and turned red then the trics look ready.
You have a nice mix of clear to amber. :thumb:
I had to put on my sunglasses they look so shiny. :welldone:

Stay safe
Bill

Blueberry:

BBa1-1 - IMG_7698.jpeg

BBa1-2 - IMG_7699.jpeg

BBa1-4 - IMG_7701.jpeg

Clem1:

Clem1-2 - IMG_7710.jpeg

Clem1-1 - IMG_7707.jpeg

Clem1-2 - IMG_7710.jpeg

Clem2:

Clem2-1 - IMG_7702.jpeg

Clem2-2 - IMG_7703.jpeg

Clem2-3 - IMG_7704.jpeg

Don't know if I'd say I "disagree," but here's what I see.

The Blueberry is the closest. Based on the picture with all the ambers she's ready. But the other pictures show a significant amount of clear trichomes. Might this be a case of a perfect storm for a partial harvest? Don't know which trich shot is from where on the plant, but you may want to check with an eye to top trichs vs. bottom trichs. Often times the top branches will finish first, a la the picture with all the ambers. If the other pics are from lower and the amber shot is from higher up, a partial harvest I have found can really help your yield. You take what's done and let the rest go a bit longer til the trichs are all like what you took. Something to consider.

The Clementines, in my opinion, are not ready. Not enough amber even if you don't want a lot. Almost all clear or cloudy. Imho, you have 5 days or so on the Clems.

Hey, you asked for feedback.

Lmao!

:rofl:

Don't know if I'd say I "disagree," but here's what I see.

The Blueberry is the closest. Based on the picture with all the ambers she's ready. But the other pictures show a significant amount of clear trichomes. Might this be a case of a perfect storm for a partial harvest? Don't know which trich shot is from where on the plant, but you may want to check with an eye to top trichs vs. bottom trichs. Often times the top branches will finish first, a la the picture with all the ambers. If the other pics are from lower and the amber shot is from higher up, a partial harvest I have found can really help your yield. You take what's done and let the rest go a bit longer til the trichs are all like what you took. Something to consider.

The Clementines, in my opinion, are not ready. Not enough amber even if you don't want a lot. Almost all clear or cloudy. Imho, you have 5 days or so on the Clems.

Hey, you asked for feedback.

Lmao!

:rofl:

Thank you, Jon. I will put the Blueberry into dark and re-take trichome pics of the Clems in about a week. Okay?

Thank you, Jon. I will put the Blueberry into dark and re-take trichome pics of the Clems in about a week. Okay?
You gotta go with whatever you think will work best for you HG, I'm deign to recommend harvest times to people. Just sharing what my eyes see. But I will say that Blueberry you probably can't go wrong with at this point. If you let her go longer you might get a bit more into the couchlock buzz than you want, I don't know. As far as the Clems, I'd just check the trichs every day and take her or darken her when they say "Hash Girl Time."

Trichome Pics:

CLEM1 - Day 85 (+71):

IMG_7718.jpeg

IMG_7719.jpeg

IMG_7720.jpeg

CLEM2 - Day 83 (+71):

IMG_7721.jpeg

IMG_7722.jpeg

IMG_7723.jpeg

All of the pics were taken from buds on the top of each plant.

I'm anxious to harvest them as the plants I currently have in the veg tent are already too big, in my opinion.

IMG_7726.jpg

The one tent in veg is currently home to 2 Runtz Punch, 2 Sugar Black Rose and 2 Dark Devil autos, all in 5-gallon pots and it's very crowded in there.

Trichome Pics:

CLEM1 - Day 85 (+71):

IMG_7718.jpeg

IMG_7719.jpeg

IMG_7720.jpeg

CLEM2 - Day 83 (+71):

IMG_7721.jpeg

IMG_7722.jpeg

IMG_7723.jpeg

All of the pics were taken from buds on the top of each plant.

I'm anxious to harvest them as the plants I currently have in the veg tent are already too big, in my opinion.

IMG_7726.jpg

The one tent in veg is currently home to 2 Runtz Punch, 2 Sugar Black Rose and 2 Dark Devil autos, all in 5-gallon pots and it's very crowded in there.
See why I suggested checking the trichs on the Clem every day instead of waiting a whole week? They turn quicker sometimes than others. Yours won't make it six more days I bet. Maybe five or four to my eye (and unsolicited opinion, lol, :green_heart:).

