Momma's Kitchen Serving: Green Gelato, Sex Wax, Alaskan Purple, Red Afro & Kalashnikov

Funday Monday!

Here we go friends!
Waiting for 2 seeds to pop otherwise, we are all in play!
@MrSauga (Gotta give the love where it came from) taught me a life saving trick that apparently I will be using for...e v e r !

Every once and a while I get a seed that has decided grow upside down. I swear I put them in right, but I guess the dome maybe more moist than it should be and that's why however.... I germinate this way and get good results usually, knock on wood. So I did my minor procedure to reverse the seed/tap root and remove the outer shell of the seed.
Thank you again Mr.S, saved me again....

If you see them growing upside down, address it right away to save your plant!

Reverse Tap Root

Soak new soil puck in luke warm water, until swollen. Take a sharpie and poke a hole in the centre of the moistened pod where you will place the root.

Take the pod, carefully cut the membrane of the fabric to access the see/root.
**Do not squeeze the pod, or you will crush/snap the root, very sensitive**

Gently remove the medium away from the root.
**Do not touch the root itself**

I lightly agitate/tremble the medium until they separate in one hand. Then I flip the seed/root into my other hand with no medium. I am sure you could place it on somewhere safe, but I do this because it's easiest and I feel like the warmth of my hand is less stressful than another inanimate object that is cold.

Toss out used pod

Carefully take root and place root side down in new soil pod, leaving the shell on the root. I gently move soil around to cover the root base.
**Do not squeeze the pod, or you will crush/snap the root, very sensitive**

Place back on the tray, under the dome, under the light.

They will green up in a few hours is all went well.

Removal of Outer Shell

A little tricky and takes steady hands, but totally do able!

Hold the pod in you non dominate hand, place a droplet of water on top of the seeds shell, so the water is engulfed in the cracks of the shell.

Use a sharp instrument to gently lift up shell, like a gentle flicking motion but GENTLY! Water acts a lubricant to help the shell lift off. Do not push, squeeze or bend the root to remove shell, you may break the damage the root. It will eventually lift if you are patient. Add another droplet of water is need be, do not manhandle her take you time. Deep breaths:love:

Repeat steps, until shell is off.

Then place quickly back on the tray, under the light.

You will see them respond right away and start to show light green within a few hours.

Nurture with love, positive intentions, and high vibes!

:love:

Do not open dome, let her be and recover. Nothing else to be done but :morenutes:

post your painting here https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/creativity-show-me-yours-and-ill-show-you-mine.458975/ if not already posted
Did you plant any of those baby English cucumbers?

Hi Brewster Baby!

Yes I did! I was outside in the pouring rain planting more gardens. My hubby made me two more 7x7 plus he came home with a 20x20x8 Greenhouse! (I deserved it, lol :rofl:, no he was just being kind) I went a little crazy at the nursery with my daughter who now is in charge of her very first garden box :love: Fills my heart up sharing with her.

How is yours? I can't believe the artist we have here!! I am so excited to share. It was my first time picking up a paint brush in 25 years. I used to pencil draw alot growing up and it became pressure from people to make it a career somehow, but it was my therapy. So the defiant me (which I know no longer serves me, I learn't) stop art all together. I was going to pursue a career as an Art Therapist but didn't. I work with children that live with daily challenges, so I fulfilled that side of it but now I am drawn to my passion again. I have to say the pot lead the way.... I get super creative when I have no pain and a nice high. Super fun and chill... ya know? So, I picked up high quality water colour paints, paper and I am off. I am not trained in water colour and in fact have no memory of using it before. I was a more oil girl. But it is compact and I like to pack up and be inspired somewhere ya, so it is easy to work with I though. Tricky to learn but I am learning.... I'm not that good and have not done it in well almost half my life but I know what it looks like if I don't do it....so I try.

:green_heart:Do you have any art? Any artists are always welcome to post pictures here! Huge art supporter here!:green_heart:
:green_heart: I dedicate this crop to, colour! Our Artists!! Ya Perfect! :green_heart:

Dam I think art needs to be apart of the contest, giveaway.... hmmm anyone have any suggestions? I'm open:love:

Hi Brewster Baby!

Yes I did! I was outside in the pouring rain planting more gardens. My hubby made me two more 7x7 plus he came home with a 20x20x8 Greenhouse! (I deserved it, lol :rofl:, no he was just being kind) I went a little crazy at the nursery with my daughter who now is in charge of her very first garden box :love: Fills my heart up sharing with her.

