MaxYield's Third Soil Journal - Four Autos From Seed - CFL Veg - LED Flower

Subbed. I did not see that you posted on my grow till today and I am very sorry about that but I will be watching your progress.

Hey there Chuck!! No worries my man, glad to have you along! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nice! Now to check out your strawberry diesel journal

Welcome aboard my friend, thanks for the support! I love having new friends join my Journals!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

The Strawberry Diesel is lookin' real good, that has been a really fun Journal... albeit slow! Things will get far more interesting within the next two weeks as the Flower Tent clears out! :cheesygrinsmiley:

- UPDATE : ABD DAY 23 / AP DAY 11 -

Hey 420magazine!!

So this Journal is rather overdue for am update... and I am here to make that update a reality! Things are moving along nicely... There are now 3 different plants in the mix for this Journal... Auto Blue Diesel (ABD) has been above ground for 23 days, Auto Purple (AP) has been above ground for 11 days, and the Auto Sour Diesel (ASD) was popped into a RockWool Cube to germinate yesterday... which was February 23, 2015... Update on her tomorrow.

The last seed will be planted sometime this week as I want all of these to be finished by the end of May as I will be shutting all my indoor grow rooms down to move completely outside. I wont be popping the Auto Biodiesel Mass anymore, as I am going to give it to my brother to grow in a different state. I will be replacing it with a free seed I got in my most recent seed order, Auto Ultraviolet!

So between the Paper Towel Method and the RockWool/Rhizotonic/SuperThrive method, I really prefer the speed of the latter. I will be germinating the last auto seed using the RockWool method... I will most likely be germinating all of my seeds that way from now on, the RockWool pulls the seed husk off so perfectly.

Without any further ado, lets start the updates! ::

GENERAL UPDATES ::

-AUTO BLUE DIESEL (ABD)
  • Planted in 2-liter soda bottle, with a soil mix consisting of: 35% FFHF / 35% FFOF / 30% Perlite. Ammended with 3/4tbsp Dolomite Lime.
  • Watered on day 22 with: 1gal Denver Tap Water / 5ml FF Big Bloom / 3ml FF Grow Big / 1drop Super-Thrive.
  • Moved to Flower Tent on day 17.

IMG_34476.JPG
IMG_34457.JPG
IMG_34486.JPG

-AUTO PURPLE (AP)
  • Once tap root was about an inch through the RockWool Cube I placed it in a Solo Cup with 100% Perlite.
  • Watering every other day with 10oz Denver Tap Water / 1.5ml Rhizotonic.
  • Will be transplanted into 3 Gallon 100% Perlite Hempy Bucket and moved into Flower Tent around day 20.

IMG_34428.JPG

-AUTO SOUR DIESEL (ASD)
  • Seed planted in RockWool Cube that was presoaked in 10oz Denver Tap Water / 1ml Rhiztonic / ½drop Super Thrive.
  • Keeping RockWool Cube wet. It is sitting under the Humidity Dome.
  • Will be transplanted into 100% Coco Coir when ready.

I'll go along for the ride! :volcano-smiley:

Welcome my friend! More than happy to have you along!

GENERAL UPDATES ::

The Auto Sour Diesel had grown it's tap root about a quarter of an inch out into the RockWool Cube by yesterday afternoon (this method germinates seeds very fast it seems) and I decided to remove it from the RockWool this time around. I broke the cube in half, and gently put the seed (taproot down obviously) about a quarter of an inch into a solo cup filled with 100% pre watered Coco Coir.

I also placed the Auto BioDiesel Mass in a pre soaked RockWool Cube to begin Germination yesterday afternoon. Will be putting her in a Coco/Perlite/FoxFarm soil mix.

I also am still waiting on my Auto Ultraviolet to arrive in the mail so I can pop her in with these ladies in this journal. The Auto Ultraviolet was one of two free seeds I got when I placed my last seed order. These are the other 5 seeds I got (all of them Photoperiod)

Blueberry (Fem)
Pure Kush (Fem)
Exodus Cheese (Fem)
Berry Bomb (Fem)
Crazy Miss Hyde (Free/Fem)

Very excited about every one of those strains. Some fun new genetics, and my friend Subnoise has a Regular White Voodoo on the way so we may be seeing some fun genetic crosses in the near future! I will of course keep you updated on those future projects.

Thanks everyone for following along! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Here is a picture of the Auto Blue Diesel in the Flower Tent... hangin' out under some giants! I will have a proper update within the next few days... By tomorrow the last seed (Auto BioDiesel Mass) will have popped out of its medium and will be off to the races! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_35709.JPG
IMG_35747.JPG

Oooh yeah! Stoked for this one!

Deezl!