Given the amount of amber on those top buds I think you're in in your preferred non-couchlock window for harvest. Still some clear in there but the ambers are coming in for sure. Have you scoped the lowers to see if they're the same? I know you want to move some veggers in there but Jon's suggestion of a partial harvest might be a good one.
I threw her pot outside this morning so that any bugs still left on her hopefully freeze to death.
So you're going with a low and slow dry? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Given the amount of amber on those top buds I think you're in in your preferred non-couchlock window for harvest. Still some clear in there but the ambers are coming in for sure. Have you scoped the lowers to see if they're the same? I know you want to move some veggers in there but Jon's suggestion of a partial harvest might be a good one.

So you're going with a low and slow dry? :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have never scoped the lower buds. I didn't know you were supposed to.

*** Weekly Update ***

Good afternoon.

This week's highlights include:

• Everything was Safered twice.
  • Blueberry Auto 1 and the Clementines are in dark for 48 hours.
  • The Dark Devils are both flowering and both shot up a lot height-wise this week.
  • The Dark Devils got their first 1/3 cup of GeoFlora Veg as per @Nev 's advice.
  • The next feeding for the DDs is 1/3 cup of GeoFlora Bloom, also as per Nev's advice.
  • The Pineapple Expresses aren't looking great. I bumped up their food to 5.5g MC/gal in hopes that will help.
Here are this week's pics:

420 Update - 17-Apr-22.jpg

BD - Day 134 (+38):

BD-a.jpeg

BD-b.jpeg

DDa1 - Day 30 (+7):

DD1-a.jpeg

DD1-b.jpeg

DDa2 - Day 25 (+12):

DD2-a.jpeg

DD2-b.jpeg

To be continued...

*** Weekly Update cont'd...***

PE1 - Day 96 (+38):

PE1-a.jpeg

PE1-b.jpeg

PE1-c.jpeg

PE2 - Day 96 (+38):

PE2-a.jpeg

PE2-b.jpeg

PE3 - Day 96 (+38):

PE3-a.jpeg

PE3-b.jpeg

PE3-c.jpeg

And, that's everything. Thanks for following along. Comments, suggestions and questions are always welcome.

Hey HG. Soooo far behind. Sorry Amiga. Caught up though! Those damn thrips did you in good. They almost got me too.
Trust me...they are still there!

I asked Felonious if I could just spray Bug spray in the tent and close the door until everything is dead? And, then clean. But he crushed that idea. :laughtwo:
Actually...I was going to suggest a strong spray for all the plants and every tent. A bug bomb is a good tactic to utilize IMO. Something different than you have been doing to inhibit the possibility of those difficult boogers from getting a resistance to your current solution.

I would recommend taking them out, one by one and spraying them down (bathtub or outside) and from underneath. Place them somewhere to drip dry. Then spray with your choice of pesticide. While they are drying, you address the inside of the tent with a potent killer bomb (pyrethrin is excellent). Spray the inside and outside edges, zippers, windows, etc. Needs to be properly ventilated and protect yourself and animals from inhalation while it dries. It will kill everything in the vicinity within a short amount of time. It also has good lingering effectiveness. Acts as a barrier. How long it lasts is still something I'm trying to figure out.

You have an infestation. Plain and simple. They will focus on one plant (Bba2 in your case) but enough of a population are there on each plant to get worse quickly. I battled thrips for what seemed like months with my current grow. Finally got rid of them but I'm constantly scouring the plants for signs of thrips.
I actually do surface spray mine. The flap on my veg tent stays open. I spray it then leave the tent open for the day. I also clean my tent weekly, when I say clean I just mean dust pan the bottom, and change the water on my moats. I have my drip trays placed in a larger drip tray with water which creates a moat. My nursery dude told me spider mites often ride in on the back of ants. This stops ants entering.

Starting again with seeds has been a game changer for me. In hindsight all of my clones had mites, which made the struggle ongoing.

I also used different sprays too. These are my mixes, in case it helps.

6A3FE6F0-985F-4FB0-9FB7-CCA4F476BEB0.jpeg

Good news, since introducing a new seed breed, zero spider mites *touching wood*
Is that an ode to Rea?! Awww @Trala ...you do like me!

