Monster cropping?

Those are clones of a clone taken almost 3 weeks into flower, I wouldnt recommend taking past that, was hard to get em to take. I `ve never revegged after harvest, peace

I don't know if you're still interested, but here is some better information on Monster Cropping:

Monster Cropping or Flowering Clones is another method of growing that was brought to my attention by one of our members; JWP, who also was kind enough to provide the pictures for this part of the guide. This method involves taking clones of flowering plants and then forcing them to root and re-veg, which eventually leads to very bushy plants with a great number of branches and nodes. I named this technique Monster Cropping because that is what you will get, real monster plants, but also because this method was introduced to the scene by a grower named greenmonster714. He in turn credits a grower named Feral for discovering this technique.

Taking clones from flowering plants goes against all that has been said about cloning cannabis and might therefore seem a bit confusing at first but the science behind the technique is sound and the results speak for themselves.

You start by taking clones of a plant that is about 21 days into flowering. This seems to be the best time to do it but you can also takes clones at a later stage with the same results. The lower branches make better clones as they have not yet become rigid and will also root faster and more easily than say the top cola. Move the new cutting into a glass of water and let it sit for a while in order to make sure that no air gets into the vascular system during handling, as this can be fatal to your new plant. You should make the cut so that it runs along the stem as this will increase the surface area for water and possibly nutrient uptake, depending on what method of cloning you use. Personally, I have found that using a small hydroponic setup or a propagation bubbler is by far the best way to clone cannabis plants. I will not expand on the subject of cloning here, if you need more information on how to clone your plants, have a look at the official cloning thread by JJScorpio

In the picture below, you can see how the clone from a flowering plant been has placed in a propagation bubbler for rooting and re-vegging. This also means that you will have to put the clone back under a veg light schedule of 18/6, 20/4 or even 24/0. Clones do not need strong light so a small CFL will do. You can remove some of the buds at this stage in order to encourage the plant to revert back into its vegetative cycle but leave the topmost flower alone.
user65379_pic194671_1255593601.jpg

It will take several weeks for the clone to root, some never do, so it is best that you take a great number of clones at the same time in order to ensure that at least one makes it on to the next stage. It might be a good idea to place the clones inside a humidity dome, which can be bought at gardening stores or custom built for your specific needs. The high humidity inside the dome will make sure that the plants do not dry out and die. Ventilate the dome every day just to make sure that the plants don't get attacked by mold.

Keep in mind however that the most important thing when it comes to cloning is to provide the fresh cuttings with plenty of oxygen and that is why the propagation bubbler is so effective compared to other methods
user65379_pic194672_1255593601.jpg

The clones might be a sad sight at first but as soon as they root, they will also revert back into the vegetative stage and start growing again. Once the clones have rooted properly and started growing again, they will put out single unserrated leaves at first but the normal leafs are soon to follow. It might be a good idea to apply some training at this stage, tying down some of the tops will encourage even more branching. You can also provide some heat underneath the clones as this will speed up the rooting process considerably.

When the plant starts growing again, the incredible branching power of the flowering clone becomes apparent.
user65379_pic194680_1255594379.jpg

As you can see, this plant has grown into a real monster, and all this without ever topping the plant. That's the beauty of this technique; you can forget all about topping and FIM'ing since the flowering clone will sprout all these new branches all by itself.

This plant is now perfectly suited for a SCROG or perhaps even a SOG grow. This one plant can easily fill up an entire Scrog net in no time. Several of these plants grown in SOG will definitely give you a grand harvest.

There are other benefits from using this technique; it also removes the need for keeping mother plants. When the newly re-vegged plant is flowered, it can also provide more clones for a perpetual harvest. Recycling at its best. This might be of interest to those who need to keep down their number of plants.

Needless to say, this method is highly effective thanks to the heavy branching that occurs after a flowering clone is re-vegged. With further training and some patience, you will get some real monster plants and thereby also a monster harvest.

:morenutes:

now that is a monster ... excellent post uni' that is something i will try !

hi guys...ok this is discussian right ? or opinions good or bad yea ?...ok then heres my theory.......whilst indeed the plant in question has many branches.....it has large spacing between the nodes there fore...........my thinking is this......how is that plant gonna harvest more ?.....one main bud on top of each branch...then 2nd bud down is a mile away.....i agree it is indeed a monster plant............but just not convienced it wud harvest well.....a pic or two more in flower...... may change my mind........i like this thread...and all the guys who have chimed in.........disscussion is the path to knowledge...............be lucky weedtastic

The whole point of doing this is to create clones. If they what to bud it, it would probably have one or two colas per stalk unless the clip the new growth to make it branch anymore. But the problem would be the mould factor. You would have to keep it well ventilated

Re: Monster cropping ???

