Multi Strain, Perpetual, Capn Style, Multi Room

Looks good :) thanks for the help on mine :)

Wazzup gang!?! Today i plumbed my flood table and it worked out great. I just gotta be careful not to get pin holes in the plastic, but the pics and video should make it clear what I did. Oh, I also transplanted them last night into bigger pots. I looked just at the right time to as I noticed the slightest stall in vigorous growth and sure as shit, when I popped off the pots, the root development was perfect. I wish I would've gotten a pic or two because there was angel hair everywhere, and a generous amount of circling on the bottom. The large drainage holes held them at bay down there which was good and I'm pretty sure was the cause of having angel hair all the way up the sides. I still have to drill some holes tomorrow morning in the DIY halos, but everything is good now and no more hand feeding for this guy save for weekly tea feedings.

4 gallons of 500 PPM will begin recirculating tomorrow morning sometime. Last I checked PH was around 5.7, 5.6, but I might bump it lower. Res temps, cool, but beyond that it doesn't really matter for this grow style.

IMG_20141114_121502_988.jpg
IMG_20141114_123507_707.jpg
IMG_20141114_123655_959.jpg

I'm studying this! I'm gonna be helping a friend set up a fairly large grow and I'm gonna be using ideas from this. Your explanations in airflow are amazing and I have bookedmarked this page for future reading!

I was creeping Capn style journals last night and found yours Koncept. I'm embarrassed that I didn't see it before, go4snypr too. Just got caught up on his, but you have a few more pages than his, so I'll need a bit more time, but I will read it and comment at the end.

I'm happy to have helped if at all. I LOVE to reinvent the wheel about every other day. I will never stop entertaining ideas that might lead me to an easier grow experience. I don't mean to pat myself on the back, but I am really happy so far with the DIY floating flood table. It cost me about $20 to make and there was enough wood to make 2 or 3. When I can afford, I plan to swap out the ratchet hangers with chains for the obvious reason, but also because the chains could be used to support a scrog, and if push comes to shove, the entire table, with potted plants trapped under the scrog can be transported elsewhere with minimal interference. If I do need to transport, I imagine another man would be needed and we'd be able to carry the table like a stretcher.

Got the halos all drilled and in service. I plugged in the 185 GPH pump and it took a few seconds to pressurize all the 1/2" poly tubing, but once it built some back pressure, it produced a nice fast dripper-like output. I was concerned that such a small pump wouldn't be able to create enough pressure, but it did and after only about 8 minutes of continuous flooding, I was content to stop the pump. The table worked perfectly on the first try and that's rare for me. You can tell the out put of the pump by how much water drains through the table and each pot receives generous portions from their halos.

I expect this to be about the end of the mini updates as the room is nearly as good as I can make it. I will add little tweaks here and there, but nothing to journal about really. I do intend to send my Cherry Bombs into flower pretty soon, so I will likely rebuild my veg box and likely one more to take place of this room as it will be used for flowering. Unless my budget vastly opens up, I won't be able to pay for the needed electrical upgrades to be able to handle all the extra power consumption of two added HPS on top of the current MH. I will probably just do weekly video updates like AG. So here's some more pics;

IMG_20141115_101014_594.jpg
IMG_20141115_101003_959.jpg
IMG_20141115_100835_345.jpg
IMG_20141115_100826_375.jpg
IMG_20141115_100646_137.jpg
IMG_20141115_100340_335.jpg
IMG_20141115_100317_681.jpg
IMG_20141115_100251_497.jpg
IMG_20141115_100227_886.jpg
IMG_20141115_100215_221.jpg

Forgot to mention that I opted to not use PVC cement when building the halos. PVC fittings each have a mild taper in them, so when threading in pipe, or in the slip fittings there is a taper as well and forcing the pieces together is enough grip to maintain the small amount of pressure my pump creates. Doing it like this also allows me to swivel the halo parts to better conform to uneven media beds which further mitigates water spraying out of the pot, not that this would matter on a flood table, but...

looking good man,plants look happy.

so you are using the cubes and the chunks??

any fears of untreated wood in there?? cedar works well,bugs dont seem to like it.

Cedar is also expensive. Aside from the jacking moisture out of the air, I don't know what other drawbacks there can be. None of the nutes touch any wood, is there something I overlooked?
Edit - yes, cubes and chunks together. Hydro store didn't have cubes when I was shopping for supplies last year so I grabbed the chunks. i have since requested they order and stock the cubes which they now do. so I mixed the 2 together and viola!

man I wanted to try the chunks by themselves,no I dont think you missed anything

I have had issues with pine and black mold in my enclosed trailers,only thing that happened was water,and not much of it.

I'll have to read up on black mold for sure.

