Multi Strain, Perpetual, Capn Style, Multi Room

Re: Multi Strain/Perpetual/Capn Style/Multi Room

Thanks for jumping on board mrrobert, I will sub your journal and get caught up in the next day or two. I wanna get into DWC so bad, and your third journal of DWC suggests the first 2 went well for you. Be over shortly.

AG, I will include the new arrivals in the video update in a day or two. I'm pressing my budget hard to finish it all up tomorrow and get the 4 mains under some halide rays. All 4 seedlings were tap rooted on 9/26 when I put them in cubes. Of them there are 3 Cherry Bombs and a random that I strongly believe is my saved Power Flower that I thought I misplaced with the Sage And Sours. The pheno is definitely more Sativa, and had I not been topping the hell out of'em, I bet the ?PF? would be stacked into the light. I am keeping everyone's lowest branches trimmed off and semi clean under the skirt. I will probably at least top them all again to convert their 4 main tops into 8 main tops, then possibly 16, but I think I might take a stab at cloning pre topped plants. Any thoughts on this?

Can you guys Explain in detail this method of pre-topping cuttings for cloning?

I agree with Lumen, as it does give a little headstart. I have only had a problem when doing this with my sativa dom. stains. One top would stretch more than the other, creating a sideways tipping plant.

>>>Can you guys Explain in detail this method of pre-topping cuttings for cloning?

It is basically when you 'top' a main node on your original plant to form two sets of branching. This node is then cut at the base and used as a clone. Imagine a pre cut clone in the shape of a 'flux' ;-)

:thanks: AG

Yeah Reg, why start with an "i" when you can start with a T. The T already has 2 main tops with auxins equally distributed. I would like to one day attempt to take a cutting with 2 sets of toppings (1.e. 4 main tops). If that's even possible, it would then just be a matter of how much time it takes to root vs how long it takes to root a normal 1 top cutting, then grow it up and put it through 2 topping sessions. Just to be clear, each "topping session" (for me at least) involves making twice as many cuts as the previous session so it looks something like this;

1st session - cut the main shoot
2nd session - cut the 2 main shoots
3rd session - cut the 4 main shoots
4th session - cut the 8 main shoots, etc. Each session needs about 4-6 days to recover, plus added days for the new shoots to stretch out a bit and produce vegetative growths before they can be cut ((above these new growths)). This is the method that has made the likes of The Capn, s1ingblade, HygroHybrid on YouTube and many others so successful from single plant grows. I prefer topping to FIMing because with FIM, you get an unknown amount of new shoots, whereas topping only gives you two new shoots per top site and that is something I can plan around.

I think I should be able to finish everything today and have a video update by this evening.

Got it Sky. Blogged for future reference.

Tomorrow I hope to get the clones in there somewhere too, then break the current veg box down for later use elsewhere. Ok, I'm burnt, see y'all in the am.

IMG_20141108_222426_587.jpg

pt. 2

Today I mixed 5 gallon of nutes that metered a whopping 1100 ppm, so I was forced to quick mix about 4/10 of a gallon of RO with the 1100 and got it down to 430. Each pot was severely light as I forgot to plug the pump in for at least 1 missed feeding day, but possibly 2. Put it this way, when I picked up each pot, I remember thinking that if I flip each over and pull the pot, I would be able to blow the croutons away like pollen from male dandelions. Any rate, I fed each pot 1000ml of 430 ppm and each just barely had some runoff. The clones I just dipped into a butter bowl of 180 ppm bloom clone mix that promotes rooting. I submerged each cup until the water line in the cup crept up to about 80%, then I pulled them out of the dip to runoff, then back into the dome.

I also hung the flood table so now it looks clean and I can adjust the table height as I see fit. I do wish I could've made it lighter as even large vegetative plants won't weigh enough to justify the need for heavy lumber, so I will be looking to upgrade that soon. Tomorrow I will hopefully have the feeding system plumbed and the new PVC Capn style halos made up and ready for use. I also will cut the drywall and do my best to jigsaw 6" holes for ventilation. If I accomplish all that, I will be a happy man.

IMG_20141109_184551_630.jpg
IMG_20141109_184911_407.jpg
IMG_20141109_184917_837.jpg
IMG_20141109_185035_504.jpg

Like a numb nuts, I forgot to publish the video after uploading. I changed the settings to "unlisted" as opposed to public or private, so please let me know if there are still viewing problems.

First night in the Veg room - YouTube

looks great! love it!

When I was listening to you explain your ventilation, were you aiming to go like Capn did with a straight through for his HID lights, and a separate intake?

