MaxYield's Second Soil Journal - Strawberry Diesel - CFL Veg & LED Flower

Okay guys, I have some fun news!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

So I was on the market for more LED's as I will eventually put my veg space under LED as well, and my Bloom Tent could use some more power and coverage. I was really looking at Platinum LED's and was hoping I could get three P300's, which would have fit in my tent literally perfectly... and would have produced some amazing buds.

However, after more research I came to the same conclusion that I came too three months ago when I was searching for LED's, and that is that Mars-Hydro is my best option. $281 for a 380watt lamp is unbeatable in my opinion. No other company offers a lamp with a 380watt draw for so cheap, and even though there aren't as many bands of light being covered, IR and other important wavelengths are covered. I can also daisy-chain them together, and that will look awesome :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have also come to the conclusion that they can produce awesome buds, after running my Purple Elephant under the Mars 700 I currently have, that became obvious. Her buds are absolutely magnificent, super frosty and very large.

So yeah, that outta be a lot of fun :cheesygrinsmiley: Going to place my order tomorrow morning! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Okay guys, I have some fun news!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

So I was on the market for more LED's as I will eventually put my veg space under LED as well, and my Bloom Tent could use some more power and coverage. I was really looking at Platinum LED's and was hoping I could get three P300's, which would have fit in my tent literally perfectly... and would have produced some amazing buds.

However, after more research I came to the same conclusion that I came too three months ago when I was searching for LED's, and that is that Mars-Hydro is my best option. $281 for a 380watt lamp is unbeatable in my opinion. No other company offers a lamp with a 380watt draw for so cheap, and even though there aren't as many bands of light being covered, IR and other important wavelengths are covered. I can also daisy-chain them together, and that will look awesome :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have also come to the conclusion that they can produce awesome buds, after running my Purple Elephant under the Mars 700 I currently have, that became obvious. Her buds are absolutely magnificent, super frosty and very large.

So yeah, that outta be a lot of fun :cheesygrinsmiley: Going to place my order tomorrow morning! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sweet my man can't wait to see all that pink light.

Thanks buddy, me neither :high-five:

740 watts of LED should do some work... Hopefully :cheesygrinsmiley:

We appear to have come to the same conclusion about Mars. I'm very tempted. Can't do anything until July, but at the very least another 400-600 panel would be nice.

We appear to have come to the same conclusion about Mars. I'm very tempted. Can't do anything until July, but at the very least another 400-600 panel would be nice.

What's that saying about great minds? :laughtwo: I like what mine is doing now that I have my PH in check!

I have to say that after using both the Mars & Platinum that the Platinum is way better.
I donated my Mars.

Well that sucks to hear ):

I really would prefer three P300's in my Bloom tent, as I could then move my Mars II into the Veg Closet.... But at this point in my life I just can't spend that amount of money on my hobby.. being a college student sucks, I have too pay for way too much other stuff. Some day I will have some gnarly LED's, but for now I think I'll have to settle for the cheaper route. $281 vs $1000 for almost exactly the same amount of watt draw.

Thanks for the compliment earlier though! I love how my PE is doing :cheesygrinsmiley: So close to being done! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Awww man. 3 little LED's? You can get 6-600 watt HID setups for the price of those 3 and have 3600 watts!!! :drool: Im just joking man hope it works out for ya! I know you will grow some beautiful buds! I wished you would try HPS before investing in your whole LED setup but you know what you are doing! Keep up the good work buddy! =)

I've got some info for ya about a specific LED light.
I'll pm ya. The company is near you & have the best light I've ever seen.
And, I can proudly say that at least 2 dispensaries are using it.
16 band adjustable spectrum. Fairly cheap.
Full bloom, veg & finishing light.
The pics on my Cannabis Cup thread that are trees under the LED light were grown with the light.
Check it out.

frostier than frosty frost :)

Awww man. 3 little LED's? You can get 6-600 watt HID setups for the price of those 3 and have 3600 watts!!! :drool: Im just joking man hope it works out for ya! I know you will grow some beautiful buds! I wished you would try HPS before investing in your whole LED setup but you know what you are doing! Keep up the good work buddy! =)