The chunks are about 3-4 times larger than the cubes. Great for plugging large drain holes, but I'm thinking they'll be harder to work with as there is now less free air space in my media which will increase water retention. This might be good, or it might be bad, and only time will tell how that's gonna play out.

That construction job looks great!!!!! Good call on not using PVC cement!! I was going to build another set of slightly larger halos, as I bought a couple small ones at the store that I think I am going to save for my veg section, once I get moved and set up at the next spot.. Those plants look great too!!!!

Looking great bro. Beautiful plants!

I wish buddy! My room temps and RH are always on the low and my budget and power supply are both too thin to really tackle this issue correctly. What I perceive to be a Phosphorus (P) deficiency could just as easily be a Potassium (K) deficiency because of the lack of humidity in the air.

I actually just shot a video of where my grow is (in time) so give me a few minutes to upload it and I'll post the link when ready.

[video=youtube;BVKC0Ouz_Fo]
[/video]

Any feedback on deficiencies or other possible diagnosis is so welcomed.

[video=youtube;BVKC0Ouz_Fo]
[/video]

Any feedback on deficiencies or other possible diagnosis is so welcomed.

That's a well built room. I have no idea on you're leaf issues. Your video has given me some ideas for my new room. How long have you been growing? You give me so many ideas. Good Luck and my the Bud god be forever in your favor.

My first attempts at growing were as a teen back in roughly 88, then I did a lot of studying in 01, but never got one out of the dirt, but thankfully regained interest in 2012 when I joined the site, but didn't actually get to growing anything till summer 2013. I'm still chasing my dream, though hurdles always seem to arise.

About my deficiency, I also notice that the undersides of the petioles are red/purple and I saw that deficiency on passing, but can't remember what it was, maybe sulfur or magnesium? Whatever the case, I've been gradually increasing the CALiMAGic with each new week so next should be 3.5ml-4ml/gal which is just about right. when I get these clones going full veg, I will start with higher dose of calmag and just hold it there for a week or three.

Edit - what kinds of ideas you got? I'm definitely a tinkerer and you might dig up some of my older DIY stuff and get still more ideas, though I have to give credit to the nugs you stuff in your pipe as the true inspiration.

[video=youtube;9QvfQ19WMbY]
[/video]

Edit - I check my meters about weekly and both stay in calibration for the most part. The table is nice as I have a place to check meter levels with nutrient flowing across probing zones giving me (IMO) a more accurate reading. The draining sound of water falling back into the bucket is the sound of oxygen being injected into the res water and adding O2 (can ya spot the stoner logic?). Whatever the case may be, I am finding that this table is very useful and functions the same as a tote lid and then some. I am still yet to swap out the rope hangers with chains, but funds are too thin so they'll have to "hold" out for a bit longer.

New growth is appearing on one of the GDP clones which I'm stoked about.

My first attempts at growing were as a teen back in roughly 88, then I did a lot of studying in 01, but never got one out of the dirt, but thankfully regained interest in 2012 when I joined the site, but didn't actually get to growing anything till summer 2013. I'm still chasing my dream, though hurdles always seem to arise.

About my deficiency, I also notice that the undersides of the petioles are red/purple and I saw that deficiency on passing, but can't remember what it was, maybe sulfur or magnesium? Whatever the case, I've been gradually increasing the CALiMAGic with each new week so next should be 3.5ml-4ml/gal which is just about right. when I get these clones going full veg, I will start with higher dose of calmag and just hold it there for a week or three.

Edit - what kinds of ideas you got? I'm definitely a tinkerer and you might dig up some of my older DIY stuff and get still more ideas, though I have to give credit to the nugs you stuff in your pipe as the true inspiration.

I really like your tables, although when I make one it will probably be a foot or so off the ground with the drain so I can quit putting them in tubs to water them and pull the waste tub out. I like your watering system. It would work well for me. I've been saving my waste water since I nute burned most of the houseplants watering them with it.

Do you think I could recycle my waste solution if I fix the ph, ppm, and filter out the small amount of coco and perlite out? I have 2 gallons of 1900 ppm waste solution already. At around $.75 a gallon I can't bring myself to pour it down the drain.

Is your phosphorus deficiency getting better?

The newer growth does appear to be unaffected which is good, but there might be other concerns so I have some homework to do.

The waste water might need to be thinned out for the house plants, but before committing to using it, consider that your cannabis plants may be consuming different levels of different elements w/o sending you the memo of which, or how much, so essentially you don't know the elemental composition of the waste water, just that it's 1900 PPM @ 5.x PH.

I was thinking on my next run to do hempy with recirculating auto water. I don't know yet. That'll be after I get hempy successfully under my belt.

Guess for now I'll dump it around my trees surely I can't hurt them with all the soil outdoors

Back
Top Bottom