Multi Strain, Perpetual, Capn Style, Multi Room

Hey Sky, just saw your update video and I have a few comments.

1. Yes, ambient light for newly cut clones is sufficient. I got the concept from the Capn's blog a while back when he suggested that clones end up focusing more energy on photosynthesis rather than root growth.

That 100PPM foliar spray is to counteract the assumed P deficiency? I know you have current reading during feed, but I am not sure if you mentioned the range the PPM and pH values go through in between res changes. By the looks of it, could be a P def maybe due to underfeeding? How long have you been using counter measures for the deficiency?

The one GPD clone is looking grim, but I have faith that they will all pull through. The PF clones have always shown a lot of pistil development in veg, even some trichome-covered calyxes. It's been what, about 4 weeks from cut for most of those clones. If things don't turn around we will look at a second round.

4.What I do to avoid wasting space on my strip due to bulkiness of timers, is using multi-directional adapters. They have a decent selection at the Wall or the Depot that can suit all types of shapes and size timers.

I've only been foliar feeding for about the past week, once every other day in the evening. I am monitoring to make sure it doesn't get worse and it isn't. The bump in bloom also lends towards assisting in K deficiency as my RH stays at about 35% on good days and I'm hard pressed adding my own RH. The steam bucket just isn't enough, I might upgrade to a crockpot and see if that does better. I had K problems this time last year too as these winters get awfully dry. I'm quite sure my topping sessions have taken their toll as well in this less than perfect environment, the last session involved 6 cuts per plant. i'm about done topping I think as I want to get some into flower. Either case funds are too thin right now and can't make any more changes involving a purchase.

Also, I noticed the PPM is now 10 ppm higher which indicates overfeeding by a very thin margin as she's drinking just a tad more than eating.

Gonna catch up on this tonight :)

Thanks SG. Maybe next year I'll be able to turn the camera around, hopefully next year that is.

Thanks SG. Maybe next year I'll be able to turn the camera around, hopefully next year that is.

Hope your state passes it! Alabama will probably be one of the last states to pass medical or recreational pot.

That sucks Uf, but I think the entire country will flip sooner than later. I am on a very conservative state, and for us to be as far ahead of this issue speaks volumes to me about the way MJ is viewed by the people on the land. Yeah, hopefully this year we will get something on the books with the new governor, but I think any bills that go through will have more favorable language than the bill that almost succeeded last year. Aside from that, there is just too much good findings from continued research i.e. (CBD/Dravets Disease, THC/brain and other cancers being "CURED") coupled with the excessively high revenues being generated for the federal government to deny. Once the Fed cracks, all states will follow suit and the American economy can get back to the state it was in just before the AAA stocks went bust, i.e. the Clinton era.

Despite the annoyingly high tax brackets of growers and dispensaries in Co and Wa, and the overly steep prices for legal MJ there, they still exceeded predictions in annual revenues.

We're all (in USA anyway) headed to recreational MJ and MMJ.

That sucks Uf, but I think the entire country will flip sooner than later. I am on a very conservative state, and for us to be as far ahead of this issue speaks volumes to me about the way MJ is viewed by the people on the land. Yeah, hopefully this year we will get something on the books with the new governor, but I think any bills that go through will have more favorable language than the bill that almost succeeded last year. Aside from that, there is just too much good findings from continued research i.e. (CBD/Dravets Disease, THC/brain and other cancers being "CURED") coupled with the excessively high revenues being generated for the federal government to deny. Once the Fed cracks, all states will follow suit and the American economy can get back to the state it was in just before the AAA stocks went bust, i.e. the Clinton era.

Despite the annoyingly high tax brackets of growers and dispensaries in Co and Wa, and the overly steep prices for legal MJ there, they still exceeded predictions in annual revenues.

We're all (in USA anyway) headed to recreational MJ and MMJ.

