MaxYield's Second Soil Journal - Strawberry Diesel - CFL Veg & LED Flower

That's so pretty, I may pop a frijole of her.
Great job again Max.

Thanks my friend :cheesygrinsmiley:

I think I have decided to get a P300 to hang next to my current light, everyone seems to agree that they give results... I hope everyone is right! Means waiting a little longer but it will be nice to finally have! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks my friend :cheesygrinsmiley:

I think I have decided to get a P300 to hang next to my current light, everyone seems to agree that they give results... I hope everyone is right! Means waiting a little longer but it will be nice to finally have! :cheesygrinsmiley:

If you can find my last grow thread (I sincerely don't know where the old ones go. I've never looked), I tested the P450. Platinums are awesome lights.
I contacted our friend, no reply yet. Might be a sign to get the P300 Lol.

Looking awesome Max! I agree with cajun why would you let her dry out? I would water until harvest day... Letting her dry out only hurts and possibly lose her terps.

I had seen around here (at least I thought) that letting a plant that is close to harvest dry out increases its resin production as a defense mechanism. I hadn't even thought about its terpene profile, so tomorrow I will give her a drink and keep her moist until I cut her down :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for stopping by Hunter!

If you can find my last grow thread (I sincerely don't know where the old ones go. I've never looked), I tested the P450. Platinums are awesome lights.
I contacted our friend, no reply yet. Might be a sign to get the P300 Lol.

What was the name of it? I did some looking and could only find your HID and Spider COB journals.

And for sure, I will have to wait another two weeks now so we still have a few days, but come next payday that Platinum will be inbound regardless.

- PURPLE ELEPHANT HARVEST -

Hey 420magazine!!

So I should of heeded all of your warnings and kept her watered, I got to the grow tent yesterday and she was very limp and thirsty. Decided to chop instead of rehabilitate her. One I ripped al of those limp yellow fan leaves off of her she look alright though :cheesygrinsmiley: She was cut at day 69 of Bloom.

IMG_4021_2.jpg

Some close ups of her cola's, I think she frosted up very nicely :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_4023_2.jpg
IMG_40245.jpg
IMG_4025_2.jpg

Then I chopped her down and gave her a very loose trim, everything with Trichomes on it stayed. Threw out all of the unfrosted greenery and readied my buckets for Bud Washing :cheesygrinsmiley: I was doing this all by myself and wasn't in that great of a mood so I ended up not documenting his part as it would have been too big of a hassle. I will lay out my method however, it is Curso's spin on the Bud Washing technique. Shout out to DocBud for inventing this technique, I definitely noticed the difference.

BUCKET #1:

-5 gallons of luke warm tap water (~76*) with 3 tbsp Real Lemon Juice & 3 tbsp Baking Soda mixed in.
--Dipped buds repeatedly, fast enough to get the water rushing up through the leaves and buds. Repeated 7 to 10 times for each branch.

BUCKET #2:

-5 gallons of the hottest water I can get out of the faucet.
--Used the same dipping technique but only dunked about 4-6 times in this bucket.

BUCKET #3:

-5 gallons of the coldest water I can get out of the faucet.
--Same technique but dunked the branches in this bucket about 15 times. Got the leaves really nice and crisp...

After the washed buds dried in my home made dry box, see below pictures:

IMG_40335.jpg
IMG_40343.jpg
IMG_40355.jpg

I gave them a secondary trim, one by one exactly how I wanted them to look. I kept all of the trimmings in a metal bucket, and oh my goodness, the trim is just as pretty as the nugs using this trimming and washing technique. I absolutely love it, a bowl of beautiful small green glistening cuttings. I forgot to get pictures of it, but I bagged it up and put it in the freezer immediately after I was done. I am going to take it over to Subnoise's house and we are gonna run it through his Ice Washer and Bubble Bags :cheesygrinsmiley:

I will document that experience.

The trimmed nugs got hung back up in the dry box to dry for the next 3-5 days. Here is the final product. I didn't bother taking a wet weight, that is work I don't wanna do that doesn't mean that much haha. I will get a dry weight once I take em out of the box and cut the nugs into mason jars.

IMG_40265.jpg
IMG_40285.jpg
IMG_40295.jpg
IMG_40306.jpg
IMG_40322.JPG

Fat Branches ::

IMG_40413.jpg
IMG_40362.jpg
IMG_40375.jpg
IMG_40383.jpg
IMG_40396.jpg
IMG_40409.JPG

It was a real hassle getting this cloth pot off of the root ball. The roots had grown in and through all over the bottom of the pot. The root system was extremely healthy, I was very pleased! :cheesygrinsmiley: Props to KCMP for growing this beautifully healthy root system before giving her to me!

IMG_40466.jpg
IMG_40449.jpg
IMG_40453.jpg

So that's that guys! The Purple Elephant has been harvested and there is finally some room in my Bloom Tent!! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: I am on the down side of this grow cycle, I a very happy to be winding down, once the Carls Jr. and Sour Monster come down I will move the Strawberry Diesel in there to Bloom (almost) solo :cheesygrinsmiley:

Here is the current state of the Bloom Tent:

IMG_40477.jpg
IMG_40485.jpg
IMG_40495.JPG
IMG_40502.JPG

Thanks a lot everyone for following along! Can't wait to see how these beautiful buds dry up, they are still SO stinky inside the dry box which is a good sign :cheesygrinsmiley: I will update again in a few days when they are dry!

- SUPER CLONING SESSION -

Alright guys, while I am on this update spree, I will be showing you all how I take clones. I think I have my method pretty well down pat, we will see within the next few days I guess!!