I have heard of it! and am currently in process of trying it out.
it seems an iffy deal. take a BUNCH of clones & cross fingers 1 or 2 make it.
I did take them VERY late in cycle. it seems the window is + or - 21 days.
if it works , let me know . I will return favor.
I got it from here:
his method was introduced to the scene by a grower named greenmonster714
Monster Cropping.
by Iffy-Caradoc's on wwwdot Uk420 dot com

Monster Cropping or Flowering Clones is another method of growing super bushy plants. This method involves taking clones of flowering plants and then forcing them to root and re-veg, which eventually leads to very bushy plants with a great number of branches and nodes. This technique is known as Monster Cropping because that is what you will get, real Monster plants, but also because this method was introduced to the scene by a grower named Greenmonster. He in turn credits a grower named Feral for discovering this technique.
Luck,
Slag

I've been trying to keep up with a grower on youTube named HygroHybrid who uses only monster cropping to maximize his yield of a single plant. He usually flowers 2 plants in his flowering room in his RDWC setup, but I don't remember him ever mentioning taking his clones from flowered plants. In fact I remember him saying that he clones, then grows it/them out just to take more clones and throw the donor(s) away which suggests he's just trying to keep the strain at a certain stage of growth till his flower room opens back up. His end result however coincides with the above pictured plant in that he stretches them out with many branches, then once the bush is a foot or two (not exactly sure) above where his ScrOG net is going to be, he begins bending, supper cropping and tying branches down to create an even canopy, then puts the ready made net over that. He also lollipop's the lower 1/3 of the plant for ventilation, as well as to open up the bottom view of it all. this gives him the ability to better see the blank spaces in the net and fills the spaces with the many available branches. Once complete the 600w HID pretty much does the rest. He veg's under T8 floros and allows them to stretch, and flowers under the 600w HPS per plant. Each plant is alotted a 4'x4' net space. His harvest is purported to be over a pound per plant every time which caught my attention quick. As a new grower, I hope more details of this technique come to the surface before I flip. My space is much smaller and my expectations follow that suit. I will do my best to mimic what I've come to understand and try to finish with this technique. At the very minimum I will learn a lot. Hope this thread regains vigor and discussion. Peace.

This is another attempt to bring this thread current again for continued discussion and hopefully added knowledge.

I am a new grower (maybe half way into veg of my first grow). I am currently in soil, but have been prepping to get into hydro and more importantly, am trying to hone a technique that caters to a budget of space. Currently I only have 2 spaces, one above another, but hope to soon be in something that is measured in feet, not inches. In that time I will be looking to get into monster cropping according to the old definition (era this thread began) and new (coined by HygroHybrid on YouTube). I am in love with the picture I saw above by uniKorn, and in spite of a low rooting rate of cuttings taken, if only 1 out of 10 take, it would be worth it as space constraints would only accommodate a plant or 2 anyway. If newer knowledge can be applied to better those odds, great, but I would still be happy with the lesser of odds.

I am in no way near the comfort level that I'd like to be for this type of grow, but fully intend to stick to these methods until I can make them work for me. I will of course continue to update findings to :420: as I find them, but would appreciate any assistance I can find.

My plan for the next 6 months include;

Finding a good quality strain that does well in hydro and confined spaces. So far I'm liking THC Bomb

Finding a space to accommodate a flower room and veg room of adequate size. Maybe 8'w x 4'd x 8'h

Getting some seeds growing, likely first in the bubbler, then to RDWC or aeroponic for veg and flower.

Once in flower, (21 days according to above layout) take clones back to bubbbler in veg and continue the mother to harvest. Let mom get very bushy, then super crop the hell out of her (still trying to find the best time for this) under a ScrOG net, and lollipop her under carriage in accordance with HygroHybrid's method in his RDWC series on YouTube.

While mom is finishing and the clones spend minimal amount of time in veg, reflower them all to the 21 day mark and take more clones. Once roots are produced, toss out the reveged clones and start the process again. Do this continuously until mom is harvested and at this time, a clone or two should already be in flower or close behind. If space permits, perhaps even building a second flowing room to increase the production of the perpetual harvest.