Our founding fathers would be having the American Revolution 2.0 due to the tyranny of our "leaders". I follow every word in the Thomas Jefferson quote on my sig, and fully agree with Terence McKenna in the state of our government the constitution isn't worth the hemp it's printed on. It irks me to the core that we can't even produce the same paper our constitution is printed on.

Been having a rough run of things the past week or so, so I just got around to catching up and I love how well your table works!!!! You've given me a ridiculous amount of ideas for my next grow spot, which is both good and bad.. Good, because I always love to improve my processes, and bad because I can't afford it!!!! lol I'm much like you in the respect that money is tight.. I'm on fixed income, so I have to make due with what I've got.. I also wanted to thank you for the 1/5th ratio of the tea recipe!!! I kept telling myself that I need to just break out the measuring cups and spoons to make a smaller batch because I just felt wrong dumping out half of it and only using half of it when I made about 3-ish gallons..

As for your deficiency: When you calibrate your pH meter, do you use only 1 standard reference, or do you use a couple? I found with my HM meter, if I use both the 7.00 and the 4.01, and switch between the 2 a couple times, rinsing it with distilled water in between calibrations, the meter stays better calibrated for longer.. I will admit though, that I'm still doing this once a week and probably should be doing it more, as I find towards the end of the week, the 7.00 drifts up to about 7.14-ish, and the 4.01 drifts low to 3.84-ish.. I've given a couple of my plants acid baths because even though one of the calibrations would seem okay, the other one would be off, which leads me to believe the meters has some logarithm that does some sort of averaging or calculation based off of different values..

Unfortunately, I only have the 7.0 test solution. My meter only breaks each integer into tenths (single decimal), so the 4.01 would only give me 4.0. However, I am finding a lot of tolerance on my part in terms of my meter readings. Like I aim for 5.5-5.8, but I'll allow it to vary some to better access all elements. Also with PPM, I aim to be within 50 PPM of my target number. So I started now with 550, and I'll allow it to climb as high as 580 before adding some RO. If it falls, even better. Still being a newb myself, I am still feeling out Capn's recipes even though I used them before. I will try to get a little more accurate with my meters, but only as I can afford and I have many more items on the list above that stuff just to finish my grow, but somewhere in making it perpetual, I will definitely acquire some 4.01.

With my Grow Room Automation Project, I do plan to build my own Tri Meters, and the various test solutions will be needed to reference off of. By reading up on this kind of stuff, I have a much deeper understanding of how these measurements are derived which adds to my electronic knowledge, but also brings my growing knowledge to a bit of a higher level, so it's working hand in hand for my brain.

Unfortunately, I only have the 7.0 test solution. My meter only breaks each integer into tenths (single decimal), so the 4.01 would only give me 4.0. However, I am finding a lot of tolerance on my part in terms of my meter readings. Like I aim for 5.5-5.8, but I'll allow it to vary some to better access all elements. Also with PPM, I aim to be within 50 PPM of my target number. So I started now with 550, and I'll allow it to climb as high as 580 before adding some RO. If it falls, even better. Still being a newb myself, I am still feeling out Capn's recipes even though I used them before. I will try to get a little more accurate with my meters, but only as I can afford and I have many more items on the list above that stuff just to finish my grow, but somewhere in making it perpetual, I will definitely acquire some 4.01.

With my Grow Room Automation Project, I do plan to build my own Tri Meters, and the various test solutions will be needed to reference off of. By reading up on this kind of stuff, I have a much deeper understanding of how these measurements are derived which adds to my electronic knowledge, but also brings my growing knowledge to a bit of a higher level, so it's working hand in hand for my brain.

Still looking good - some great improvements - love your room!! - Cant wait to see your automated system up and running - it is very exciting - i wish i had more time to divulge myself in that programming :)

When I get where I want it to be, and all along the way, I will freely share every detail and of course the code.

Micro update and video of making Tea

[video=youtube;5uTEA6Y-YdY]
[/video]

Just got your PM, and for some reason, I'm not getting the alerts for updates, so I didn't know you had sent it.. I'm gonna send you one right after I type this out..