So the Strawberry Diesel is getting exceptionally huge, I decided to take some clones off the tops around the outer edges of this bushy lady. I took 10, 5 in Coco and 5 in RockWool. I also took a clone of a side project plant, LA Kush. So I have 11 clones under my dome currently.

So first I take some appropriately sized cuttings from the tops of some thick branches, cut of the lower growth and set them in a shot glass of Distilled Water for about 5 minutes.

IMG_40524.jpg
IMG_40536.jpg

Once I get a few in there and they have soaked a little while, I prep them for the cloning medium. Firstly I take one of the cuttings out of the shot glass.

IMG_40543.jpg

Then I cut off the lower growth so there are about 3 larger fan leaves up top, then I cut the blades of each of the 3 large fan leaves off about half way down.

IMG_40558.jpg

I dipped 3 of the 5 clones (of each medium) in rooting gel and left the other 2 alone. I marked them so I can see which is more effective. I scrape all of my clones just a little bit at the bottom. Here is one I dipped in my Rootech.

IMG_40595.jpg

Then I place it in the cloning medium! Both the Coco an the RockWool Cubes were soaked in Denver Tap Water with Rhizotonic, Super-Thrive and FoxFarm Big Bloom.

IMG_40566.jpg

IMG_40514.jpg

And one more time for good luck! Grab my cutting out of the shot glass.

IMG_40575.jpg

Cut off the lower growth and top halves of the larger leaves.

IMG_40584.jpg

And put it with the others! Tah-dah! They are all sitting underneath two 36 watt 6500k CFL's on a 18/6 light schedule.

IMG_40605.jpg
IMG_40618.jpg

All the reps I have to offer for the first person to tell me which cutting is the LA Kush! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hope you're all having an awesome week my friends!

Looks awesome max!! WOW SO FROSTY! Man, Great job. The only thing I wouldnt recommend is the fan in your dry box. I believe that will dry your buds out way to fast. I use no fan or air circulation in my 4x3 room and it stays a perfect 62% while closed. It does circulate fresh air in through to another room in one corner but nothing even close to my buds drying. I got a much smoother smoke and a better dry doing it this way. First time i dried with air circulation the buds were harsher =/. I would just put some holes in it and I use a wireless humidity and temp gauge. Good luck!
:yummy:

You and Subnoise rock

Thanks man, we definitely try! :cheesygrinsmiley: Subnoise is the man, he has more than helped me get out of my growing training wheels so I can move on to greater things with you titans! :cheesygrinsmiley:

It's the one right there, the green one.

I'd go with the left ones coin toss right?

Haha, I guess technically you guys are both correct :rofl:

Congrats on the harvest bro. Lets wash some trim :thumb:

I believe the LA Kush is the middle top one in the aerial photo. Slightly lighter colored leaves and more aggressive vein structure.

Thank you very much Sub, wouldn't have been able to do it without your help! That's for sure.

And you are correct! Reps for you my friend :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looks awesome max!! WOW SO FROSTY! Man, Great job. The only thing I wouldnt recommend is the fan in your dry box. I believe that will dry your buds out way to fast. I use no fan or air circulation in my 4x3 room and it stays a perfect 62% while closed. It does circulate fresh air in through to another room in one corner but nothing even close to my buds drying. I got a much smoother smoke and a better dry doing it this way. First time i dried with air circulation the buds were harsher =/. I would just put some holes in it and I use a wireless humidity and temp gauge. Good luck!

Thank you Hunter!!!! :thanks:

Hmmmm, well they were feeling great today, I will check them out tomorrow, I will turn the fan off for the last day or two so they don't dry out too much. I want to keep them soft and kushy and dense :cheesygrinsmiley:

Awesome, just awesome.
You might have a NotM there.

Beautiful my friend. You're going to be a heavyweight around here very quickly.

Congrats on listening to Curso & Doc.

Ohhhhh well since I have the pictures I might have to make an entry :cheesygrinsmiley: Why not! Thank you very much for your compliments, means a lot coming from you Cajun.

I certainly am trying my hardest to be the best grower I can be, I have learned so much already and I know I will learn so much more during my next couple grows. Soon I will have all of my techniques mastered :cheesygrinsmiley:

And thanks, the Bud Washing definitely made everything look much prettier. I can only imagine the effects it will have on the way the dried buds smoke and look :cheesygrinsmiley:

Just wanted to give some more info.

The fan is 85 CFM. I drilled about 20 holes on the side opposite the fan and then covered it with a vent filter. When the lid is on I can barely feel the breeze coming off the fan when I hold my hand right up too it. It has a hard time drawing air all closed up, which is one of the reasons I'm not too worried.

When I pull the fan plug out it stops immediately haha.

Regardless I Will keep an eye on the nugs to make sure they don't dry to fast. The whole reason behind the Dry Box and the Bud Washing is to get the best dry and cure possible. I am looking for the tastiest and smoothest smoke possible :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yea i have that same RS fan hehe! Yea, personally i dont like ANY air movement on my colas... It took mine 6 days to dry last harvest. As long as the humidity doesnt go over around 62% I dont see how mold would grow since thats what I store mine at.. But maybe im wrong on that since there is a lot more moisture on the buds. I just know mine dried perfect with no air movement last harvest and will for sure be doing it the same way again. I love the bud washing and i believe thats why mine took the extra 6th day to dry as usually its 5 days without bud washing. Drying/Curing is always a touchy subject and I have changed something everytime so far lol. I need you to come help me trim some! Perfect trimming on those buds! Good job buddy!

Back
Top Bottom