I was thinking you put the carbon filter on the end and just run that through the lights and one exhaust? That way you only have to worry about a passive, light-proof intake..

Otherwise, your room looks siiiiiiiick!!! :)

Like a numb nuts, I forgot to publish the video after uploading. I changed the settings to "unlisted" as opposed to public or private, so please let me know if there are still viewing problems.

First night in the Veg room - YouTube[/QUOTE

:goodjob:! Did you frame the room using existing walls? I was thinking of doing the same on mine. My only concern is if I lay it out the way I want I'll have a ac/heat vent in there.

It is an adjoining room to my bedroom that I used to sleep in. So I pulled the bed out and threw up a wall with hardboard inside and drywall out. It now has offset ducting in that the wall to the left of the flood table intakes low in the drywall and dumps filtered air at table height, and also has a starting collar up high to feed to the hood out of the hardboard. The other wall takes from the hood and carbon filter high and dumps out the drywall low. This prevents light leaks. I also sprayed immediate internal areas with black primer. Currently I have a 110 CFM PC fan drawing in through a HEPA filter, and another inline booster fan that pulls 180 CFM as a standalone, or 350 CFM when used as a booster. Only drawback is that they're pretty loud and the speed controller works with neither. It does work with my large fan and I do hope to have all the ducting laid out, large fan in play and hopefully this little carbon filter I got handles the mild odor. The CF is only a 4" and probably rated for less pull and area, but it's what I got for the time being.

Room progress update:

I have about finished the venting system. Either the 400 CFM fan is too strong and I won't be able to mask the noise enough, or the speed controller is not capable of stepping the voltage down enough, but at low speed the fan vibrates loudly, or at high speed the air is too loud, so I might decide to take it all apart and use the suncourt $30 inline as my primary. It is rated at 185 CFM as a stand alone, or 350 when used as a booster.

Quite a few pics, so I will caption as needed;

IMG_20141110_135522_635.jpg

This is the inlet wall before the drywall was added. HEPA filter @ midway and passive opening up high with a starting collar to accept flex duct.

IMG_20141111_200703_701.jpg

This is that same wall with the drywall on. I cut a 4"x6" hole to get a vent at a later time as I can afford.

IMG_20141110_141354_642.jpg
IMG_20141110_141507_714.jpg

These are the outlet wall. Same as inlet with the starting collar up high to receive outlet ducting. Other picture is the drywall with the 6" round louvered vent I got when I first started planning to build my first stealth box, it directs all air towards the floor and to the outside wall away from the veg door. Black pain on both to minimize reflected light, though I did not anticipate the fact that the carbon and wye and all that would block the light, DOPPPPE (Homer Simpson moment)

IMG_20141111_200743_124.jpg

Going to the hood, then from the hood to the wye. Also stemmed off the wye is the suncourt fan, a 6" to 4" reducer and a 4" carbon filter I got from the orange hardware store. Also got the suncourt there as well. From the other branch off the wye goes to the 400 CFM fan, then it is exhausted into the outlet wall.

IMG_20141111_200903_926.jpg

Here's a better pic of my stack (oilfield joke)

IMG_20141111_200851_118.jpg

When I ran this fan in my lap, it was humming like a bastard so I started rolling it around to see if there was a position that it didn't do that ad aimed straight at the floor was the best most natural feeling position. It's surprising too because the mounting bracket is on the side. I guess I get what I pay for (less than $70)

IMG_20141111_200834_056.jpg

Venting to the outlet wall.

IMG_20141111_200820_863.jpg
IMG_20141111_200914_665.jpg

The filtered air fan and the kiddos.

Watching & reading you explain in the building of this room has broaden my understanding of airflow Sky. Thanxx for explaining everything in detail yet basic enough for us non-machanically-inclined members can understand.

Looking pretty sick dude!! How much heat comes out of the duct when the HID is on??
Not much, I would need a thermal sensor to know how hot the bulb is, but as long as air moves, I'm happy. I have decided to tear it all apart and get that 400 out of there to see what the problem is. I will just pull the other motor and reposition it so it cools the light and passively draws against the carbon filter.

Watching & reading you explain in the building of this room has broaden my understanding of airflow Sky. Thanxx for explaining everything in detail yet basic enough for us non-machanically-inclined members can understand.

Air moves just like water, or that's how I view it. I know without a doubt that I'm killing fan efficiency, but air is still moving across the bulb and room temps hold to about 80 when it works with an open hood.

Back
Top Bottom