Haha I know Hunter, I know :rofl:

I am going to get a 600 watt HPS in August or September, and probably a new 4x4 tent, so I have room to hang it AND my two LED's. Get the best of both worlds. Thanks a lot for your support man, I am pleased with my progression regardless of my light and I know before I am done growing I will have experimented with many different lights :cheesygrinsmiley:

I've got some info for ya about a specific LED light.
I'll pm ya. The company is near you & have the best light I've ever seen.
And, I can proudly say that at least 2 dispensaries are using it.
16 band adjustable spectrum. Fairly cheap.
Full bloom, veg & finishing light.
The pics on my Cannabis Cup thread that are trees under the LED light were grown with the light.
Check it out.

Thanks a lot for the PM, very intriguing offer :cheesygrinsmiley: Definitely have more research to do now!

frostier than frosty frost :)

Thanks a lot Brother!!! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: Glad to have yo back my man!

I run strictly 600 hps in bloom for my room but I also have 7000$ invested in climate control. In a tent led is probably the best option in conjunction with t5 cfl.

Hps and hid in general are true industry standards. But in about 2 or 3 years led will surpass them. I've been told by manufacturers right to my face. At one point I will be switching to led in recreational growing but not on the initial build and start up.

Oh max here's a pure kush you haven't seen. It's the one on the right. I just up potted from a 1 gallon to a 15 topped that day and through her in bloom. Yes I topped the day of
DSC_3508.JPG
DSC_3510.JPG

I thought of you as I picked it for the 15.

She is lookin' great man, I hope she proves herself in her new huge home! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

I seriously can not wait to pop my Pure Kush seed, I have such high hopes for that plant in High Brix and under the Colorado Sun! Only about 2 weeks left until things get going for me! Your plants have been an inspiration and have definitely added to my excitement about starting mine!

I run strictly 600 hps in bloom for my room but I also have 7000$ invested in climate control. In a tent led is probably the best option in conjunction with t5 cfl.

Hps and hid in general are true industry standards. But in about 2 or 3 years led will surpass them. I've been told by manufacturers right to my face. At one point I will be switching to led in recreational growing but not on the initial build and start up.

Yeah, that is one of the several under-lying conditions that are dissuading me from choosing HID systems... Especially since we are just entering summer and I am sure it will be a hot one.

I was very disappointed with my Mars II after my first grow, only because I made the amateur mistake of thinking the problem was something else, and not my mistake. After I got my PH dialed in things have been running so much more smoothly, and I am actually very impressed with my LED. It also keeps my environment at the perfect conditions, 35% RH and 81* Day Temp / 71* Night Temp... And on top of all of that, my Purple Elephant looks bitchin'! (in my opinion at least haha)

So at this point I am really leaning towards another LED.

Docs kit. Thanks for your support max. Your a good guy.

Of course man, your journals are so easy and fun to follow, and you're an amazing and experienced grower. I should be thanking you for all of your input and service to this community, you have taught and helped so many of us man.

YOU'RE the good guy. Least I could do is support your awesome grow journals! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:\

Thanks for stopping in Dutty, I always look forward to reading your responses.

Purple Elephant Update

Alright guys, so I gave the Purple Elephant an inspection yesterday and I am gonna let it go another week and see where we are. All of her Trichomes are milky, there are some clear Trichs here and there. Her leaves are finally starting to fade, and she hasn't gotten watered since last Tuesday, which makes tomorrow 6 days since her last drink... She has totally sucked her pot dry. I will give her a gallon on Tuesday to get here through until her next inspection. Letting her get really dry for the (supposed) increase in resin production.

She is 6 inches from the light.

IMG_40055.jpg

IMG_4013_2.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't let her dry out during this critical time.
She'll loose lots of terpenes & oils if dry.

She's WAY to beautiful for that. Awesome job my friend.
You're doing CO proud.

Back
Top Bottom