I thought I was one of the few people who cleaned out their measuring stuff initially, the same way!! I wanted to get some of those type of syringes, but got a "flavor injector" instead because it was cheaper.. It's not a lot better because the needle that goes into the bottle has 2 openings on opposing sides, but not even, so the thing has to go waaaaaaay into whatever nute bottle I'm trying to draw from..

As for the tea being light-sensitive: I had posed the question to the Capn, and he didn't seem to think that it mattered that much because it's only brewing for a couple days which doesn't seem long enough for an algae/funk ploom to form.. I'm going to be doing like you had mentioned in an earlier video, where I'm going to make my tea on Saturday or Sunday, and feed it to the plants on Monday, since Tuesday is res-change day (usually).. That made perfect sense when you said that, and for some reason, I kept debating when I should do it for the best results..

And that's some great news about the GD Purple Dream and the other clones!!!! I bet they'll turn back around before you know it!! What ppm are you feeding them and are you feeding them daily??

Just got your PM, and for some reason, I'm not getting the alerts for updates, so I didn't know you had sent it.. I'm gonna send you one right after I type this out..

I thought I was one of the few people who cleaned out their measuring stuff initially, the same way!! I wanted to get some of those type of syringes, but got a "flavor injector" instead because it was cheaper.. It's not a lot better because the needle that goes into the bottle has 2 openings on opposing sides, but not even, so the thing has to go waaaaaaay into whatever nute bottle I'm trying to draw from..

As for the tea being light-sensitive: I had posed the question to the Capn, and he didn't seem to think that it mattered that much because it's only brewing for a couple days which doesn't seem long enough for an algae/funk ploom to form.. I'm going to be doing like you had mentioned in an earlier video, where I'm going to make my tea on Saturday or Sunday, and feed it to the plants on Monday, since Tuesday is res-change day (usually).. That made perfect sense when you said that, and for some reason, I kept debating when I should do it for the best results..

And that's some great news about the GD Purple Dream and the other clones!!!! I bet they'll turn back around before you know it!! What ppm are you feeding them and are you feeding them daily??

For syringes and needles try your local tractor supply or farmers coop. The 60 cc are a few bucks and a pack of 16 gauge needles is about the same. I breed Lhasa Apsos and get vaccines needles and syringes there. Not that big though. The larger ones I use for my "Edible" mushroom farm. :hippy:

I have a 100 cc, but never use it for measurements. the little ones are only 3ml/cc and are too small. I think a 10 ml syringe would be perfect for me. Does TSC have 10cc?

J

Roughly 300 PPM, bi daily except when feeding with tea, that I count as a day.

Also want to share this, but I saw a video on YouTube when researching what powdery mildew looks like and found a vid where a pro grower shared a few ways to treat. One such way was to use Silica Blast in a foliar spray as the very high PH keeps the PM from developing in the first place. I'm pretty sure the Armor Si would also suffice and I am a strong proponent of using silica, so I might nix it from the nute recipe and just do foliar feeding even though I'm certain my gals don't have any PM. Sketch and some numbers was the guy's name on YT, and he went on to say that RH above 45% continuously is optimal conditions for PM to form, and 45% is a number I aspire to, but rarely get to with this dry ass winter.

I have a 100 cc, but never use it for measurements. the little ones are only 3ml/cc and are too small. I think a 10 ml syringe would be perfect for me. Does TSC have 10cc?

3, 6, 15, 20, 30, 40, 60, and 100 ccs. They're around the livestock antibiotics and such. Fyi you can use cattle antibiotics for dogs and cats and save a trip to the vet.

Can you tell I'm from deep southern county? The song I've got friends with tractors so applies to me. I've been sneaking the cattle behind my house mushroom spore laced hay since the spring. It was a fun summer. :morenutes::rofl::hippy:

Back
Top Bottom