How is yours? I can't believe the artist we have here!! I am so excited to share. It was my first time picking up a paint brush in 25 years. I used to pencil draw alot growing up and it became pressure from people to make it a career somehow, but it was my therapy. So the defiant me (which I know no longer serves me, I learn't) stop art all together. I was going to pursue a career as an Art Therapist but didn't. I work with children that live with daily challenges, so I fulfilled that side of it but now I am drawn to my passion again. I have to say the pot lead the way.... I get super creative when I have no pain and a nice high. Super fun and chill... ya know? So, I picked up high quality water colour paints, paper and I am off. I am not trained in water colour and in fact have no memory of using it before. I was a more oil girl. But it is compact and I like to pack up and be inspired somewhere ya, so it is easy to work with I though. Tricky to learn but I am learning.... I'm not that good and have not done it in well almost half my life but I know what it looks like if I don't do it....so I try.

:green_heart:Do you have any art? Any artists are always welcome to post pictures here! Huge art supporter here! :green_heart:

Dam I think art needs to be apart of the contest, giveaway.... hmmm anyone have any suggestions? I'm open:love:

Were they Emparator cucs, took me years to find just the right ones
Still too early to plant outside, next week 10c & -4c at night Have my cucs in the greenhouse, think I wait till after it warms up to put them it the ground
IMG_1606.JPG
Have lots of petunia flower, verbena, lobelia ,lemon balm & others
IMG_1609.JPGIMG_1608.JPG
Some more cucs ,tomatoes, & peppers
IMG_1610.JPGIMG_1607.JPG

My art is posted in the thread I posted
596C44F3.jpg

Were they Emparator cucs, took me years to find just the right ones
Still too early to plant outside, next week 10c & -4c at night Have my cucs in the greenhouse, think I wait till after it warms up to put them it the ground
IMG_1606.JPG
Have lots of petunia flower, verbena, lobelia ,lemon balm & others
IMG_1609.JPGIMG_1608.JPG
Some more cucs ,tomatoes, & peppers
IMG_1610.JPGIMG_1607.JPG

My art is posted in the thread I posted
596C44F3.jpg
That is a sick ring! Well done!! Your garden looks awesome! I have never had a Green house so I am no 100% how to do it. I did manage to plant the outside one so far. I may keep it for my indoor outdoor garden lol.... Just to keep with the times. lol
I may come knocking for advice if you don't mind? :love:

:slide:UPATE:slide:

3 Seeds of each strain were germinated May 1

Green Gelato- 1
Red Afro - 2
Sex Wax- 1*
Alaskan Purple- 3
Kalashnikov- 3

*Sex Wax - this is the one that grew upside down, shell on, so I reversed it. Sex Wax & Green Gelato seem to be the slower strain thus far. They still have time... not worried. If nothing else I at least got one of each, but I usually get a better turn out for dinner, if ya know what I mean. So I will just wait and update as we go.:surf::Namaste::love: Send them positive vibes:peace:

I don't want to open the dome to check to see if perlite is a sprout so those are what I can see fully up.

That is a sick ring! Well done!! Your garden looks awesome! I have never had a Green house so I am no 100% how to do it. I did manage to plant the outside one so far. I may keep it for my indoor outdoor garden lol.... Just to keep with the times. lol
I may come knocking for advice if you don't mind? :love:
That's not a ring, weighs about 2 lbs .I have made rings
My GH is 10 x 12 on a raised bed & have grow boxes inside with heat pipe running through
Cooling a greenhouse is the hardest if not vented at the very top, if it is clear even harder
pick up at white tarp(princess auto) as a sunshade ( will also make your plastic last longer ) really hot days I run a mister at one end & draw through with a exhaust fan

(Gotta give the love where it came from) taught me a life saving trick that apparently I will be using for...e v e r !
Glad you remembered!!
Sometimes the membrane gets left behind even though the helmet(shell) was removed so it's something to look for as well. If the membrane doesn't get removed then the cotys won't open up. The process is the same with misting or droplets of water.

Glad you remembered!!
Sometimes the membrane gets left behind even though the helmet(shell) was removed so it's something to look for as well. If the membrane doesn't get removed then the cotys won't open up. The process is the same with misting or droplets of water.
I need to add that lol
Thanks again Mr.S :hug:

Back
Top Bottom