Should be a fun little plant! I am a little worried she is stunted due to Ph problems... However my Ph Meter is supposed to be delivered tomorrow so once that arrives things should start going much more smoothly! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Gonna have a lot of different Diesels to sample at the end of this Journal! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Man I don't know about these pH meters for soil...I stick my probes down there and even if i just had runoff of 5.7, my meter says 7.0 every time. I gave up. Now I just pH my water, check my runoff, forget about it.

I'm sure there are some more spendy ones (mine was $30) that work well but I'm done with them.

Man I don't know about these pH meters for soil...I stick my probes down there and even if i just had runoff of 5.7, my meter says 7.0 every time. I gave up. Now I just pH my water, check my runoff, forget about it.

I'm sure there are some more spendy ones (mine was $30) that work well but I'm done with them.

I feel you on that... I got a Ph probe for my soil and HATE it... It reads 7.2 in everything you stick it in. Total bullshit and a piece of garbage, waste of $10... I just ordered one that was $30 on Amazon and it came with calibration fluid... Seemed like a good deal and a nice piece of equipment for the price so I went for it. Especially because I NEED it haha.

The Ph of my water straight from the faucet is 6.5... perfect for soil. But with all my nutes added it drops under 6, to around 5.7. Not cool. Need to Ph my water so that my plants can absorb all the nutes I am giving too them, I believe that because the Ph was so low it prevented the three ladies in my first journal from producing.

But we will see how this Ph pen works for me, almost bought the $60 from the Hydro store the other day but decided against it... If it comes to it I will though. Figure as long as I keep the Ph of what I'm putting in balanced, it should come out alright as well. :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

I gotta say sometime you gotta spend the money to get a good product
as they say you get what you pay for and when it comes to certain equipment it is true
for my meter I use bluelab another good product would be Hannah
I don't mess with the cheap stuff you don't know if your getting an accurate reading

I gotta say sometime you gotta spend the money to get a good product
as they say you get what you pay for and when it comes to certain equipment it is true
for my meter I use bluelab another good product would be Hannah
I don't mess with the cheap stuff you don't know if your getting an accurate reading

I must agree... Luckily Subnoise cam over and gave me a reading with his nice Ph meter so I have something to compare my new equipment too which is nice.

Hopefully it wasn't a waste of money... we will see! If it doesn't work Ill return it and drop the money on the nice one from the Hydro Store haha :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for stopping by Cronic, I appreciate the input :cheesygrinsmiley:

Def gonna be keeping check up on this one! Considering I have some of thee same nutes/soil your using along with autos ;)

:welcome: My friend!!!! More than happy to have you along :cheesygrinsmiley:

I will be posting a picture update soon. All four of them are finally popped, I'll make sure to provide good updates on the soil girl. Her mix is a little weird but it's the same base as what you're using so it should be pretty similar. Got the Sour Diesel in it, popped two days ago and is going steady... much better than the two soilless ones.

I'll be watching for them pics haha congrats on the new babies hope they do we'll for you. Ya just can't beat a good soil I tried coco on one of my last rounds it was alright but I never could get it dialed in just right now I'll stick to my dirt from now on

Re: MaxYield's Third Soil Journal - Three Autos From Seed - CFL Veg - LED Flower

:: UPDATE ::

Hey everyone!!

So here we are, all 4 seeds have been germinated, transplanted and are now currently growing!! I have run into a few issue thus far, the main one being the Dinafem Sour Diesel seed stretched itself to death... It was one of the oddest experiences ever, had it at the exact same distance from the light and conditions as all the other seeds however the stalk stretched about two 2 1/2 inches upwards and then fell over and broke in the dark cycle.

So we are now officially 3 Autos From Seed!! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

-GENERAL UPDATES ::
AUTO BLUE DIESEL ::
  • Being fed FoxFarm Flower Week 2 Nutrients at 75% strength.
  • Foliar Fed Snow Storm Ultra at 1.25ml / 1ltr Denver Tap.
  • Moved top to within 15 inches of LED.

ABD1.JPG
ABD2.JPG
ABD3.JPG

AUTO PURPLE ::
  • Growth slow first two weeks above ground.
  • Transplanted into 70% Coco / 30% Perlite in 1gal hempy.
  • Moved under LED. Being watered week FoxFarm Week 2 Veg Nutrients at 50% strength.

AP1.JPG
AP2.JPG

Biodiesel Mass ::
  • Seed tranplanted into Coco.
  • Popped 2 days later, one Cotyledon was very premature... That sides growth has been retarded thus far.
  • Being watered with FoxFarm Week 1 Nutrients at 50% strength.
  • Moved under LED.

BdM1.JPG
BdM2.JPG

Here's an update on the nutrients I'll be using.
NuteLines.JPG

Back
Top Bottom