Just remember to rinse off any soap sprays. Also, I use Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap to spray the containers, soil, and tent bottom and corners to act as a barrier too. No need to rinse. Essential oil sprays are amazing. They really don't like them but they are short lived and require applications more often is what I have found. Pyrethrin or lice sprays work faster and last longer has been my observation.

Pyrethrin bomb
spray/soak a wash towel with pyrethrin spray or solution and place inside a small resealable container. Think multi-use. Place inside the tent or near vicinity of where you want to kill pests. Leave it for an hour or more and keep any pets or humans away with plenty of ventilation. Nuked!

Very similar to a no-pest strip but a DIY version with a natural pesticide instead. Albeit, does not have the lingering effect/longevity of a no-pest strip but also not as dangerous as a strip in an enclosed environment. Those strips can get potent in a tent and if you're in and out working in it all the time, that's a no-bueno scenario in my book.

Hey HG. Soooo far behind. Sorry Amiga. Caught up though!

No worries. I'm happy you're here now.

Those damn thrips did you in good. They almost got me too.
Trust me...they are still there!

I know they're still there. That's why I've been spraying them so often.
Actually...I was going to suggest a strong spray for all the plants and every tent. A bug bomb is a good tactic to utilize IMO. Something different than you have been doing to inhibit the possibility of those difficult boogers from getting a resistance to your current solution.

So, that's 2 votes to actually spray the tents with bug spray.

I would recommend taking them out, one by one and spraying them down (bathtub or outside) and from underneath. Place them somewhere to drip dry. Then spray with your choice of pesticide. While they are drying, you address the inside of the tent with a potent killer bomb (pyrethrin is excellent). Spray the inside and outside edges, zippers, windows, etc. Needs to be properly ventilated and protect yourself and animals from inhalation while it dries. It will kill everything in the vicinity within a short amount of time. It also has good lingering effectiveness. Acts as a barrier. How long it lasts is still something I'm trying to figure out.

Thank you for your suggestion. While this is probably what I should do, I'm not going to take the tents down and then outside to treat and clean. It's just too much work. No, I'm going to empty them and clean them once all the tent plants are finished as Shed suggested.

Pyrethrin bomb
spray/soak a wash towel with pyrethrin spray or solution and place inside a small resealable container. Think multi-use. Place inside the tent or near vicinity of where you want to kill pests. Leave it for an hour or more and keep any pets or humans away with plenty of ventilation. Nuked!

Very similar to a no-pest strip but a DIY version with a natural pesticide instead. Albeit, does not have the lingering effect/longevity of a no-pest strip but also not as dangerous as a strip in an enclosed environment. Those strips can get potent in a tent and if you're in and out working in it all the time, that's a no-bueno scenario in my book.

Thank you for this. I've bookmarked it. Should the resealable container be sealed or open?

Should the resealable container be sealed or open?
If you go that route, you leave the container or bag open inside the tent while the tent is sealed up. Exhaust turned off and fans turned on. After you're done with the bomb, seal it up and save it for next time. That's just in case not all of it has dissipated and you can reuse it. I sprayed mine enough to be damp. Handled with gloves and mask. I can typically reuse mine for at least 2 applications. I still spray some fresh pyrethrin though every time.

If you treat the inside of the tent (edges, corners, floors, walls, and ceilings), then you don't really need to do this step. That's only if you choose to not go through the hassle of using too much death fluid. Instead, after you've done your wipe down with cleaner of choice, pyrethrin bomb as the last step and done. Then just spray the bottom edges.

FYI, I recently pulled all my plants outside. Gave them all a hosing. Then sprayed top and bottom with SNS217. While they were outside, I did the tent with pyrethrin. After I had plenty of contact time, the plants went back in. I haven't seen a thrip since. Doesn't mean they aren't there is what I keep telling myself. So I'm likely to stick to my SNS209 routine for the next weeks again as a preventative.

I have not tested it with the plants inside, veg or bloom. Technically, they should be fine and everything on them would die with a pyrethrin bomb. It's a worthwhile experiment though. I just flipped to flower and would love to have another treatment in there for the sake of mental health.

Back
Top Bottom