Momma's Kitchen Serving: My Bloody Valentines

did you get rid of your old pumpkin and squash vines
check your bushes, cedar, & other heavy vegetation
made some winter hash last night :lot-o-toke:

Sooo I still can't find the source however I am taking down a couple plants. @Backlipslide was it you that did that bud wash?
I did a bud wash with my outdoor plant this past summer... only photos though, that was in my Boptang carnival journal somewhere. I’m sure someone around here has a good video of a tutorial! :high-five:

Original Bud Washing thread is here.

Full instructions are a little way down the page and include adding a first bucket with a dilution of H202 for eliminating PM. (So that makes it a 4-bucket wash. H2O2 dilution; lemon and bicarb mix; water; water)

On page 93 Doc, who pioneered/adapted the practice for cannabis, revised the recipe for the lemon and baking soda bucket to 1/2 cup of each.

Wow! Thank you guys!!! I have never done it but I feel I may try it. It seems to go against trying to dry out the bud when your soaking it in dampness but better than smoking something else.

And so I read....

It’s seems counterintuitive doesn’t it? But in fact, many people’s observation is that plants dry better afterwards more evenly etc.

And the H202 will kill the PM.

I spin the freshly washed stem/branches in my fingers or between my palms to throw out as much water as possible. Then they hang to drip in the sun and enjoy the wind for quite a few hours after wash.

...one of the things it’s aiming to emulate is the lovely washing rains that happen in nature! In a controlled way, on harvest day, when you always want it to happen ;)

How do you do it?

My technique was based off instructions from Curso.

I use 3 5g buckets. The first bucket has room temp, ie not cold, water with the lemon juice and baking soda. The second bucket has the hottest water I can get from the faucet. The last bucket is the coldest water I can get.

**This part sounds just like a nice facial.... sorry I digress, dreaming about the days going to my favourite spa in town. It's an Indian Hot House. I'm clicking my heals three times damit! hahaha but ya ugh... I do miss it. The steam room was awesome and they have this marble sable where they start your journey and you finish in a Tea & Sweets lounge... friggin love it! They have couples night where you get the place to yourself with your partner so you can be as free as a free bird without ever seeing another person.

Okay now I do digress, my first time taking honey and going to this spa. Lets just say our dinner was to go, I was literally as green as an olive. The honey oil I had taken kicked in at the spa and by the time we got our drinks, My face, arms, hands.... up I totally greened out. Happy 1 Anniversary dear! Surprise!
Thank god he's the experienced one and understanding and well I was sooo shocked I felt normal again in the morning I was laughing my head off. Ugh... Not a cheap experience I must add.

So I will do this. I will post as I do it. Not today maybe tomorrow.

@Amy Gardner Thank you

The plants look ok. Just ok. I feel they are drying up from the amount of times I have sprayed a couple. I see some bulking up. I will be taking theses down earlier vs later. I just feel they have been through alot and have a strong chance of flipping. I also removed the Green Gelato & BCG. They were growing as if they were going to hermie, I kulled them. The Sex Wax looks like a cross between yellow popcorn colour with Green Apple. Sounds weird. They are starting for bulk up.

I will be updating as I go. :love:

I do have some exciting news!!!!

Momma's will be hosting a comparative grow with our amazing Sponsors, @Mars Hydro!!! I am very honoured and excited to host the journal which will feature comparative lights but Ill also grow strains I haven't tried before so it should be fun. I won't be starting it until after My Bloody Valentines is closed, which should be in a couple weeks. So I hope you'll join me once I begin :love:
Mars Hydro

I'm up potting the veg room and flipping as I go in groups of 10.

The second bucket has the hottest water I can get from the faucet. The last bucket is the coldest water I can get.
Hi Momma!
What was the reasoning behind that. I'd be concerned the trichs would be damaged or melted from the hot water. Just my thought.

I’ve never varied the temps in the water. I just try to make sure it’s not super cold. I don’t think the hot is necessary at all. Graytail uses warm in the middle bucket sometimes. But it’s just warm, not hot.

I want to say, save yourself the hassle and don’t bother with the hot water... so, I did :)

check this out
great weather for winter hash & honey oil

Untitled.jpg
You read my mind!!

Back
Top Bottom