Horse's Coco Hempy 400w CMH Vertical Crawlspace Grow 2010

Great post-mortem Horse!

What do you think was going on with the roots? Mine always go all the way to the bottom of the res too... maybe they just like the coco better?

OC+ is so damn cheap I'm going to start using even more than I have, especially now that I have my temps under control thanks to the new plug on my a/c unit :cheer:

Thanks for your help with that my friend.

Great post-mortem Horse!

What do you think was going on with the roots? Mine always go all the way to the bottom of the res too... maybe they just like the coco better?

OC+ is so damn cheap I'm going to start using even more than I have, especially now that I have my temps under control thanks to the new plug on my a/c unit :cheer:

Thanks for your help with that my friend.

I dunno about the res roots, BD. They were there, just fragile? I thought the root gnats munched up in the top couple of inches, but ? I've been using pondzyme?

I have some buckets with lava rock rezs which may be interesting to check out too... to bad all this scientific observation has to wait so danged long!

I was going to quit the OC+, but maybe it has a place in the line up here. I'll just have to grow out some more Jacks and speriment, sigh... ;)

Good deal on the ac :thumb:

Hay Horse, congrats on the chop.:thumb: Hope it smokes as good as it smells.

Unless you've got clouds of gnats I don't think you'll see any damage from them. Everything I've read says they'll eat other organic material as well as roots, so they're more likely to eat promix or soil particles unless theres a lot of competition for food.

Coolish temps might have kept the roots from going as far into the rez as usual.

Hay Horse, congrats on the chop.:thumb: Hope it smokes as good as it smells.

Unless you've got clouds of gnats I don't think you'll see any damage from them. Everything I've read says they'll eat other organic material as well as roots, so they're more likely to eat promix or soil particles unless theres a lot of competition for food.

Coolish temps might have kept the roots from going as far into the rez as usual.

Thanks Mick! I did a test smoke on a slightly sunburned bud tip... smoooth and effective.

I am wishing I had the light power to run a 4 Jack scrog... the screen looks so lonely, and I think these Jacks could fill every hole ;)

I hadn't thought about the dirt as an organic snack, hmmmmm. It'll be interesting to see what the potato slices attract. The clouds of gnats have been knocked back to mere wisps, but I did find a couple entombed in trichs... what a way to go... and now, we've got protein in every puff! ;)

HorseBad,

Wow, your girls are looking great!:yummy: I dig your bare-bulb 360 garden setup. It looks like those hempy's are treating you and your girls just right! :morenutes::bravo:

HorseBad,

Wow, your girls are looking great!:yummy: I dig your bare-bulb 360 garden setup. It looks like those hempy's are treating you and your girls just right! :morenutes::bravo:

Thanks C-LOJ, and thanks for stoppin by!

Gardening in the Round is working pretty well, so far. :cheer: The quality is definitely there, and I think there are plenty of ways to boost the yield, if I use them right :)

I like the hempys a lot, a whole lot... this latest Jack is coco and dirt. I hope it's made a very good product even better.

Come back when you can stay a while :)

Congrats on the chop, Horse. I have had a couple with odd roots before - the plant I'm growing right now looks pretty healthy on top, but when I transplanted her yesterday her roots were pretty weak -- but I think I have a bit of pithium maybe...

I here you about making better notes about stuff - that's definitely something I need to keep getting better at - I'm always wishing I'd have made a note about something that I didn't.

Glad to hear the first smoke was smooth - should only get better! :thumb:

Congrats on the chop, Horse. I have had a couple with odd roots before - the plant I'm growing right now looks pretty healthy on top, but when I transplanted her yesterday her roots were pretty weak -- but I think I have a bit of pithium maybe...

I here you about making better notes about stuff - that's definitely something I need to keep getting better at - I'm always wishing I'd have made a note about something that I didn't.

Glad to hear the first smoke was smooth - should only get better! :thumb:

Hay Xlr8r, I'm glad my roots just looked odd, and not unhealthy... well, to me at least :smokin:

Notes, jeeze, I've got calendars, stickies, scraps of paper, bookmarks, stuff written on the tents... and I still can't find what I want :)

Thanks for the stoop in.

Nice Chop Horse. :)

Glad there was no critters in the roots. In fact I was surprised that they looked so good. You got it going on now! :adore:

Howdee OMM, No larvae on the taters this am... I'm just waiting to open the real host pot and get swarmed :)

Maybe Mick is on to something with the larvae liking the dirt better than the roots?

The White Russians may come down next weekend, more autopsies ;)

Thanks for comin by!

Awesome work Horse. Great detail with taking apart the root ball. serious stuff there.
And great job with your harvest! I might just be exhausted, but what plant was that?!
How are your laies doing on the mini pool?

Thanks farnorth!

The latest chopee is a Jack Herer. She is slowly drying in her hi tech cabinet.

DSC09421.jpg

The bathing beauties are still basking in light of the CDM. A week or two should tell me if it's worth it compared to the CMH. Nugs don't seem quite as dense, and there aren't a lot, but they are sugary :yummy:

DSC09390.jpg

No larvae on the potato slices after two days. I'm trying to find out more about the beneficial nematodes. I want to find out if I can keep them in a pot of dirt kind of like a *culture,* rather than buying a new batch for every grow.

Glad to see you here :thumb:

No larvae on the potato slices after two days. I'm trying to find out more about the beneficial nematodes. I want to find out if I can keep them in a pot of dirt kind of like a *culture,* rather than buying a new batch for every grow.

Hi Horse. Good job the harvest and root ball analysis. IMHO I think under the right conditions they should multiply and thrive. Just not sure about what those conditions may be :). Really glad to see that those little buggers didn't cause any damage after all. I hope I have the same results.
:peacetwo:

heheh, as long as there's only a small bit of protein on the buds it shouldn't be a major issue. Do they pop when ya cook 'em?

Hanging Jack looks good:thumb: congrats.

No babies showing up on your potato slices is good indication your treatments were working. The stragglers were probably the last generation. Here's to a gnat free crawl!!:peacetwo:

awesome. Ive only dried in cardboard boxes exactly like that before.. I dont need the high tech dry cabinets and such. Maybe this time i will expiriment with some different techniques. but for the most part i think that works just fine. good work cant wait to hear a smoke report on the jack....

i just feel like a total space cadet but CDM... tell me more?:hmmmm:

Paper bags, newspaper, boxes, any thing that breathes and can absorb some moisture seems to temper the drying... not too fast, not too slow ;)

CDM is kind of a light guy's nomenclature, I guess. It's what the fellow at Advanced called it when I was looking for a flowering bulb that runs on a MH ballast, of which I have a few :(

It's part of the CMH family, but runs in any orientation, draws 330w, and runs off a 400w MH ballast. That's opposed to the 400w CMH bulbs that runs in only one orientation (horizontal or vertical), and off an HPS ballast.

I think Philips calls them both CDM, but I'm too relaxed to look that up right now :tokin:

I'm waitin for the Jack smoke report, too. Tune in around a month from now :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom