WreckLoose Outdoor Soil Auto: GSC, Gelato, Blue Dream Matic, Californian Snow, Grow Journal 2020

I thought this article was pretty interesting.
Yes, I read that one and maybe 5 or 6 others like it. I'm not too worried, but I try to learn as much as I can about the whole process from seed to smoke. I share the sentiment of BigD13 and yourself: if it's smooth enough and does the job (and it does!), I'm happy - but there's always a little extra satisfaction in hitting the sweet spots throughout the process :)

I definitely give a lot of credit to the Mediterranean climate too though.
That makes sense, same as mumps' grow, he's also getting fabulous autos.

Day 98: Week 14

I forgot to give an update on the GSC harvest. :hmmmm: She got the chop on Sunday and has been drying in the fridge ever since. She smells incredible and her nugs feel very dense. Here's some pics of her on the big day. (Wish I could upload videos, the plants always look so much better.)

GSC

IMG_20200716_194849.jpg
IMG-20200712-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20200712-WA0004.jpg

As for the BDM, she's still going strong and has really fattened up over the past week. She's had a very weak smell from the beginning and throughout but this week she seems to have developed a beautiful berry/citrus smell in no time. Judging by the trichomes, I think I'll let her go until Sunday.

Blue Dream Matic

IMG_20200716_195009.jpg
IMG_20200716_131023_BURST13.jpg
IMG_20200716_130514_BURST7.jpg

You’ll have full jars for awhile now.

Haha, that's for sure! :yahoo:

Probably won't stop me from starting my second auto run next month though. :rofl:

Keep moving forward, I had a stash of around 2 pounds at one point. All mine! Lol

Wow! Surely that was enough to tide you over for a little break? :laughtwo:

I haven't been on here for a couple of weeks because my beloved dog of eight years suddenly passed away without warning and I've been too heartbroken to keep up with almost anything.

I wasn't aware of how much I'd fallen behind with updates so I'll get to it.

I harvested the BDM almost 3 weeks ago now.

IMG_20200721_204342.jpg

IMG_20200721_152747_BURST13.jpg

So now that everything is dry and well into the cure I'll move onto the weight.

Gelato = 42g

IMG_20200718_185509.jpg

Californian Snow = 44g

IMG_20200718_185609.jpg

GSC = 46g

IMG_20200727_173204.jpg

Blue Dream Matic = 91g

IMG_20200727_174740.jpg

I'm really pleased with how my first grow went and happy I managed to surpass my goal of 200g. It's definitely the first of many to come. :Namaste:

Thanks for the kind words guys, I really appreciate it. :Namaste:

Also a big thanks to @InTheShed @Pennywise @FelipeBlu. I know I wouldn't have had such a successful first grow without all of your help. :thanks:

As for the next grow, it's already been a disaster sadly. I germinated 4 auto seeds, Gorilla Glue, Cheese, Critical and Insomnia. The Insomnia is the only one that looks healthy. The GG and Critical never sprouted and the Cheese looks to be in really bad shape. Really not sure where I went wrong, the only thing I can think of is the temps being too high (32°C). I've got two Californian Snow seeds left but I might wait a few weeks for temps to drop a little before planting.

I just ordered some more auto seeds (Cheese, ATF, Northern Lights), so should hopefully be planting by the weekend now that temps have started to drop. I'll start a new journal once they're planted and complete this one after a little smoke report of the last harvest. :hippy:

Finally time for a smoke report. :lot-o-toke:

Girl Scout Cookies: This has to be my favourite of the four. It has such an interesting flavour like nothing I've had before. It definitely lives up to the name with a strong cookie/cake batter flavour that's sweet with hints of chocolate. The high is well balanced and quite mellow in comparison to some of the others.

IMG_20200729_003139_BURST1.jpg

Californian Snow: This girl really packs a punch in both flavour and potency. The flavour is definitely on the fruity side with hints of green apple. I expected it to be sweet but instead it has a creamy, sour tang that makes it very moreish. The high is pretty intense and leans towards the sativa side for sure. All round, it's top notch.

IMG_20200723_162801.jpg

Gelato: This one also delivers in terms of taste and strength. It has a beautiful minty flavour to it that is equal parts sweet and sour, 100% living up to the Thin Mints/Sherbet lineage. The high is similar to the CS in terms of intensity but leads to more of a sleepy feeling which makes for a nice balance.

IMG_20200818_202331.jpg

Blue Dream Matic: As you can maybe tell from the photo, she didn't turn out quite as nice as the others (a little on the leafy side). That being said, it's still a really enjoyable smoke, especially for daytime use with it being a nice head high that's not too overpowering. It has an intense berry scent to it that when smoked can taste like a wild berry jam (jelly for my American amigos) on toast.

IMG_20200818_202236.jpg

Back
Top Bottom