Multi-Strain - Multi-Media - LED - Grow

Re: Green Dreamz with Critical Kush and Top LED

Ok everyone.....not much to report.......did a flush and res change yesterday......ladies look happy.......
Does anyone have any experience with fox farms nutrients? the ph is kind of a pain in the ass to keep up with.....i correct it to 5.8-5.9 and next morning its in the high 4s....i called the company and they said it is due to the open sesame, beastie bloomz, and cha cha ching having such low ph...they suggested adding more big bloom or ph up......i dont want to add more base nutrient so does anyone know of a way to better stabilize it? longest question ever:)lol:Namaste:

Well i was going to wait till monday but decided what the hell:)
20140927_094321.jpg

I use the wet paper towel and container method with tap water to pop them...once they pop they will move to the rooter plugs which will reside in the daisy cloner for about a week if all goes well
20140927_095422.jpg
20140927_095434.jpg
20140927_095958.jpg

thank you GD, I believe you can great great with our lights, plants look truly great.
Welcome to the jungle SmokeSara......glad to have ya.....hope i do your lights justice:)

I just use distilled water /paper towel/ ziplock baggie dark kitchen drawer the house stays around 72f or warmer @ late Sept.
Dark & Warm
the towel is 3 layers thick & the seeds go between layer 1 & 2 so there's 2 layer under the seed
I orientate the towel so I open the baggie & 1st layer at the same time so to check on crackin
& I plant when the tap root shows like in your Pix .
I'm gonna use my Fleaboi tree liners for seedlings

Happy Skunkday Zombie:) we do it about the same minus the zip lock and distilled water....i have r/o water but i didnt know if it would be good for popping beans......i have used tap from the start, which isnt much, and been almost a 100%:) almost...Lol
Do you ever have issuses with the seed shell constricting the true leaves from opening? i have had a couple that i had to remove..which i dont like doing...i panic the whole time worried about injuring her....lol

I use small needles (pins) & a fine gentile squirts of water
I always wet the shell casing before I try this water softens the shell alittle to slowly ease the sticking shells off don't force anything & don't feel that it must come off Right Then & NOW ! come back hours later & try again .
on these autos one took 2 days to wiggle off the stuck shell OCD strikes again , actually the shell will come of on it's own but who wants a delay ??? am I right ?

seeds are high stress for newer growers , 1st ya gotta get the seeds not a simple thing for some , then there's cost 10/15 $ for a premium seed , the time factor to score your seed , so when a shell hangs It Is a Big Issue
don't use tap water if you can , your introducing algae & other oraniziums into the paper towel . some actually do a simple bleach (2%)wash to get a sterilization of the seed as fresh bud sprouts very easy this is done on older seed that might take awhile to germinate .
stops any rot from starting before the shell pops
I have to do this on my rare African plant seed , some I actually have to scald with hot water to get them to germinate , some it takes sand paper to score the shell

Alright i wont use tap water anymore..i didnt think about algae and so on:)..so do you think r/o water should be fine to soak the paper towel?

yeah R/O is great I have R/O here as well I just use distilled because I'm lazi , I use that in my tea in the morning & all seed operations is done in the kitchen , that's where the distilled is , So you get the pix lol

I'll be honest, Ive used tap water for every germination, I just ran it through my brita filter. But our water sources could be VERY different so using r\o or distilled water is the safest bet, mainly because it takes away any other variables but the seeds, and the temperature you've got them germinating in.

I'll be honest, Ive used tap water for every germination, I just ran it through my brita filter. But our water sources could be VERY different so using r\o or distilled water is the safest bet, mainly because it takes away any other variables but the seeds, and the temperature you've got them germinating in.
yeah , that's exactly how I feel , i could use just tap but with all issues that could come up I find it best to try to control any variables
@ $15 a pop a seed .

Most definitely, and it's those reasons that my grow next month, ill be doing the same thing. It'll be my first grow in almost a decade, Thanks to the military haha. But yeah seeing the prices of the seeds I bought for next months grow, im not taking any chances.

Back
Top Bottom