This is a general idea and of course many other details must be ironed out, but me thinks once complete, these practices can continue to produce many heavy top quality buds with minimal disturbances. Feeding and other schedules are already shared on his YouTube series, and that's a great place to start for me. I still have a few more things to get to make it all happen, but is well within my reach as I've been accumulating supplies for a while now for this type of grow. I will likely start a new journal in the future once I finish this dirt grow and take what I can (knowledge wise) from that experience.

Please comment, even if only to say hello. I want to keep his thread current in the "recent posts", but don't want to be the only one chatting it up in here. TYIA

Re: Monster cropping ???

doesnt look to monster to me !!!!!!!!!!! you could take cuttings and grow em faster than taking flowering cuttings ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, theres nothing super about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From what I was told and have seen you can gain ~40% I don't care who you are you can't say that's not significant and worth more investigation. Especially when taking clones for outdoor. Also some plants take longer than others to re-veg some only take 3-4 to root and start back to re-veg. I've been reading, asking, and etc. since it was brought to my attention. Even if its not for me now it may help me or someone else down the road.

this is a mission impossible technique!
I have had so many fails! 1 somewhat success, the plant was not a keeper.
I am not a fan of the monster Croppin. if ur desperate, try it . DO NOT hold out much hope!
the re-Veg is a chancy thing... many fails. stopped wasting time & resources!
Luck,
SLAG

As stated previously in this thread, it is very difficult to root a cutting taken from a flowered cutting. However donpaul.p has been successfully rooting flowered clones and revegging plants that have already been harvested. I linked his current journal to his name. Skip ahead maybe 65-70 pages and start scanning for "monster" or "reveg" in his posts. Then slow down and read. Like many other techniques, there are pros and cons. The pros for this is an insane amount of new vegetative growth, the cons very difficult to root out.

I have rooted flowering clones in a bubbler along side straight cuttings and found very little difference in the time it took the clones to start rooting. It seems to me that the true difference is in the fact that the bud must then re-veg and create a lot of growth all at once which seems to stall it compared to other clones. I did not complete growing out the flowering clones but I would imagine that the extra lats would have made up for the extra veg time in the long run.
I have found another good way to achieve multiple tops with low stress on the new cutting is to Pre- top a branch on a host plant allow the topping to heal and start new growth then take the whole topped end as a cutting. Ive even cloned multi topped clones with four main stems to build from.

Thanks for sharing that voodoo. I have been wondering that and now you've answered before I asked. That's really good too b/c you get a plant that forks just above ground level, correct? That's the exact plant I want to grow in the scrog!

According to DP, the monster cloning process takes about 3 weeks, so just to be safe, 4 or 5 weeks would probably suffice for being adequately back in veg. More may be better, but for the sake of the experiment, are you trying to see how many flips you can fit in a 5 month window, or the extent of growth that can be had? Seems to me ya can't test both of those as one involves expediting a cycle and the other lengthening it. Whatever the case, I'd like to know where you wanna take this and what you hope to learn from the experience.

I see the benefits in monster cropping a clone but to mostercrop multiple budding limbs I feel would be futile. I think that there are enough methods to create adequate budding sites, with some methods too many, so I fail to see how extending a plants vegetative cycle that long will benefit. If its to pack on more bud weight as a way of extending bud growth period then I foresee long stretchy light buds but this is just my opinion. Either way if youre willing to trial it LA then I am willing to learn from it LOL.
oh my apologies too skybound you have a similar red font in your sig as another grower on here oops my bad.

OK to be honest everyone is saying how mental the growth is, so I want to see what I can do bending a mentally hectic growing girl to my will! I have quite a big closet that should let me work with her for quite some time. I also want to start in quite small pots and let them buil really tight root ball each time before repot. I'll give them good veg and flower periods to get the most extreme reaction out of her. I will also use some pruning as its clearly gonna be needed! (from all the info I have so far)
Really though its just for sh1ts and giggles and can fit it around my other grows. Just want to see what it will produce really, I get bored easily and love messing with plants to the extremes and this seems another route to do this in a new manner!

No current method in every aspect of life would have been learned had there not been a pioneer of some form to learn and pass on that knowledge. With that said, this is converting an already doomed plant into a chance to get yet more knowledge in whatever form that knowledge is produced with these tests. Perhaps data collected in this experiment may lead to a break through in this or any other aspect of growing, or maybe it won't produce anything in terms of knowledge, but me personally, until I can find the space I'd need to manage my primary grow and also a secondary grow, I won't be able to enjoy this experience unless LA performs these tests. This guy's eyes are pealed!

Back
Top Bottom